jog wrk 2 sta- 4.28min, 9.42min mi, 147mhr, .46mi= 63c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.44min, 8amph, 137mhr, 2.62mi= 220c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 822
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I hope the police contacted CPS. My agency would have received a call to go check out the family situation. Definitely a possible child safety issue. Good for you doing the right thing Tracey.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    I hope the police contacted CPS. My agency would have received a call to go check out the family situation. Definitely a possible child safety issue. Good for you doing the right thing Tracey.

I hope they do too. For sure if I see them out again I will call CPS myself.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Still catching up. <3
    Viv UK
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Had a good visit with husband's family last night. Saw sil new house they recently built. SIL from Switzerland made a delicious homemade squash soup. She cooks everything from scratch. There were hamburgers fresh off the grill. Swiss sil didn't eat any-she had had meat with lunch. Said she is surprised with how much meat we eat in this country. She will typically eat meat only once a day. Interesting the different food approaches in different countries and cultures. She definitely has an overall healthier approach to food than many of us in US do. I prepare most of my foods from scratch also, but I prefer to keep meat a more regular part of my menu. It is much easier to manage intake with home cooking and non-processed ingredients.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Ginny
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️ 1. weighed in 58.9
    partly 2. tracked yesterday[/b3.
    ✔️3.30 min exercise today
    x? 4. five minutes meditation yesterday
    ✔️ [/b5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    x 6.produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term yesterday
    ✔️7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    ✔️8. At least 15 min cleaning yesterday
    partly 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork yesterday
    X 10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling : pretty okay
    • Tracking yesterday : only partly
    • Exercies today : short option, walk to gym and back and 15 min on elliptical
    • 1100 calories net average yesterday : didn't track all
    • Long term writing 2h: yes, both yesterday and early today
    • produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 13 to May19 ) yesterday : no, sent 3 pages to corrector today, have another 8 from yesterday unfinished
    • Short term writing/admin :prepared a registered letter to send yesterday
    • Bright Spots : found good solution with lawyer (long story) -big relief

Grateful :
    1. got some decent hours and pages done yesterday and today
    2.apparent solution with lawyer
    3. every day is a beginning
    4. I like soy options and beans and lentils
    5. health seems ok at present
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Barbara, how was church ? now I don't remember for the vocabulary- it was a few days ago, (and hard to dig up an old post in this so busy thread) but It was funny.you are right about the long term project being a struggle. I'm super under pressure so 5 minutes won't work anymore. at present it's a bit better- I have some good correctors, my director gave some decent feedback (for the 1st time in 2 years! !)last Friday.

I also had this legal thing to sort out and hopefully I've found a solution with suitable lawyers. basically my lawyer is over-busy and there's a short delay for something. it's hard to find a good lawyer in this speciality, and I can pay basic fees, but not arm and a leg fees (the fees run the gambit). finally one I've heard- from people I know- is very reputable and competent and not to expensive in this area accepted to take it on but is not free to do the 1st step required next Tuesday at latest .apparently my previous lawyer is working with him so the old lawyer does the 1st step (because easier for him-familiar with the case) and the new lawyer takes over from there.

I dont want to go into details because it's long and technical and not very interesting to read or write about.

thanks

I'm glad I made my weight goal modest this month : just 1 kilo per month.

depending on the day and fluctuation I have between .5 and 1.1 kilos loss.

hopefully I can finish with 1k loss and I'll be happy and then aim for another kilo next month.

low pressure where possible !

Julie from across the pond
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Had a good visit with husband's family last night. Saw sil new house they recently built. SIL from Switzerland made a delicious homemade squash soup. She cooks everything from scratch. There were hamburgers fresh off the grill. Swiss sil didn't eat any-she had had meat with lunch. Said she is surprised with how much meat we eat in this country. She will typically eat meat only once a day. Interesting the different food approaches in different countries and cultures. She definitely has an overall healthier approach to food than many of us in US do. I prepare most of my foods from scratch also, but I prefer to keep meat a more regular part of my menu. It is much easier to manage intake with home cooking and non-processed ingredients.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Ginny

I tend to be with your sister in law. :)

I grew up in a family that loved their "Alberta Beef", married into a family who loved massive quantities of fried food, and when I separated at 32, I became semi-vegetarian.

I ate a little bit of meat maybe 2 or 3 days a week at most. Sometimes I'd go 2 or 3 weeks without eating meat. Other times I'd eat a bit more for a day or two. But generally, it wasn't an important part of my diet.

My current husband likes a little bit of meat, and it does seem to keep me fuller a bit longer, so I have a tin of shredded chicken at lunch and usually a small quantity at dinner. On weekends, I'll usually just have a small quantity at dinner. I'm just not that fond of the taste or texture of meat.

I actually find it funny when people ask what I might like for dinner ... a roast or chicken. What? Neither! What else are you serving? :lol: Why don't people ask what I might like for dinner ... broccoli or carrots ... pasta or a veggie curry ... :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well folks, I've just got home from the Emergency Room at the hospital! :o
    I had an allergic reaction to something (didn't know what, and I've never been allergic before)
    I called the non emergency helpline as I was beginning to panic and could hardly speak my tongue was so swollen. They called an ambulance, who took me to hospital. DH had found me a hay fever tablet before hand, which did help.
    After sitting around for a while the doctor said I could go, take another of the Piriton tomorrow and she gave me some steroids to take. As I feel fine now I don't think I will take them.
    Really scary! My tongue swelled up and hurt, my palms were red and itchy, I had itchy welts around my middle and I was hot, nauseous and faint.
    On reflection I wondered if it was the cheese rind I had eaten about twenty minutes before. We found the packet and it said, THE RIND IS NOT EDIBLE. Oooops! I will take it to the supermarket tomorrow and see if they want to carry out tests. I had a lucky escape.
    So, I'm still here!
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Glad you're all right!!

