Calorie Counter

Message Boards Debate: Health and Fitness
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Eggs are Bad Again

Replies

• SoccermavrickSoccermavrick Member Posts: 404 Member Member Posts: 404 Member
    And the air we breath is slowly poisoning us too from pollution. There is a point in time where you wonder who cares enough to continue funding these studies??? Don't we have better things to study like finding a cure for cancer?
  • J72FITJ72FIT Member Posts: 5,528 Member Member Posts: 5,528 Member
    "This study did not find a cause-and-effect relationship; it only found an association. And other factors may affect that association. They include the way the eggs were cooked, or changes to peoples' diets that occurred after the study information was gathered..."

/thread...
    edited April 2019
  • CSARdiverCSARdiver Member Posts: 6,261 Member Member Posts: 6,261 Member
    I see that despite objective evidence not changing throughout the past few decades has not stopped scientists, journalists, politicians, and other particular interests from making wild assumptions and predictions.

Gross negligence and disinformation.
  • tbeard42tbeard42 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I saw the thread title and immediately thought of this video.

https://youtu.be/5Ua-WVg1SsA
  • echmain3echmain3 Member Posts: 231 Member Member Posts: 231 Member
    STOP READING ARTICLES!

Seriously folks, these have zero credibility, and *anyone* can get them published.
  • Drop_It_Like_Its_HotDrop_It_Like_Its_Hot Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Cannot and will not give up eggs lol
  • dsbooheaddsboohead Member Posts: 1,903 Member Member Posts: 1,903 Member
    They would have to remove hard boiled eggs from my cold dead hands :#
    edited April 2019
  • Keto_VampireKeto_Vampire Member Posts: 1,682 Member Member Posts: 1,682 Member
    Eggs - doesn't get any "cleaner" than consuming the soul of an unborn despite not having "clean" macros necessarily (opinion)
  • saintor1saintor1 Member Posts: 311 Member Member Posts: 311 Member
    I need to cut my 3x-a-week breakfast with 2 eggs (no yolk) and bacon. I blame this for my high 174 total cholesterol.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 5,654 Member Member Posts: 5,654 Member
    I doubt egg whites cause high cholesterol.

I am not one of the few sensitive to cholesterol in food, and go through periods where I have a dozen eggs a week with no issues (my cholesterol has always been good and got even better when I lost weight).
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,716 Member Member Posts: 4,716 Member
    saintor1 wrote: »
    I need to cut my 3x-a-week breakfast with 2 eggs (no yolk) and bacon. I blame this for my high 174 total cholesterol.

174 is normal. It's over 200 when you should maybe do something.
    glassyo wrote: »

By medical current standards, you are correct. Except that about 1/3 of heart strokes are in people with total cholesterol ranging 150-200. You almost never see heart strokes in people with total cholesterol below 150. This is where I want to be.
  • mburgess458mburgess458 Member, Premium Posts: 470 Member Member, Premium Posts: 470 Member

By medical current standards, you are correct. Except that about 1/3 of heart strokes are in people with total cholesterol ranging 150-200. You almost never see heart strokes in people with total cholesterol below 150. This is where I want to be.

A couple of years ago my cholesterol of 139 was flagged on my results as too low... that lab said total cholesterol was supposed to be between 140 and 200. Seems like 140-150 is a very narrow result to be shooting for.
    The range shown on my lab test is 120-200.
  • JB1775JB1775 Member, Premium Posts: 136 Member Member, Premium Posts: 136 Member
    Three to four eggs a week huh? I eat 3/day. Maybe I should cut back. Just to save some money.
  • nvmomketonvmomketo Member Posts: 12,031 Member Member Posts: 12,031 Member

A couple of years ago my cholesterol of 139 was flagged on my results as too low... that lab said total cholesterol was supposed to be between 140 and 200. Seems like 140-150 is a very narrow result to be shooting for.

Low cholesterol is where strokes seem to happen. :(
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3299064/
  • hotel4dogshotel4dogs Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    My husband has had a quadruple bypass, a triple bypass, and 6 stents.
    His cardiologist told him not to eat more than 2-4 eggs per month. He says that, if you don't have a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, eggs are perfectly okay. But if you do, then they are not.