Cauliflower Birthday Cake?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Quit it guys, I don't like most sweet things. Most my life I have been like that. I have a lot of taste buds that register the sweet in my tongue and sometime really sweet things feel like a 9 bolt battery on the tongue. I love the idea of savory options for my birthday. Of course if I'm having a get together to have both the sweet cake and something savory for me. Don't beat anyone who wants that. I personally love having steaks grilled for my birthday and than get my kids frozen custard afterword. That way everyone wins. That said since joining MFP my desire for sweets seemed to incress. Since i told myself my macros and put a said limit, I find myself craving it more. It's amazing the power of wanting what you can't have is. Had a piece of cake the other day and just dealt with it being too much sugar for my tastes. I couldn't imagine how it is for people that loved cake and ice cream before restricting. Must take will power to want the cauliflower cake. Hope your birthday is wonderful

She said in one of her comments she is looking for a fudgy chocolate recipe....it was in reply to the person who posted the cornbread like recipe
    Well it shouldn't matter, maybe its good, maybe its horrible. I imagine if the boards hadn't heard of carrot cake before this would be the same type of witch hunt.
    I'm looking for a nice carrot cake recipe for my birthday.
    WHAT!!!!!! CARROTS in a CAKE...... Barf... Gross... Please die.... Shun HER. Shun the women who wants to add carrots to a cake.
    Is carrot cake healthy? No. Does it add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Does plant based fiber help against sugar spikes? Yes. Could cauliflower also add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Could it be a balance of sweet and savory and be delisious? Maybe. Would it be a healthier but not completely healthy alternative? Yes. Is she going to force you to make one and eat it? No

tumblr_lgswiiAGqo1qafrh6.gif

I not mad just defending the OP

The OP actually posted this for satire. :huh:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Quit it guys, I don't like most sweet things. Most my life I have been like that. I have a lot of taste buds that register the sweet in my tongue and sometime really sweet things feel like a 9 bolt battery on the tongue. I love the idea of savory options for my birthday. Of course if I'm having a get together to have both the sweet cake and something savory for me. Don't beat anyone who wants that. I personally love having steaks grilled for my birthday and than get my kids frozen custard afterword. That way everyone wins. That said since joining MFP my desire for sweets seemed to incress. Since i told myself my macros and put a said limit, I find myself craving it more. It's amazing the power of wanting what you can't have is. Had a piece of cake the other day and just dealt with it being too much sugar for my tastes. I couldn't imagine how it is for people that loved cake and ice cream before restricting. Must take will power to want the cauliflower cake. Hope your birthday is wonderful

She said in one of her comments she is looking for a fudgy chocolate recipe....it was in reply to the person who posted the cornbread like recipe
    Well it shouldn't matter, maybe its good, maybe its horrible. I imagine if the boards hadn't heard of carrot cake before this would be the same type of witch hunt.
    I'm looking for a nice carrot cake recipe for my birthday.
    WHAT!!!!!! CARROTS in a CAKE...... Barf... Gross... Please die.... Shun HER. Shun the women who wants to add carrots to a cake.
    Is carrot cake healthy? No. Does it add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Does plant based fiber help against sugar spikes? Yes. Could cauliflower also add plant based fiber to the cake? Yes. Could it be a balance of sweet and savory and be delisious? Maybe. Would it be a healthier but not completely healthy alternative? Yes. Is she going to force you to make one and eat it? No

I agree with you, I still have this response to carrot cake because it is gross.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Im not mad just defending the OP

The OP actually posted this for satire. :huh:

If it is satire than I didn't catch that, but regardless I like experimenting. As someone who likes cauliflower and loves carrot cake I might try some of these recipes. It could be pretty good, or it could be bad. I have had both good and bad carrot cake. I bet the same could be with cauliflower cake
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Try this instead! Have a little sugar! It's your birthday.

1184815_380804905379333_811887097_n_zpsa10c06ed.jpg[/URL]

This is an abomination.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

Bizarre thing is, my DS (nearly 6) would prefer this. I'm not sure he even bothered trying the chocolate cake I made for his birthday as he was so busy eating watermelon :laugh:
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This is totally unrelated to anything in this thread, but if any of you have watermelon on hand, try it with some feta cheese. Such an amazing combination :)
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Bizarre thing is, my DS (nearly 6) would prefer this. I'm not sure he even bothered trying the chocolate cake I made for his birthday as he was so busy eating watermelon :laugh:

THAT looks yummy!!! :love: I LOVE watermelon!! tyfs
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    1 medium cauliflower, 650g-700g
    1 large red onion, peeled
    100g olive oil
    ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
    5 medium free-range eggs
    20g chopped basil
    50g plain flour
    1½ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp ground turmeric
    220g grated parmesan, or other mature cheese
    Salt and black pepper
    2 tbsp black sesame seeds (or black onion seeds or plain sesame seeds)
    candles

Happy Birthday

Cauliflower-cake-005.jpg
    Looks good!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    found some cauliflower ice cream to go with it

http://tannerlovescauliflower.blogspot.de/2013/04/cake-batter-ice-cream.html

enjoy!

Why would you do this to ice cream...WHY?!?!?!

1277378257_supporter-rage.gif
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    giantcupcake.jpg

Serving size matters. y'know... 1 cupcake isn't THAT bad amirite?

:love:
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    Check out this site. She has great guilt free recipes: http://withpeanutbutterontop.blogspot.ca/. She might have an idea or something cake-like for you to make for your bday. :happy:

Good for you for trying different things and looking for a healthy alternative to birthday cake! That's awesome! You could also do a cake made just of fruit... Just another idea :wink:

:flowerforyou: Happy birthday! (Early). :flowerforyou:
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    ugh, yuck! i get one friggin birthday and a year and i am surely going to have some sweet delicious homemade from scratch REAL FRIGGIN BIRTHDAY CAKE!

but hey, to each his own, more power to you, enjoy your cauliflower bread (because you cannot really call this thing a cake)
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, Google "Raw Food Birthday Cakes" ... You'll get some great recipies made with dates and figs, nuts, and what-not ... Use those recipies as a starting point, then you can get fancy and make greek yogurt and/or nut butter frostings and fruit fillings ... Be creative :) ... BTW, this isn't calorie conscious (birthday cake shouldn't be), just more natural ... I make stuff like this since I'm gluten intolerant ...
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

O.

M.

G!!!!!

This would be healthier if it was coated in plain greek yogurt. Whipped cream is just fat, too many calories.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

1184815_380804905379333_811887097_n_zpsa10c06ed.jpg
    My birthday is in 3 weeks. I do actually love watermelon and whipped cream. But I can assure you, this will not be my birthday cake!
  • lovingangel4uau
    lovingangel4uau Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump might need this recipe lol I've taking a ton of calories off sweet treats by using Norbu its sugar from the Monk fruit. Tastes good none of that yucky sweetie sickly taste. Just use a 1/4 of what it says for sugar in the recipe. Only like 0.2 cal per teaspoon. Roughly 16 calories for a cake. Its awesome for your sugar fix with no calories and isn't chemicals.
    Just for an example I made a bread fruit pudding normally would use 1650 calories of sugar I used Norbu instead was 60 calories and just the same taste!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

O.

M.

G!!!!!

This would be healthier if it was coated in plain greek yogurt. Whipped cream is just fat, too many calories.

It would also be much much grosser.

Fearing food will not engender a good and balance approach to eating.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    1. Go to the grocery store (or a field)
    2. Pick a head of cauliflower.
    3. Spread a little chocolate frosting over the top.
    4. Eat vigorously.
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's funny!
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in a week. I'm looking forward to having cake...it's going to be the real deal though.