200lbs+ to 135lbs - from obese to healthy (with pics)

Options

Replies

• preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    so happy for you, you look great, job well done...
  • sarahhorrigan
    sarahhorrigan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you suppose to eat on your non fasting days?

You just eat normally - so 2000 calories for a woman, 2400 (I think!) for a man. If you don't want to eat as much as that on your non fasting days, then that's fine too. I found my appetite reduced generally and I wasn't craving snacks plus my portions were just smaller. It's changed the way I think about food and I now know when I'm really properly hungry and what's just boredom / something else instead. Basically it's dead easy. Fast two days a week - stick to the 500 calories in whatever way you think (but stuff high in fibre / protein and nutritious as possible is your best bet) and eat sensibly the rest of the time. Nothing's off limits, just stick to the calorie limit on the fast days.
  • drechiz
    drechiz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! GREAT JOB!!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous!!!!
  • sarahhorrigan
    Options
    This article is exactly what I needed! I started C25K one week ago and I'm proud to say that I have been a faithful '3 times a week' runner so far....(today is week 2, day 2) but I was telling my co-workers TODAY that it seems completely unfathomable to think that I might be A RUNNER in a couple of months! I'm actually very excited and already look forward to my run. That 25 or 30 minutes is all about ME, and it's a great feeling to know that I'm taking steps to make sure my son has his mother around for a loooong time.

You *can* be a runner!! It's amazing how quickly you go from the first few weeks to running 20 minutes plus by week 6. And I would never have thought I could be a runner. I was hopeless at running when I was at school. And had never run as an adult at all. I love that I know I can run. It amazes me every time I run that I'm running. It amazes me more that I want to run and that I enjoy it. Who knew?!?! :happy:
  • USLJH10
    USLJH10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good for you !
    Pat yourself on the back, you did it!
  • somerville52
    Options
    Very well done you look great.
  • Sea_Witch
    Sea_Witch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did I read it right that you started all of this in January of 2003? If so that is awesome for such a short time. Either way it's awesome because you look like a new woman!
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I so needed to read this! You are truly an inspiration for someone like me with 77 pounds to go. Thanks again!
  • Shleesme87
    Options
    Congratulations! We are the same height, and started at the same weight. I just reached my halfway mark and so excited to get the last part of my journey over with so I can finally be myself again. Way to go! You are truly an inspiration.
  • Kadje
    Kadje Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! As others have written, I would have guessed you to be much younger.
  • sarahhorrigan
    Options
    Did I read it right that you started all of this in January of 2003? If so that is awesome for such a short time. Either way it's awesome because you look like a new woman!

Yup. Started January 2013 and reached my goal weight last month. I feel like a new me and my husband says I look like I did when we first got together 13 years ago. The new old me maybe? :laugh:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Very inspiring and you look amazing. You also look like you FEEL amazing. Thank you for sharing your story. :smile:

This

Great hard work and dedication!
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!! My story is very similar. I am 5 months in and getting there. I LOVE 5:2 and all the energy.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Such an inspiring and amazing story! Congrats to you! :happy:
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done
  • Teddy816
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, proud of you.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transormation! What a great inspiration!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    you look lovely, great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!