:heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Athena Rose!!!!! Gorgeous!!!! <3<3<3
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    oh Lisa in AR! I'm so glad to know of someone else who is aware of Callahan's! I've lived there for days on end at times. The people there understand me and my thinking better than anywhere else on earth (?), I think.

Heather UK, I love that picture! You look ready to break into the 40s OR 50s with that terrific outfit! We have a Spiegeltent here in Seattle that is the venue for "Teatro Zinzanni", a dinner/circus evening that's very popular for anniversaries, birthdays or other VERY special events. I live the atmosphere. And kudos and blessings for your husband managing to twirl away with a site wrist. Part of the true "chin up!" spirit.

Ketone Karen - Maytag

Tracey, we all have terrific stories to tell. At 76, which isn't THAT old, but still - I figure I have less time than many of you to tell mine. I have a family page for just my kids and grandkids where I share vignettes for them. I love hearing about everyone here. The "I am" posts were very powerful to me!

Rebecca, that first picture has just the hint of a smile! She's precious. My husband cooked that way. He was the eldest of 3, and his mom taught him to make basics on their woidstove so when the parents went to the fields to pick, he could feed and watch after them. There was usually a neighbor close by he could go to in an emergency, but not always. He was left in charge at age 6 for a whole weekend now and then. That was the Great Depression. It would be about 1935.

The sun is out and it's lovely outside. I'm going to go enjoy it by the pool.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    L
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    The hip hop recital we went to today was great. I was totally amazed at the awesome agility of these young women and a few fellows. When the grand daughter's number came up, I could tell that she did not feel totally confident, but, I know if she keeps it up she will do well. My DH' mother danced in the huge stage shows that were popular during the 30's and 40's. She met several well known actors (silent stars?) at that time and we have photographs of some. My husband always was a good dancer, but, I have two left feet. Feel the way Heather's DH must feel. LOL

Anyway, it was a good day with the exception that my knee hurt so much when seated, I wanted to cry. Finally, got up and left at the end.

Carol in GA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, Athena Rose is a beauty for sure!
    Michele, you might get a better visit in next time if you plan it for when Pete is at work. I got the impression from one of your posts that he does long distance work and would be away from home for a few days at a time. Denise might appreciate the help more when he's not there and you might not feel so uncomfortable. And you would probably get more cuddle time! We don't seem to see our grandkids much either, but I sure grab at each chance that I get!
    Lisa, sure hope your ickies go away soon! Glad that you are feeling more energetic tho.
    Heather, that venue is spectacular! Glad that you two had a good time, hope hubby's wrist feels better quickly.
    Barbie, great looking group! Glad that you enjoyed your company.
    Many more comments that I wanted to make, but the memory (oh the memory!! lol)...... I seem to be in a holding pattern, weight wise. Not gaining, but not losing either.... my fault, of course, but :/
    Something is getting into the pot that I have a raspberry bush in. It's tried to dig out the plant, so I tried putting hot pepper flakes on top of the dirt. We didn't notice anything yesterday am, but hubby texted not too long ago that it was back, and it seems to be eating the pot! It's a plastic pot, so not sure just what this critter is up to. We think it's the squirrel that thinks my flower bed is his private salad bar (grrrrr....). It hasn't really done too much damage, but I sure don't know what it's doing with the flower pot! It's a mystery for sure! I shall repot the plant and see what happens...
    Hugs to those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

spin-single, crossover, extend back leg, reverse pedal, 52min, 102w, 76r, 120ahr, 152mhr, 12.7mi= 530c
    Apple Watch-499c
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Evelyn Squirrels gnawed on our kayaks until there were holes all the way through the hard plastic.
  • CeeCeeCarra
    CeeCeeCarra Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone! ... So sorry @cityjaneLondon ... I feel for your brother. I had a stuck kidney stone in January 2018 and experienced the same thing. Had to stay in the hospital until they could fit me in for surgery, as it was the weekend and Emergency Room cases take priority. Anyway, so glad everything went well. Sorry to hear about DH too. Boy sometimes when it rains it seems to pour. Sending you wishes for your family’s health and healing! (((Hugs)))
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Lost kindle. Found kindle. Sleepless night. Overweight friend 44 needs knee replacement.need to push forward for me. Wish I could help friend.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,892 Member
    Options
    Just as we were settling down this evening to watch a Midsomer Murders repeat, my DSIL texted me to let me know my brother had been taken in to hospital as an emergency with a stuck kidney stone. If you remember, I went to see him last Wednesday because he was not able to travel because something like that might happen. They were all set to do a stent operation, but then a greater emergency came in and he had to wait. They finally did it an hour or two ago and he has come through fine. :D<3 He will probably be home tomorrow. Phew!

DH slipped in the shower this morning and hurt his wrist. He manfully danced through the pain, using the wrist to spin me about, but now it's quite sore. :s His team lost the cup final 0-6. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Ouch!!

I've been there with the stuck kidney stone. Most painful thing I've ever experienced!!! I also had the stent operation. I've got ongoing kidney stones, but fortunately they've been smaller than that one.

I hope your brother and husband will be all right.

Machka in Oz

• trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    frankiesgirl, it definitely helps to be lighter if you're going for a new knee, plus it can help stave off additional surgeries. That was one of my goals in having weight loss surgery. I've had both knees and 1 hip done. I'm hoping not to need the 2nd hip. And no one can do it for us, but the advice you'll here here is from women who have had ongoing personal experience with weight loss. Tell your friend about MyFitnessPal. Logging food and exercise really helps to stay accountable!

Sharon Near Seattle
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️ 1. weighed in 59.4 (weight back up!)
    X 2. tracked yesterday
    X ?[/b3. 30 min exercise yesterday
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation yesterday
    x [/b5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    x 6.produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term yesterday(from May 13 to May19 )
    ✔️7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    X8. At least 15 min cleaning yesterday
    X9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork yesterday
    X10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling : okay
    • Tracking yesterday : none
    • Exercies yesterday :little walk
    • 1100 calories net average yesterday :no, went over, and didn't track
    • Long term writing 2h: wrote to teacher
    • produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 13 to May19 ) yesterday : no
    • Short term writing/admin :yes
    • Bright Spots : slept ok
    Grateful :
    1. ok night's sleep
    2.comfy bed
    3. New day
    4. Useful response from teacher
    5. buckwheat cereal
    6. bananas
    7. soy yogurt
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    was supposed to go to birthday party yesterday. this friend/acquaintance has one every year and it's pleasant, but I didn't have it in me to go. it was pouring out and it's across town- I didn't feel like taking the scooter or the subway. when the rain lifted I just didn't feel like it.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Heather glad to read your brother is ok.

Karen squirrels are not so cute when they are eating up your kayak or insulation

Evie that's annoying about the critters eating around your raspberry bush.

Barbie nice picture

Sharon it's great that you are sharing stories with your kids and grandkids.

Rebecca thanks for the pictures

Tracey how was the shower?

Pip, what what a sweet and somewhat scary story.

Machka nice pictures
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,892 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- got out for another ride today! :)

Cycling
    Distance -- 11.30km
    Elevation -- 67m
    Moving Time -- 43:16
    Elapsed Time -- 44:00
    Speed -- Avg: 15.7km/h | Max: 28.4km/h

Rowing
    Distance -- 3,753m
    Moving Time -- 24:10

Machka in Oz