Less Alcohol - May 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato
    Ah, you are rooting for the Boston Bruins. Well, I do love Chara and Bergeron and of course Tuuka Rask. Everybody hates Marchand even though he is a really good player. Original 6.

However, St. Louis has never won a cup and were in last place at the beginning of January! I actually saw them play in Colorado in '97 when Brett Hull was still with them and Pierre Turgeon.
    So I guess that I am hoping to see the Blues finally win a cup.

It will be a great series.
    Definitely not going to have drinks for every game like I used to.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My plan for May will be 5AF days per week.

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 09 - AF - I have a deficit of 1900 left for today (very active day), so a couple of drinks would be within range - but - no drinking 2 days in a row, and I am going out tomorrow night and don't want a puffy face and puffy belly.
    May 10 - 3 drinks. The show was sold out that the plan was to go to. Instead, worked my butt off getting the garden going, then fell to what most people are feeling like this time of year, a few drinks on the porch after working hard in the sun. All good.
    May 11 - 3 drinks. Oop, 2 days in a row! Won't be having any over the next few days.
    May 12 - AF - barely going to squeak out my new goal of 5AF days per week.
    May 13 - AF
    May 14 - AF - Almost didn't reach my 5AF per week. Really felt like having drinks but I knew that I needed to be AF to make the goal.
    May 15 - AF - Yet another day where I really felt like having drinks, specifically a Cosmo. I kept delaying until I could talk myself out of it. Turned out well because the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues went into overtime, which would have meant more drinks had I been having drinks.
    May 16 - AF - Tomorrow will be too, but probably not Saturday.
    May 17 - 3 drinks - I completely changed my weekend plans around and ended up watching the hockey game with a few drinks. Not feeling that great this morning, I will need to sweat it out with a good workout.
    May 18 - AF - Hair of the dog probably would have made me feel better - 3 drinks didn't use to affect me this way. Toughed it out.
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF
    May 21 - 3 drinks. I actually did better when my goal was 4AF days per week, when I often had 5 or 6 AF days per week. I am going to go through May with this goal, but I might bring it back down to 4 for June, I'll see. I went from drinks 7 days per week for 6 months at the start of this, and didn't want to fail by making too huge of a goal for myself. My first goal was 2AF days per week and I progressed. Might not be ready just yet.
    Like I have said in the past, I went from eating ribs weekly (1700 calories for a good feed) to once per month, then once every few months. I am not going to never eat ribs again, nor am I going to cut out having wine with my girlfriends, I am trying to cut back like I did with the ribs.
    I am going away for 5 days where I likely won't have wifi so won't be checking in unless I don't leave until Thursday morning. Not sure if I am going to be having drinks or not while away, likely will be.
    Even after these months, it would be pretty easy to go back to drinks every day...except...for the waistline and puffy face. I really cut drinking back for those visible reasons, and will need to keep it back. Alcohol really does affect the weight and the appearance.
    May 22 - AF - going away in the morning without wifi for awhile.
    Home from being away May 27, going to log the previous days - back to wifi and tracking, reading what you have all written.
    May 23 - AF
    May 24 - 1 glass of wine out at dinner.
    May 25 - 1 glass of Port and kept it to that.
    May 26 - 3 drinks

Running total: 16AF days out of 26 days so far - not really reaching my 5AF per week goal, but reached my 4AF per week that I used to do until this month. There are still a few days left in the month
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato
    Ah, you are rooting for the Boston Bruins. Well, I do love Chara and Bergeron and of course Tuuka Rask. Everybody hates Marchand even though he is a really good player. Original 6.

However, St. Louis has never won a cup and were in last place at the beginning of January! I actually saw them play in Colorado in '97 when Brett Hull was still with them and Pierre Turgeon.
    So I guess that I am hoping to see the Blues finally win a cup.

It will be a great series.
    Definitely not going to have drinks for every game like I used to.

