WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Drive by posting!
    Karen in VA, I don't have a make of fridge that I would recommend, but I would strongly suggest you NOT get a Samsung. I have one, and to be fair, it works great, but (there's always a but! lol) this is the second one, the first one never did work properly, the tech was out to our place 7 (yes 7!) times fixing, replacing one part or another. He finally had enough and recommended that Samsung give us a replacement. This whole process took about 3 months and I was getting quite livid about all the runaround I was getting when trying to call customer service. I finally talked to someone who told me not to bother with trying to explain to the first person that answered but to ask for customer continuity or something like that. It's a step above basic customer service, these folks have more power and can authorize more stuff.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Evelyn That's enlightening about customer continuity. Maybe LG has that. I will check. I am applying for reimbursement for spoilage for our 2018 debacle. Can't apply for this episode until the tech is out and confirms that it isn't somehow our fault that the refrigerator is 50 degrees and food is spoiling. I wonder how much they will actually reimburse. Anything is better than nothing.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

stairclimber- 15min, 1063steps, 67floors, 132ahr, 143mhr, = 173c
    Apple Watch- 161c
    core stand machine- 5.37min, 105ahr, 5sets of 10ea, 2 diff types, 117mhr, - 54c
    Apple Watch- 39c
    arm/chinup assist machine- 24.48min, 3sets of 10ea, 11 diff floor exercises, 152mhr, = 239c
    Apple Watch- 206c

total cal 466
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    DFIL ate his dinner no problem and I'm home and in bed.. nice to be back in my own bed..ugh not looking forward to going back to work.but on the flip side I have 3 day weekend next weekend
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I think Penny must be very busy. Heather have you heard from her? I miss her.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I had plenty of energy today for walking dogs and riding my exercise bike but no brain energy for anything that required thinking. I'll be in bed early and after some sleep should be ready to tackle something that makes use of my brain. All the left-overs are gone and tomorrow I'll be back to eating my regular food. Thanks to all the sodium, the scale tells me that I'm a blimp.

:)Heather, your dancing event looked like fun and you looked great.

:)Allie, I know you'll take the spiritual rejuvenation of your weekend with you to work.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA: I have had very basic GE appliances in two homes. They have withstood years of heavy use, even at the hands of tenants. I will buy again whenever the current ones (over 14 years old) give up.

Heather: Love your dance outfit and especially the effort your DH puts forward to engage in this activity with you. Bravo on the longer runs.

<3 Rebecca: Athena Rose <3<3<3

I'm vicariously enjoying all your reports of dancing, walking, running and moving. I am officially a slug, and this Thursday will be the one month anniversary of my injury. The foot in a boot must have been in an awkward position last night because I woke up at 2 AM with the feeling of deep bruise on the bottom of that foot. I keep a headset next my bed, so listened to meditations and radio shows until DH got up around 8:00. A couple of ibuprofen and warm soak in epsom salt took care of the problem. But, I've been at low energy all day.

I got my cane yesterday. Vicki: this is the model that converts to a stool. https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0019VY2LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stay well friends, and if you can, keep on moving! I'll never take exercise for granted again.

Rori
    SMILING from her recliner
    Colorado Foothills
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I am home from Calgary and the shower, had a lovely time and am so grateful I was able to go. I am exhausted right now though, so I have read everything but did not make notes.

Will try to catch up tomorrow.
    Tracey In Edmonton
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Athena Rose is beautiful!! What a little sweetheart.

I had a decent weekend. I realize Chinese carry out is not the best thing for me, but I wanted to indulge my daughter a bit. She has joined the gym with me for the summer. As a ballerina she is quite fit, but they tell her she needs to work on cardio to increase her endurance for longer dances. So here we are...

Connie in KY
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Rori - Yes, I am sooooooooooooo grateful to DH for going dancing with me. It is the activity I love the most, with running a close second. The dancing has a theatrical flavour as well, which satisfies my drama side. I could join a running club, but I actually like the solitary aspect of it. Of course, DH often walks beside me for some of the way at least, but I'm happy to go alone. There are so many other people running along the seafront!
    I am so sorry about your wretched boot. Hope it's not for much longer. You must be counting down the days. :|:#:/ Sending love. <3

Yes, Karen, PENNY where are you? <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Will be a humid day here but I will be walking quite a bit on an excursion with students this a.m. Should be fun! I'm also meeting a friend for dinner who needs my moral support to attend a concert (she's retired from directing this particular orchestra) that has a lot of former students. She doesn't want to distract or steal thunder from the new teacher, but, the kids love her and she deserves to be there and get a round of applause. She says she will only go if I'm by her side :s:p Will have to navigate the greek restaurant she loves before hand though....you know what that mean.....SALT!!!! Careful choices, Karen, careful choices.

Rori wise words about never taking exercise and mobility for granted.

NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the recumbent bike today. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the AM yoga DVD then take the extremepump class. Oh, it feels SO good to get back to my schedule.

While I was driving to DE, I lost my “days logged in”. But I don’t care, to me that’s a bogus number anyway.

Karen in VA – I love my French door refrig. You can’t even fit a pizza box in a side by side. Just recently I got a large ice cream cake, took it to Maria’s (who has a s-b-s) and it didn’t fit in the freezer.

Tracey – I insisted that Denise and Pete go out just the two of them Fri. They did. I insisted mainly so that I’d have more PJ time, but also they deserve time alone and this would be a good introduction for Pete leaving PJ. This would give him a bit of an introduction when he has to leave PJ for days on end. It’s interesting, of course he called while they were out (I wouldn’t expect anything less), but he was asking all sorts of questions “did he poop” he spit up “was it projectile vomiting”, how much did he eat, was it breast milk or formula, when was the last time he ate?

Not having exercised for two weeks, boy did I have a hot flash last night! I was dripping wet. I really believe that my exercising really helps to keep them at bay

Monday: did one segment of a AM yoga DVD then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30 Minutes to Fitness DVD

My grandmother and my father cooked by “until it looks/feels/tastes right” I must say that my father was a really messy cook, but boy did what he made ever taste good!

Went in the pool yesterday. It felt so so good. Exercise, bowling, then ceramics today so probably won’t get any pool time in. But tomorrow is supposed to be sunny

Evelyn – yes, Pete is usually gone for 4 days on the boat then 4 days off.

Heather – glad your brother is OK

Karen in VA – I know you like the LG, have you ever had an LG? We had an LG microwave, broke, got another LG, the time indicator broke but we’re dealing with it. When we needed to have our washer replaced, the repairman who told us he could fix it but it would cost the same as a new model, told us to stay away from LG, that the company’s service was terrible. The other brand he said to stay away from was a Samsung

Welcome everyone new!

Katla – I’m so sorry to hear about your son’s MIL

Barbara – yes, PJ will go to day care with Denise where she works. It should be interesting. Right now she leaves work and she leaves the crying etc. behind. But now it’s not left behind. I don’t know if she fully is aware of this.

Better post this while I can.

Michele happy to be back in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    We had a frost warning last night so covered or brought in plants from the nurseries. Perennials will be okay. We will have a couple of great days and then it gets cool or rains. This weekend it was both.

DS still in hospital. He won't sign release so will don't know much about his progress. The down side to the Hipaa laws.

Painting class today. I am working on a hibicus flower to give to one of our painters who is moving. I will miss her she is very talented and inspires me to take chances.

:heart:
    Margaret