WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :) Visit to the dentist was successful with problem easy to fix and not too expensive.

:'(Carol, sorry about your BnL but mostly sorry about your husband's feelings of concern.

<3Yvonne, sorry to hear about your fall.

:) About emotional eating. The only thing that I know that works is to find a substitute activity to soothe troubled emotions....walking is what works for me or riding my exercise bike and watching TV...for others it is crafts...for others it is watching funny cat videos on YouTube.

:'( Too drizzly today to make yard work any fun.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
    2191610q208gshr57.gif

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,824 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm home and tired.. went and fed DFIL he spit milk shake at me.. lol oh well Tomorrow will be signing paperwork for hospice .fasting bloodwork first.. then walking dogs .feeding DFIL breakfast ,haircut ,then back for dinner.. anything I can get into him is alright with me
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,735 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Taking care of parents (or in-laws) is very tiring, especially towards the end. Make sure you are taking care of yourself @grandmallie --it is easy for caretakers to overlook themselves.

Made it through all day meeting, and it was actually pretty good. Working on assessment to better deal with drug issue in community. Lots of good people there.

Did extra treadmill time this morning since I knew today would be lots of sitting, Did end up at around 9,000 steps when I got home. It was so nice out, decided to go for a "short walk" before dinner (I can get lazy after I eat). Before I knew it, I had walked 53 minutes (and 49 this morning). It was just so nice being out and moving in the fresh air. I believe if I wasn't hungry, I could have kept going. So I have back-to-back days of over 15,000.

Best wishes to those having health issues of their own and with family. Life is all about how we handle things.

Carol-haven't done rehab with knee, but have had both hips replaced. Stretches, etc., are tough but end up being worth it. And it is not surprising for bruises to pop up a bit after the surgery. Swelling can take quite awhile to go away.

Hope everyone has a good rest and wakes to a good Wednesday.

Ginny
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,815 Member
    Options
    Kate - I think all kids that grow up on farms think that letting children drive in the fields is normal. I did it as a child and my parents did it with my girls. I think they are great childhood memories. Did your daughter not grow up in the country?

Barbara - that meal of Joe’s looks much healthier. I have to log on on every device I use. iPhone, iPad and laptop. It’s every group as well. The funny part is if I just go out to the community part again 3 or 4 times it works. I never have to actually sign in.

Karen in NY - what a wonderful time you are having.

Heather - you keep pushing right on with that sinus/cold you have going on. Maybe a day of rest is needed.

Rebecca - that picture reminds me is a puzzle by Grandmother did when I was young.

Janet - what a lovely trip for your daughter and granddaughter.

Tammy - welcome you have come to a very supportive group.

Laura - it is pictures that have helped keep me motivated. Maybe I need to put some of those pictures on my fridge and in the snack cupboard.

Vicki - isn’t that the truth, pasta and bread are cheap. I have been trying very hard to not resort to that since I haven’t been working, but it sure makes it hard on the wallet to not give in.

Yvonne - I totally understand your feelings about falling. Hope you are healing fast.

Terri - love your little poem!

Barbie - I so agree, boredom is the downfall for me with eating. Which really is a type of emotion.
    When I quit smoking I used sunflower seeds to keep my mouth and hands busy. At the time I was quitting I was so scared of gaining weight I actually lost 30 lbs. I haven’t figured out a substitute for eating yet.

Ginny - great job on the 15k steps!

Had my day in the house alone since last August. It seemed very strange but enjoyable. I spent the morning reading all of the links the lady sent me that I need to know for the job I am hoping to get. I knew more than I thought I did about Financial Management. I need to learn more of the definitions and acronyms and will learn those over the next couple of weeks. I told Sarah I was feeling more confident and she sent me videos to watch on how they present and teach so that I am confident with that as well. It’s like she’s training me for the job before I even interview. I am so hopeful for this position.

After I finished studying I went for a long walk. 5.8 kms. I may try for longer tomorrow. I have to make a couple of cards tomorrow too, my Moms birthday is next week and it seems to have snuck up on me.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,735 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.15min, 13.2amph, 136mhr, 1.59mi= 70c
    HELIX MACHINE- 37min, 139mhr, 54arpm,lvl5, 3.78mi= 249c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.39min, 142mhr, PERSONAL RECORD-19.1amph, FASTEST SPEED 42.1AMPH, 1.48mi= 56c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.13min, 11.9amph, 142mhr,3.01mi= 151c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.47min, 9.27min mi, 150mhr, .50mi= 67c
    jog wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.25min, 9.47min mi, .45mi= 57c est
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy- 20.05min, 7.9amph, 155mhr, 2.63mi= 194c

total cal 844
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did a spinning downloadable workout. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water class.