Oh no I’m in STL and a Blues fan! I was thinking you were rooting for the Sharks in the last series, not sure why. Yeah, LGB!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    beebva4 wrote: »
    Tonight was a bit of an eye opener for me. Memorial day weekend meant a bbq party. Yeah I had a little to drink, but nothing crazy and ended the night feeling "sober" (meaning yeah I had some earlier but by the end of the night felt totally fine again) since I stopped drinking earlier in the evening AND made sure this time to stay hydrated by alternating to water. Anywho, I watched a family member get really, really drunk. I have seen people boozy drunk before but not this drunk. And granted this person was definitely pressured BIG time into drinking and they wanted to please them and they have social anxiety. It all lead to this dragged out, exhausting night. And because of this I do NOT want to drink anymore! I feel cruddy just having had a few today throughout the day. I dont ever want to feel that way. Tomorrow is AF since today was my drink day for the holiday. Ready for Monday after company leaves to get back into working out as well.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday, and that you are able to stay within whatever goals you have set :) if not, tomorrow is a new day and that's what this group is all about! Also, thank you for listening to me to rant.

It is reeeeaaaaallllyy eye opening to see others get sloppy drunk when you are sober. Very very cringy.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 02 - AF - planned night out for dinner, drinks, a concert Friday night the 3rd. I am okay with that, I do it seldom.
    May 03 - 1/2 litre of wine + 2 drinks! Off the rails with food too - this happens when we consume alcohol. I had a good time, but it is bad for the waistline.
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 07 - AF - really felt like having a drink just now, but came on here to record an AF day, which really helped me to abstain.
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 09 - AF - I have a deficit of 1900 left for today (very active day), so a couple of drinks would be within range - but - no drinking 2 days in a row, and I am going out tomorrow night and don't want a puffy face and puffy belly.
    May 10 - 3 drinks. The show was sold out that the plan was to go to. Instead, worked my butt off getting the garden going, then fell to what most people are feeling like this time of year, a few drinks on the porch after working hard in the sun. All good.
    May 11 - 3 drinks. Oop, 2 days in a row! Won't be having any over the next few days.
    May 13 - AF
    May 14 - AF - Almost didn't reach my 5AF per week. Really felt like having drinks but I knew that I needed to be AF to make the goal.
    May 15 - AF - Yet another day where I really felt like having drinks, specifically a Cosmo. I kept delaying until I could talk myself out of it. Turned out well because the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues went into overtime, which would have meant more drinks had I been having drinks.
    May 17 - 3 drinks - I completely changed my weekend plans around and ended up watching the hockey game with a few drinks. Not feeling that great this morning, I will need to sweat it out with a good workout.
    May 18 - AF - Hair of the dog probably would have made me feel better - 3 drinks didn't use to affect me this way. Toughed it out.
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF
    May 21 - 3 drinks. I actually did better when my goal was 4AF days per week, when I often had 5 or 6 AF days per week. I am going to go through May with this goal, but I might bring it back down to 4 for June, I'll see. I went from drinks 7 days per week for 6 months at the start of this, and didn't want to fail by making too huge of a goal for myself. My first goal was 2AF days per week and I progressed. Might not be ready just yet.
    Like I have said in the past, I went from eating ribs weekly (1700 calories for a good feed) to once per month, then once every few months. I am not going to never eat ribs again, nor am I going to cut out having wine with my girlfriends, I am trying to cut back like I did with the ribs.
    I am going away for 5 days where I likely won't have wifi so won't be checking in unless I don't leave until Thursday morning. Not sure if I am going to be having drinks or not while away, likely will be.
    Even after these months, it would be pretty easy to go back to drinks every day...except...for the waistline and puffy face. I really cut drinking back for those visible reasons, and will need to keep it back. Alcohol really does affect the weight and the appearance.
    Home from being away May 27, going to log the previous days - back to wifi and tracking, reading what you have all written.
    May 23 - AF
    May 26 - 3 drinks
    May 27 - AF

Running total: 17AF days out of 27 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Oh no I’m in STL and a Blues fan! I was thinking you were rooting for the Sharks in the last series, not sure why. Yeah, LGB![/quote]

I was cheering for San Jose for the same reason, they have never won a cup and jumbo Joe is getting on...

