Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Eggs are Bad Again

Replies

• Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    And the air we breath is slowly poisoning us too from pollution. There is a point in time where you wonder who cares enough to continue funding these studies??? Don't we have better things to study like finding a cure for cancer?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited April 2019
    "This study did not find a cause-and-effect relationship; it only found an association. And other factors may affect that association. They include the way the eggs were cooked, or changes to peoples' diets that occurred after the study information was gathered..."

/thread...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    I see that despite objective evidence not changing throughout the past few decades has not stopped scientists, journalists, politicians, and other particular interests from making wild assumptions and predictions.

Gross negligence and disinformation.
  • tbeard42
    tbeard42 Posts: 2 Member
    I saw the thread title and immediately thought of this video.

https://youtu.be/5Ua-WVg1SsA
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    STOP READING ARTICLES!

Seriously folks, these have zero credibility, and *anyone* can get them published.
  • Drop_It_Like_Its_Hot
    Drop_It_Like_Its_Hot Posts: 11 Member
    Cannot and will not give up eggs lol
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited April 2019
    They would have to remove hard boiled eggs from my cold dead hands :#
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Eggs - doesn't get any "cleaner" than consuming the soul of an unborn despite not having "clean" macros necessarily (opinion)
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    I need to cut my 3x-a-week breakfast with 2 eggs (no yolk) and bacon. I blame this for my high 174 total cholesterol.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I doubt egg whites cause high cholesterol.

I am not one of the few sensitive to cholesterol in food, and go through periods where I have a dozen eggs a week with no issues (my cholesterol has always been good and got even better when I lost weight).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    saintor1 wrote: »
    I need to cut my 3x-a-week breakfast with 2 eggs (no yolk) and bacon. I blame this for my high 174 total cholesterol.

174 is normal. It's over 200 when you should maybe do something.
  • saintor1
    glassyo wrote: »

By medical current standards, you are correct. Except that about 1/3 of heart strokes are in people with total cholesterol ranging 150-200. You almost never see heart strokes in people with total cholesterol below 150. This is where I want to be.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member

By medical current standards, you are correct. Except that about 1/3 of heart strokes are in people with total cholesterol ranging 150-200. You almost never see heart strokes in people with total cholesterol below 150. This is where I want to be.

A couple of years ago my cholesterol of 139 was flagged on my results as too low... that lab said total cholesterol was supposed to be between 140 and 200. Seems like 140-150 is a very narrow result to be shooting for.
  • saintor1
    The range shown on my lab test is 120-200.
  • JB1775
    JB1775 Posts: 136 Member
    Three to four eggs a week huh? I eat 3/day. Maybe I should cut back. Just to save some money.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member

A couple of years ago my cholesterol of 139 was flagged on my results as too low... that lab said total cholesterol was supposed to be between 140 and 200. Seems like 140-150 is a very narrow result to be shooting for.

Low cholesterol is where strokes seem to happen. :(
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3299064/
  • hotel4dogs
    hotel4dogs Posts: 72 Member
    My husband has had a quadruple bypass, a triple bypass, and 6 stents.
    His cardiologist told him not to eat more than 2-4 eggs per month. He says that, if you don't have a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, eggs are perfectly okay. But if you do, then they are not.