Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yep. Coke Zero. 1-2 per day.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I can vacillate between Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke, but really prefer Diet Pepsi. I find it really refreshing. I usually buy Diet Coke though cuz my daughter hates Diet Pepsi, and she comes to visit every week. I find the flavored diet colas too sweet tasting. Like diet Dr. pepper and diet rootbeers once in a while.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yep! Pepsi/Coke Zero every day!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yep. Coke Zero. 1-2 per day.

Drinking one as we speak!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I enjoy diet pop (I noticed hardly anyone called it "pop".) My favorites are Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr Pepper and Diet A&W root beer. I don't drink it often, maybe 1-2 a week I'll have a can with my dinner. My absolute favorite pop is Mr. Pibb and I will only drink the original of that, no diet Pibb.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    JennJ323 wrote: »
    I enjoy diet pop (I noticed hardly anyone called it "pop".) My favorites are Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr Pepper and Diet A&W root beer. I don't drink it often, maybe 1-2 a week I'll have a can with my dinner. My absolute favorite pop is Mr. Pibb and I will only drink the original of that, no diet Pibb.

I go back and forth because I have a mother from New York and a father from Michigan, so both soda and pop sound natural to me, haha.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I go back and forth because I have a mother from New York and a father from Michigan, so both soda and pop sound natural to me, haha.

Sorry, but you have to pick a side :tongue:
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Pop here in MN
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...maybe one or two per week.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options

I call it pop IRL (Michigan). On MFP, I follow the thread when it comes to terminology ( . . . even to the point where people call every silly kind of challenging exercise HIIT ;) ).
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I call it pop IRL (Michigan). On MFP, I follow the thread when it comes to terminology ( . . . even to the point where people call every silly kind of challenging exercise HIIT ;) ).

Michigan REPRESENT.

I try to understand the context when people use certain words in threads too. When people talk about binge eating, I try to take it at face value even though I don't believe they've had a true binge, but are celebration eating or stress eating or boredom eating or multiples of the above.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    m*chigan has good pizza, i'll give it that.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Another Michigander-yep, it's pop Lol :)
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    SpicyWater wrote: »
    No, because I don't think the flavor is anywhere near as good as the syrupy originals. If I'm gonna indulge, I'm gonna indulge. I'm not going to drink some watered down version with a chemical aftertaste. (yes I know EVERYTHING is chemicals)

I know I'm the weird one here, but I actually prefer the taste of aspartame sweetners in soda, lol. The pure sugery ones are just too much for me. But it has to be fountain or can. I hate the plasticy taste that comes off the bottled versions.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I call it pop too. Soda sounds weird to me. I'm from Iowa.
  • EricL1144
    EricL1144 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same.
    Yep, usually 1 can of diet coke a day

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    not any kind of soda. I prefer aloe vera juice & tea, coffee
  • karenscofield1
    karenscofield1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do drink diet soda. Usually diet Ginger ale or diet coke. I drink it because I like it. It seems like a treat to sit down with a soda in the evening.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    I really hate the after taste of aspartame so I don't drink diet pop. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper and cream soda though so once in a while I save up the calories for one, usually just on the weekend. I wish we had mini cans of Dr. Pepper in Canada!

There's a few options that don't use aspartame. Coke makes a diet option that uses Splenda ie sucralose.

Coke Life is reduced calorie with Stevia and cane sugar also.