M – feel better fast

Counted the money at the church then came home and helped Vince get out the umbrellas, etc. for the pool then cut the grass. The plan is to put down grass seed and weed and feed on Thurs. I just learned, tho, that my MRI next Tuesday is going to cost $645.73 and it needs to be paid before I have the MRI

Tammy – welcome. I’m so sorry about your brother

Welcome any other newcomers that I may have missed

Irish Terry – love the poem

Michele in NC
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Monday, April 22nd
    ✔️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (47g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 25g. (27g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✖️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (ZERO Active minutes).
    ✔5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: TIRED. I don’t know if Sunday wore me out or if it was too much of the wrong foods. But, i was lethargic. Then realized i hadn’t taken my morning meds.
    • Exercise: Nope. 1641 total steps.
    • Eating deadline. I ate more in line with my plan today.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. Asleep before 11pm. Slept 1.5 hours then awake for an hour and slept another 9.5 hours.
    • Bright Spot today: Stouffers mini meatloafs in gravy - only 9 carbs and it was pretty good.
    • Today I’m grateful for:
    1. Retirement.
    2. Financial freedom.
    3. My eye sight. I won’t take it for granted.
    4. My hearing. Though the loud white noise in my left ear is bothersome.
    5. My mother’s witty humor. She keeps me laughing every day.

Almost forgot to post this one. It’s 10pm. I’m headed to bed.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Realized when reviewing exercise that I have walked on treadmill every morning for the last 14 days for at least 20 minutes--that really seems to get my day off to a good start. When I can, I also walk 30 minutes on my lunch hour (meetings sometimes get in the way of that). I did 29 minutes this am and it was so beautiful outside that I took a walk around the neighborhood for 50 minutes before dinner. Did stretches and my light weight exercises. Long story short, I am ending my day with 15,500 steps and 6.5 miles. I really feel better with movement. More importantly, it feels good to take care of myself. Hopefully I will be at my goal weight by 65th birthday in November (that will be a great present!). Currently at 156 with a current goal of 145, but may see how my body feels there and if a further drop is sensible (I'm 5'6").

Ginny in Ohio

Well done!

We really want to get a treadmill.

We've got a rowing machine and bicycles on trainers, and can technically walk outside year round, but on those chilly, dark, windy, rainy days, it would just be so much more convenient to hop on the treadmill and walk or jog.

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Okie Whew! Gotta love those "no worries" reports from dermatologist.
    Katla likewise loving the disappearing cyst. Fingers X'd your husband gets the guidance he needs to be up for the RV trip.
    Rebecca that is a beautiful Juliette balcony.
    Yvonne I am so with you, had a similar fall a few years ago, broke my glasses, cracked the orbit bone around my eye, but at least didn't break my wrist that time. My last few falls have not only made me feel like an old woman but have instilled FEAR of falling in me, and I hate it. :rage:
    Michele remind me what's prompting the MRI?
    Janet "...but we do have control over what we put in our mouth and bodies" Amen sister. After an overindulgent Sunday I felt like, well you know. Monday eating well and sweating in the yard I felt great. Felt so good that I did it all over again today, gardening, extra long line dance class, wholesome food. Now I'm so pooped I'll just sign off and zzzzzz.....

Welcome Tammy from MD!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 15/30, 60 g protein 19/30, rx/vits 18.5/30, meditate 6/30, knee exercises 6/30, SWSY 0/30, play with Tumble 13/30, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 14/30.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    04/23: LT: homeowner's wildfire coverage questions to insurance agent-Y MT: ground for transplants-Y ST:dog group wording-N
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, hope everyone is doing ok and marking my spot as I still have a few pages to catch up on.

Chat soon.

Love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Yvonne - so sorry about your fall. :'( I fell over a paving stone while I was out running in York , but I managed to save myself from a bad injury. I bruised my knee and did a bit of damage to an old crack in my arm bone, but it has healed up again. Couldn't do my push ups for a while.
    It's important to practise your balance every day and to strengthen your core in order to avoid falling and to manage the fall if you do trip up. The plank is one of the best exercises you can do for yourself.

My guests have gone. It was nice seeing them, especially for such a short time! :D I actually slept last night with the help of the nasal spray, :drinker: but I am still a bit deaf and have face ache. My stiff neck is also improving. I hope to join DH back in our bed tonight. :)

Going for a run after lunch, might try for 7k. :o DH will walk with me. Tonight is the French Circle. It's a talk about Belgian chocolate.
    The burning question is, shall we go out for pizza at Fatto a Mano before the lecture? >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx