WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Barbie that dog walk map looks motivating! Do you raise money for animal welfare through the walks?

NYKAREN

:) Yes. This is a delightful app. The advertisers pay to support the app and make a contribution to an animal welfare place of your own choice. The advertisers hope you'll want to purchase their products and services and the users get a nifty map at stats to motivate them on their walks. There'a a place to show the names and photos of my dogs when I open the app. Since I am immune to advertising, it is perfect for me.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    late afternoon checkin

✔️ 1. weighed 60 today (up fluctuation from yesterday)
    ✔️2. tracked all yesterday I think, and all today so far
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise today
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation today
    ✔️ 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project today
    x 6.produce at least 2 pages per day - not exactly
    not yet 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, not yet
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min/day filing/cleaning. probably
    ✔️9.average 1100 calories net. so far, so good

• Overall Feeling: under a lot of pressure, but more energetic than most often of late- a relief
    • Tracking today :so far so good
    • Exercise today: 25 min elliptical, 4000 steps so far and definitely not done (average is about 10 min for 1000 steps)
    • 1100 calories net : 576 in green at 5pm
    • Long term writing 2hrs: yes
    • Long term writing 2 pages: not exactly, about 1 page of adding in footnotes, etc.
    • Short term writing/admin :not yet
    • Bright Spots today : got some footnotes done

Today im grateful for
    1. library
    2. coffee
    3. tea
    4. tofu
    5. bananas
    6. books
    7. Zotero (Easy footnote software)
    8. chairs and tables
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    slow to start and feel beat after just 2 or 3 hours of work at the library.
    lacking confidence in my writing today and so worked on footnotes instead. that's pretty boring (looking up references), but at least it's a way to get work done.
    I'm worried that I'm not producing at a good speed...
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Banana ~ What kind of writing are you doing?
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Is Michele still in North Carolina?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Sue hope your headache flies away soon and your eyes feel better.
    Heather thanks! Love the pen's colors AND the style!
    pip congrats on the personal best max speed! You ROCK gal friend!
    Felicia, a Ukiah in Oregon? Wikipedia says the Oregon town was named after the California one and is also the name of the protagonist of a series of sf adventure novels. When we lived in Idaho, we saw a highway sign in a scrap yard that said "Ukiah" but never could find such a town. In California we were told it meant Deep Valley and was also transliterated as "Yokayo" the name of our elementary school.
    Rebecca "... definitely not motivating me" jerked a laugh right out of me. Thanks, I needed that!
    Lenora glad to hear from you, you know you can vent here in safety and love.
    Welcome Bonnie Lee from Vancouver BC
    Rori returning the love and energy to you with interest!

Wishing us all well, safe travels for those traveling, hugs for those of us who need them, and uh oh, oh no, not pip's BOOT?!?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 3/31, 60 g protein 3/31, rx/vits 3/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 1/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 2/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 3/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!
    05/03: LT: talk to vet-Y MT: buy sweets for Ray-Y ST: mail Becky's card-Y

that was a fun speed to go that fast... I get cars riding beside me sometimes 2c how fast I'm going.

did you say BOOT? does someone need.a quick kick?
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do any of you have a way you figure in "weeklies" or "fluctuations" in calories : different amounts of calories on different days to come to an all around average.

How do you set your goal in relation to such fluctuations in calories, and splurges.

When I was on a mission to lose weight, I kept the same goal all the time.

However, you could go with a weekly total rather than a daily total.

Machka in Oz

when I was on a mission to loose, I just worked out harder, I try not to eat any calories that I've burned. I tend to eat the same thing every day during the week so I don't have to think about it. to some it is probably boring but I like what I eat so it's not for me.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Still fighting off a cold! I did just get done with my exercises. Now to take Shep out to play. Then laundry.

Kettlebell Workout
    Goblet Squats 3x5x40
    Russian Swing 19x7x40

Have a great weekend everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    hkstubbs34 another trick for avoiding drive thru-have a healthy protein snack in the car, keep wallet in the trunk and choose a different route home —do this everyday until it is your new normal way to get home from work o:)
    You can do this

NYKAREN
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Happy Derby Day!! We have a few friends over, but keeping the snacks to a minimum. It’s a bit rainy, but not the total washout we were originally expecting. I could use a little sunshine.

Have a great weekend!!

Connie in KY
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day:

spin, single leg, backwards, forwards, crossover- 60min, 158mhr, 72ar, 109aw, 15mi= 570c
    Apple Watch- 591c

total cal 570