WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Machka))): It seems that you have a fall cold. Drink plenty of liquids and rest as much as you can. Peter Rabbit’s mom recommends chamomile tea. I prefer peppermint tea when I have a cold. I hope you feel better soon. :ohwell:

Beadowl: I like your advice to Margaret about sending a registered letter with return notification. Proof that the letter was delivered may turn out to be important. :star:

Barbara: We live in a townhouse community and I have very little dirt to play with, but I sure enjoy planting in the beds beside my home and get the most out of it that I can. Next will be bean planting. :smiley:

Lanette: I am sorry you’re having foot problems. Rockers would be off my island because of knee issues. I hope you are able to find shoes that are comfortable and support your ankles, knees, hips and back in such a way that you can be active and enjoy life without pain. :star:

Betsy in NW WA: Enjoy walking Ella and have a good day. :flowerforyou:

Happy Easter Sunday to all who celebrate. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: I love the old train. We have one that is seasonally active at the Oregon coast and I hope to take a ride on it in the near future. Our weather is not as sunny and warm as yours thus far. :star:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to those who celebrate!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) For anyone looking to build new habits, I highly recommend that you read "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin
  • Katla49
    Options
    :heart:
  • margaretturk
    Options
    Karen love the photos!
  • margaretturk
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Pip Fun!

To those who celebrate Passover. Happy Passover!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did an advanced strength DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do some training games on the Wii

Lenora – so sorry you fell so many times, you’ve sure been thru the wringer. You take care, ya hear?

When we do something at ceramics, we usually keep the paper with the colors we used. Well, it got to be so many papers that I finally wrote down the things I made on these sheets that are in the book where we keep the papers. Then went to JCPenney to get an air fryer for Denise. It’s a Cook, $200 on sale for $70. Of course, the store didn’t have any so I ordered it and will have it shipped to the store (free shipping). It should be here the end of April or early May. I should get it in time to take it to Denise. And if not, Vince can get it and bring it up when he comes up.

This afternoon we’re supposed to go to friend’s of ours house. She’s from Poland so I made some pierogi to take with me. Then we pick Jess up at the airport. She called last night around midnight, couldn’t seem to get checked in. Probably because American changed the flight number.

Had a stroke of good luck. See, I got some Krispy Kreme donuts for tomorrow since I’m not sure what Jess and Colby (if he’s here) will have. Well, they had this coupon for a free donut. In the past when I get donuts on sale I was able to get the free donut. Well, the girl (who I don’t think knew what she was talking about) said that in order to get the free donut, I would have to buy another dozen (around $9-10) to get it. Not worth it! So I didn’t get it. I was going to get a glazed donut (who can resist getting something for free) but didn’t. So it really worked out for the best.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

Sunday here: Did some training games on the Wii. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the AM Yoga DVD then take the extremepump class.

Sonja – welcome and happy birthday

Tracey – I’m so sorry to hear of your tumble. Glad it wasn’t something more.

M – chicken soup works wonders

Voices and Elaine – welcome! I’m so sorry about your brother, Voices. So glad you joined us

Welcome everyone new that I may have missed

Went to church this morning and Vince started to get the dry sweats. He went outside and felt a little better, but we left early, he came home and I had to go to Food Lion. He laid down and felt better. Had to get strawberries for the pavlova (I totally forgot to get them), some soda for the ham. Had ham, mashed potatoes for Vince, corn for Vince and Jess, some kielbasa for me from yesterday, Jess made these biscuits shaped like bunnies, and mac and cheese from scratch for Jess. Probably tasted a bit different since it was from scratch. Then had a pavlova for dessert (Colby liked that) and a chocolate truffle thing for dessert. Full now, cleaned the kitchen, now here. Called Denise but it went to voice mail.

Well, need to get up early tomorrow to go to WalMart to get candy for Vince on sale ½ price.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options