How do people gain weight back?

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add to my post that at family/friends get togethers, I still ate within my calories & bypast many foods, I started to have a little of them. The other thing is I eat out a few times/month due to some friends who I get together with for lunch, before I'd order a salad & bring my own dressing, I started to order other things. It sounds small but many small things add up
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    texasredreb, how horrible, can't imagine what you went through, so sorry you experienced this, I'm so sorry for you others that went through such horrific circumstances too
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Hopefully my ability to lose weight again is as resilient as the rest of me.
    @texasredreb Of course it is. Look at what you've been through and survived, bless your heart. You can do it.

Myself, I've never been obese, but a few pounds here and there make me extremely uncomfortable. I hit my goal weight and have been living with some weight creep for a bit now and it's simply due to the fact that I haven't been willing to weigh and measure my food and restrict myself. Maybe it's time to get back to what I know works for me.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Hopefully my ability to lose weight again is as resilient as the rest of me.
    @texasredreb Of course it is. Look at what you've been through and survived, bless your heart. You can do it.

Myself, I've never been obese, but a few pounds here and there make me extremely uncomfortable. I hit my goal weight and have been living with some weight creep for a bit now and it's simply due to the fact that I haven't been willing to weigh and measure my food and restrict myself. Maybe it's time to get back to what I know works for me.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

What breed is this guy? How heavy is he? (mine's a rescue and she looks a lot like this)

He is a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog!! That's a mouthful, I know. Also known as a Catahoula Cur. The breed is common in the South. Per his DNA testing he is purebred. Per his temperament and physical attributes, he is poorly bred--likely from a backyard breeder. He's about 50lbs, but I keep him a few pounds light due to a hip replacement surgery. He has a lot of mechanical hardware in his hips.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Winter. I'm up north where the days are 7 hours long and nothing much to do most of the time outdoors. 10lb gain every single winter and drop it like a stone come March. I do use the weight to try to gain a few cm on my arms.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost 140lb and maintained that loss for 20months, I can tell you the losing weight was the easy bit, maintaining is so much harder. You don't have the numbers going down to motivate you and it's easy to slip in to old ways.

I work hard at maintaining without going too crazy about restricting what I eat. Basically I am extremely active, and keep an eye on my weight. I have bulk cycles of a couple months where I put on 5-10lb, and then have a few weeks where I take control, log my food (just logging is usually enough) and a few times a year I do an intensive week with my PT where she ups the pressure on me in our sessions and creates a tailored meal plan
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    For me I found this site after gaining around 30lb back. I had initially lost just over 80lb and maintained for 3yr before gaining any back. It happens.

My life changed dramatically in a year. I switched jobs becoming less active and moved in with my now husband who is a chef so I was eating more with him and enjoying his cooking. The two changes combined lead to a pretty fast gain. I was so focused on adapting to my changing life that I didn’t notice my changing body at first. I wear black leggings as pants most days so I didn’t feel clothes getting tighter.

Then one day I had a big work meeting and had to dress differently...none of my meeting clothes fit. I stepped on the scale and was shocked! I thought I had gained 10, maybe 15lb but it was actually much more.

Now I’m in maintenance again. I lost the weight slower this time ( this loss took longer than losing 80lb my first time). I’ve built the majority of my social life around fitness activities to keep active outside of work and I continue logging. I’m hoping to have learned from my past so that I don’t have to start over ever again.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bulking lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    bulking lol

^^same. I gained my weight back on purpose after reaching goal, going for the sixth time now.