P
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I hope you run into old friends at the reunion. I had my 50th Highschool reunion a couple of years ago. I had the chance to visit with four or five women I went to Junior High with, and then HS. Everyone else was pretty much a stranger. The people I wanted to see most were from grade school days, and neither one of them was there. My best friend from Junior High through HS was a missing person, and I managed to track her down. She declined to go to the reunion, but we did meet for lunch. Since then she’s had some heartaches & I haven’t seen her. :ohwell:

Barbie: I don’t know about you, but when I overload on sodium my joints ache. It is definitely unpleasant. Of course, the scale shows more weight as well. I was brought up by a salt-aholic. Mom used to lick her palm, shake salt on it and lick the salt off. I learned the habit from an early age. I don’t do it anymore! :noway:

Rori: Your cane/stool is an interesting invention. I hope you’ll let us know whether you like it. :smiley:

Connie in KY: You and your daughter look great together. :star:

Allie: 32 pounds lost in five months is excellent progress. Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:

Michele: Thanks for the kind words about DS’s MIL. :heart:

Yoga today!!!! I am looking forward to it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Katla - I will know almost everyone at the reunion as it is just our year group from our High School. My special girlfriends are coming too. One is flying in from France, one flying from Glasgow (she will be staying the night before with me) and one coming by train from York. I have been in touch with some other of the classmates over the years. :D We had two reunions previously, but the last one was over 20 years ago, so we will all look a bit different.
    The strange thing is that I am now writing about those years in the second volume of my memoir. It has brought it all back so vividly. Some good, some not so good. I think none of us truly appreciated how unusual our all girls school was at the time. The head mistress was a scientist Ph D and a Quaker. There was a strong Science element to the school and we were all encouraged to aim high. If you were not academic it was probably not so good, but, for those who were, the sky was the limit.
    There was a sprinkling of dedicated and brilliant teachers among the mediocre, and I owe a lot to a couple of them. One in particular encouraged me to be a writer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Karen in VA: I have had very basic GE appliances in two homes. They have withstood years of heavy use, even at the hands of tenants. I will buy again whenever the current ones (over 14 years old) give up.
    Rori
    SMILING from her recliner
    Colorado Foothills

Rori... I loved my GE appliances too... but GE was purchased by Haier who is based out of China. My 7 year old GE fridge was manufactured in Mexico and it took them months to get a part in from China.

Beth
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Yesterday only walked Tumble down to the lane, didn't make alfredo, did rest of list.
    Today I will: call Pat and listen, walk Tumble to cistern and start raking path before it rains, tackle laundry mountain, make chicken alfredo

Kay (((hugs))) Please take extra special care of yourself, these times of losses can really make us sick.
    Michele, on pg 41 "...to this I just smile..." Wisdom you!
    Julie, noticing the long term writing project seems to be a struggle. When I set too many and too ambitious goals (as I do every month [sigh]) I get overwhelmed and just quit. What gets me going again, is the 5 minute wisdom learned from these gals. So today I'll progress on the path project by dedicating only 5 minutes to it (I'll even set my timer). Now if only it would work on the "hang or purge art" project... ;}
    Lisa sure hope the Dr can get you some relief. This has gone on WAY long enough.
    KJ thanks for saying how you enjoy Grace and Frankie. I've been wanting to see it, but unwilling to pay... ;) Just checked our library and it's available! Guess I'll be going into town today after all...
    Machka "some combination of TBI and IT" Yes! Could that be your purpose? Do you need a PhD? Seems like you are already so expert that you'll invent/develop stuff as soon as you can take a breath. Guides for how to devise contingency plans, advocate for your loved one, helpful apps, information databases, somethings!
    Heather tell us more about the "Cheeky walks..." ?
    Welcome Kellymlowder and yes we'd love to have you.
    pip wow. You were the bone marrow donor to your sister after all that? Talk about returning good for evil... well done!

Whoops, only through pg 42 but gotta get goin' if I'm gonna beat the rain.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 11/31, 60 g protein 15/31, rx/vits 15/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 5/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 7/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 13/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele

I don't like LG. I have one with a piece-of-crap, design-flawed linear compressor in it. Stay away from LG.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Ll
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Sharon--Thanks for sharing your story. It's never to late to find happiness.

Machka-Great looking couple.

Allie- Sounds like a great start to seeing Joyce.

Heather-Love the dancing outfit. You look ready to go. What a beautiful place.

Barbie-Nice picture, glad you enjoyed the company.

Viv- Hugs and prayers

Lisa-I also have those voices in the head.

I am up to page 47, but out of time. Yesterday was a cold day. One day we have the AC on the next the heat. Sounds like today and next couple days cool with rain. Had a good weekend and now back to work.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Seahorsey64: Good luck to you during this challenging time. :star:

Heather: Enjoy every minute of your class reunion. :flowerforyou:

Yoga today was lovely. The owner of the gym asked me to become the new teacher for Wednesdays and I declined. I’m not properly trained and I have enough to do already. It turns out he’d approached more than one regular student. Our Wednesday teacher is going to dental hygiene school and will be seeking a job as soon as she can. Her current job as a night time bartender isn’t good for her family. This is a very good change for her whole family. I’ll be sorry to see her go at the same time I applaud her choice.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather That's scary. I'm glad you are OK. Swollen tongue is a serious reaction.

______

Besides Penny, I miss Wendy. And BJ. And Joyce. And Gloria. And others. Don't know why I am feeling so wistful.

______

Karen in Virginia
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Allie-way to go on the weight loss.

Pip-I love the arch. It is so beautiful.

I had a decent Monday at work. I got all my necessary contract documents for next academic year together. Made some yummy quesadillas for dinner tonight. Seriously wish I didn’t have to measure the cheese!

Keep safe in the Midwest US!

Connie in KY
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Home from work and in bed with my pup.. today is national rescue dog day..and I dont know who rescued who lol.DFIL is on a roll he ate well all day today and tonight ate on his own... being his usual.spunky self...
    So glad to see him like that and will take those precious moments while we can...

• bwcetc
    Options
    Michele

I don't like LG. I have one with a piece-of-crap, design-flawed linear compressor in it. Stay away from LG.

Karen in Virginia

Karen ...then stay away from Samsung as well. Both are manufactured in South Korea and share designs, parts and manufacturing facilities even though they are separate companies.

Beth

• bwcetc
    Options
    Heather ... that is scary! Glad you are ok!

Didn't do a great job with my food choices today. Had made a no-bake fudge brownie thing ... a recipe of my mom's... for my oldest son yesterday. He didn't take it home with him because it didn't set up. That didn't stop me from finding a spoon and eating way too much of it. After my husband had a spoonful, we threw the rest away. Hate wasting food, but didn't need that on my hips!

Beth
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Beth. Thanks. No Samsung refrigerators for me. This is no fun.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Iooo