Do you have a penicillin or mold allergy?

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Machka - On the back of the packet in small writing it says, Caution - the rind is not edible. I guess this means it is sprayed with some chemical. I am not allergic to anything, or even sensitive to much at all. Just a bit of elastic redness very occasionally. There could be some chemical plastic/rubber in the rind.
    Today I ran Customer Services and they logged all the details, but I still need to take the cheese back to the store for the suppliers to collect and find out what happened. They should contact me with the info on the substance.
    I will wander down there this afternoon. I did my exercises this morning, despite feeling that I had been in a wrestling match. I took the steroids (6 of them!?!? was the dose ) and feel full of energy now! :D

Dancing lessons tonight . <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Monday, 20 May 2019 … 6.1 km walking + 5 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 21 May 2019 … 8.0 km walking + 6 flights of stairs ... plus new pilates class!

My husband and I were in a pilates class today to set up a program for each of us. Something a bit different for us ... and I'm just a tiny bit stiff now!

The last two days have been a whirlwind of university, work, appointments and my husband's RTW stuff, and it's not over yet.

Tomorrow is going to be just as busy with a First Aid course in the morning, work in the afternoon, and a play in the evening. Plus, no doubt, more of my husband's RTW stuff.

I bus into town, but then I walk everywhere from there. Hence ... 6.1 km and 8 km of walking.

An amusing story regarding my husband's RTW stuff ...

My husband's RTW coordinators (several people are involved now) have been going on and on at me about the need to increase my husband's independence for a few weeks now. They've been making me feel like I'm an overbearing, controlling person, keeping him from being independent ... and they've been indicating that they are the ones who have the power to increase his independence.

Finally I asked ... "What makes you think that he’s not independent? Or in what areas do you think he is not independent?"

The response ...

"He is certainly independent in most areas, however, there are a few areas such as driving that he is not doing at the level he was prior to his injury."

Driving. :neutral:

He needed to go for a 2-day assessment in order to be able to drive again after his brain injury. He completed that on March 13 and passed with flying colours. He got his driver's licence back. On March 16, he had a Tonic Clonic (grand mal) seizure and his driver's licence was suspended until he is seizure-free for 6 months. If all goes well, that will be September.

In the past 14 months, he was able to drive one day ... March 13 during the assessment.

And I get ...

"He is certainly independent in most areas, however, there are a few areas such as driving that he is not doing at the level he was prior to his injury."

Well no kidding! What is he supposed to do ... drive while suspended????

Words fail me! All I could do was laugh.

Back to work ... I've got about 47 things to do before bed and it's 9:41 pm.

Machka in Oz
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... smiled at the placement of your cedar stepping stones ...

HIPPA ... I missed the conversation regarding HIPPA laws, but I think they're ridiculous when it comes to family members. Both my sons (ages 32 as he's permanently disabled and 21) are still on our health insurance. We pay the bills, pay for the medications, etc. But my husband and I aren't allowed to discuss their health with their practitioners??? Fortunately, both of my sons have signed releases with their doctors but who knows what they'll do in the future.

Beth
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Rebecca
    - has anyone told you that beautiful Athena has your nose? Loved the photos of your organized new place, by the way.

Barbara AHMOD - I too love those stepping "stones". Sorry to hear that they came from a majestic tree however. I'm getting hungry for that Chicken Alfredo, lol. Make it already! :D

Barbie - great photo of you and Jake as "kids" <3 And glad you had a good time with the visitors. A couple days is enough even for siblings in my book. You get to laugh, share some memories, talk about new interests then they are on their way.

Karen in VA - have you come close to finding a new fridge yet? After reading everyone's stories here..... I think we share the same disgust with them. I hate buying appliances like that anyhow - ranks right up with going to the dentist for major work. Lots of money, how long will it last, etc.

Heather - that allergic reaction was scary! I get itchy hives from Sulfa and some surgical adhesives but have never had my throat/breathing affected like that. Had you ever eaten this particular cheese before? There might have been some sub-strain of mold that you are allergic to. Even with massive allergy shots, there are days I am sneezing/drippy nose and losing my voice in the past couple weeks. There are allergens/pollens I am reacting to that aren't in the shots.

Allie - I am so thrilled for you with your wonderful weekend at the Joyce convo. And way to go on the 32 pounds!!

I found and ordered a new treat off the internet. Little packets of high protein/low carb crunchy cereal from "The Cereal School". I cringed at the cost, around $2 per little packet, the realized when I am on a binging roll (that I'd been on until a couple weeks ago) I could gobble down a couple candy bars and a bag of chips totaling over $5 without blinking an eye. So will give them a whirl - 4 to 6 weeks out on delivery.

Machka & Ginny,
    I am getting the same way about meat. Just not hungry for it. And raw meat "smells funny", lol. And tastes funny sometimes as well after cooking - hence adding to soups and stews works best for me. Am still a big egg eater however.

Machka
    - I would have totally blown my cool by now with the RTW gal. That deal about your DH not driving yet - how many times do they have to be told he's on restriction because of the seizure? They can't seem to get past checking the box. Are you sure this gal is human or a computer that is stuck and has to keep rebooting, lol.

Okie and you gals in Texas - saw on the news recently that there were huge damaging storms predicted in that area. Hope you are all OK!!!

Time to get going - you all have a wonderful day!

Lanette
    Cool and rainy SW WA State