April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @rusgolden Fantastic run! Congrats on your PB and awards!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    To all of you who break out from poison ivy/oak, I have a suggestion to help you keep from getting the breakouts. I used to get it all of the time. Now, if I do something where I could have possibly come in contact with it, when finished with the activity, I come in and immediately wet a paper towel with rubbing alcohol and wipe all areas of exposed skin. I then wash whatever clothes I had on and take a shower. I've done this for the last 2 years and only had one very minor breakout. It can't hurt to give it a try. Also, if you do get a breakout and have a hard time sleeping for itching, you can get the area really hot - by taking a hot shower or using a heating pad or some other hot item. It'll itch like crazy to begin with, but soon will stop. That is because your body will have released all of the histamines it has stored up. Once they are gone, it takes a couple of hours to replenish, so you have some itch free time that allows you to go to sleep. (I have tried this too and it really works.)
    I usually get it from my cats. They get in it and rub on me. I used zanfel for a while. The alcohol will remove the oils from your skin, if you realize you’ve touched it. If it’s unmanageable, a course of steroid is great at getting over it. OTC antihistamines topical and oral also help. Best if you can just rid the yard of it or be aware of it. Dh took me though a patch once and I said “what buddy! No way!” He said “you won’t get it. It just rained”. Idk I really didn’t get it.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo A new chapter of life is always exciting and frightening at the same time. Enjoy the thrill ride!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @Avidkeo A new chapter of life is always exciting and frightening at the same time. Enjoy the thrill ride!!!

I agree! I hope there are lots of trailing zeros in their offer! Lots and Lots!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    No run today. When to check out some used cars for my wife. No luck.
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Happy Birthday!!
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I love your displays! My race numbers are in a folder and my medals hang on a belt rack in my closet. I would love to design something like what you have!!
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq How is your cat doing? I think it was you who posted last month she wasn't eating well.
    @rusgolden Congrats on a great race and a new PR!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I love your displays! My race numbers are in a folder and my medals hang on a belt rack in my closet. I would love to design something like what you have!!

@Lazy_Bones_85 Thank you! I didn't really "design" it. The board was bought on etsy, and I just added a photo frame from the container store above it. The map was purchased as well and just tacks to hold stuff in the right places. Trust me, there is nothing creative part of me. I just use what others have created.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Among the things that make this group the best: I have counted at least three of us, and I think I saw a fourth but it was a bit blurry to be certain, with our AIM run medals in our bling displays.

Y’all do amazing things to support each other! I am proud to “know” you all.

AIM is the one we all did as a virtual race a while back right?

I went back to see if mine was visible, and looks like my image is gone. Not sure why, but here it is again. I am not at home and do not recall what it looks like off hand. So dunno if you can see it:

twaj33ruhi4t.png