Things people say when you lose weight

Options
1505152535456»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Some lady at the gym whom I see semi regularly and say hi to in the locker room, one day decided to say, "You're lucky that you lost your boobs with your weight, I'm stuck with these *gesturing to her chest* no matter what"... I looked at her up and down, laughed and walked out, leaving a silent protein fart in my wake... @AnnPT77 has it right... no one should live rent free in your head but she was lucky I can't afford a felony right now :laugh:

Your right no one should live in your head I'm sorry you were offended by that remark, yet have you thought of just how uncomfortable it is to have breasts that are simply too large, as we age they cause all kinds of back problems, we can never buy a dress without altering it. Believe me it is no fun to wear a size 10 bottom and a size 16 top.

Yet she didn't need to comment to me about it with a comparison about mine... so eff off with that 🙄

Having been there, ultimately with size K that hung to my waistline, she is probably as absorbed in her boobs as you might be with your weight.

Mine dictated how I stood (scoliosis from hunching trying to hide them after seeing a dear friend felt up in 6th grade), feeling like everyone was staring (they often were), having male customers who would “visit my boobs” as a coworker put it, feeling like my nipples were laser pointers. Going out the door with that baggage was a trial, and has affected my social skills over the years.

Getting a reduction was the greatest thing ever, even better than the weight loss.

I now just throw on last nights pajamas after an aquafit class, and leave the gym commando. I does not care about the nipplrs, and in fact am inspired by some idiot thing I read about “Free the Nipples”.

I still have dents and dark marks on my belly from where my boobs rested all those years, even following substantial weight loss.

We all take things people say as based on our own perception, but I can guarantee you that woman’s boobs are a burden to her for her to say something like that.

I don’t think she meant harm, and I know exactly where she was coming from. Longing for less.

Hugs to everyone involved.

It saddens me that it took major changes like weight loss and surgery to me to make myself happy with my body, but damn, am I happy to be here. Finally. Six decades later.

The lady didn't even have big boobs... so there's that. ✌️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!