Haha, I thought LGB was "Let's go Bruins".

Good game so far. Uh-oh, spoke too soon...but it is not over.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF
    May 23 - AF
    May 26 - 3 drinks
    May 27 - AF
    May 28 - 4 drinks

Running total: 17AF days out of 28 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF
    May 23 - AF
    May 26 - 3 drinks
    May 27 - AF
    May 28 - 4 drinks
    May 29 - AF

Running total: 18AF days out of 29 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF
    May 23 - AF
    May 26 - 3 drinks
    May 27 - AF
    May 28 - 4 drinks
    May 29 - AF
    May 30 - 4 drinks - just felt like it.

Running total: 18AF days out of 30 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Is there a June thread?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

May 01 - AF
    May 04 - AF
    May 05 - AF
    May 06 - AF
    May 08 - 3 drinks
    May 13 - AF
    May 19 - 3 drinks
    May 20 - AF
    May 23 - AF
    May 26 - 3 drinks
    May 27 - AF
    May 28 - 4 drinks
    May 29 - AF
    May 30 - 4 drinks - just felt like it.
    May 31 - 3 drinks - my discipline slipped a little this last 2 weeks, I will try better in June.

Running total: 18AF days out of 31 days so far
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Is there a June thread?

There is, it's on page 2.

Thanks @FeelinFooFoo - I looked on page 2, but didn't find it. I will look again.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay : - )
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    May 1: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 2: Goal 3/Acutal <2 (didn't finish it all)
    May 3: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines and aunt & uncles, 3 beers when returned home.
    May 4: Goal open/Actual, 2 wines at lunch with girl friends...…..wayyy over Saturday when returning home (8).
    May 5: Goal 3/Actual 0
    May 6: Goal 3/Actual 5
    May 7: Goal 3 / Actual 4
    May 8: Goal 3 / actual 7
    May 9: Goal 3 / actual 4 beers & 2 wines
    May 10: Goal open / Actual probably one bottle of wine and a couple beers...no counting
    May 11: Goal open / Actual 4 wines
    May 12: Goal 3 / actual 3 mimosa's, wine & beer
    May 13: Goal 3 / actual AF
    May 14: Goal AF / AF.
    May 15: Goal AF / 1 Drink....I mean "drink" "swig".
    May 16: Goal AF / actual 2 1/2 beers.
    May 17: Goal AF / actual 2 or 3 wines and about 5 beers.
    May 18: Goal AF / actual 2 beers
    May 19: Goal AF / actual almost an entire bottle of wine.
    May 20: Goal AF / actual AF
    May 21: Goal AF / actual 5 beers
    May 22: Goal AF / actual 3 1/2 beers.
    May 23: Goal AF / actual 3 glasses of wine and 1 beer
    May 24: Goal AF / actual 5 beers (two after I was relocated ;) and 1 glass of wine
    May 25: Goal AF / actual 5 beers
    May 26: Goal AF / actual 5 beers
    May 27: Goal open / actual 4 beers / 2 rum & cokes
    May 28: Goal AF / actual AF and no hang over...the four beers were scattered enough throughout the day Monday
    May 29: Goal AF / actual AF
    May 30: Goal AF / actual AF
    May 31: Goal AF / actual 1 glass of wine after work. Off to the dance recital. Then home and had 5 beers. Stayed up way late alone again....like my usual drinking behavior. Stept until after 10. I look forward to Saturday's where I get up and start with a walk again. Soon. The headache and yucky feeling are an excellent reminder why I am trying to be AF... or atleast less with control. Time will tell.
    I did end the month with 5 AF days!!! Yeahhhh
    See ya on the June thread ;)