Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,640 Member Member Posts: 3,640 Member
    Sweet green peas. It’s been years since I’ve had them but I’ve discovered how delicious they are lately.

that reminds me of how much I love snow peas. had Thai takeout last night and my curry came loaded with snow peas and broccoli and baby corn. :)
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,640 Member Member Posts: 3,640 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Homemade banana bread. Warm out of the oven with butter!

the best!
    Homemade banana bread. Warm out of the oven with butter!

I think the funniest thing is people in the keto community making "keto" banana bread WITHOUT bananas and using banana extract! The logic???
  • kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Member Posts: 5,620 Member Member Posts: 5,620 Member
    Yeah, that's different :|
    Yeah, that's different :|

at least they're using butter... haha
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,192 Member Member Posts: 9,192 Member
    *kitten* poisonous carbs. Horrible thing that fruit.
  • Change_is_Good_Change_is_Good_ Member Posts: 275 Member Member Posts: 275 Member
    Seafood sticks and Greek yoghurt, not together obviously :D
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,589 Member Member Posts: 3,589 Member
    Snap peas, my town's farmer's market is making boxes that can be picked up once a week and the last two have had the best snap peas I've ever had, super fat and sweet.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 610 Member Member Posts: 610 Member
    Silken Tofu!
  • hexxennachthexxennacht Member, Premium Posts: 23 Member Member, Premium Posts: 23 Member
    CHOBANI FLIPS and Fiber One bars in the coffee cake flavor.

Chobani flips are always the perfect snack or dessert for me. They’re decadent without being crazy high in calories, very filling and give a nice bit of protein. Very easy to avoid temptation when I have a Cookies and Cream Chobani Flip in the fridge.

Usually I don’t love Fiber One bars but I got some because I really need to increase the fiber in my diet (when you eat way less calories it can cause constipation lol) and I needed an easy dessert. Usually I find Fiber One bars to be really grainy and just...diet-y tasting, but the coffee cake flavor blew my mind. It was just so delicious. I ate it with a fork because it’s tiny and I wanted to make it last, and it felt like a real cake. It’s only 70 damn calories so a very worthy dessert especially, again like the Flips, with the nutrition you get out of it. I had a few fresh blackberries on the side and was incredibly satisfied with that as my dessert.

I also really like these little My/Mo mochi ice cream balls. They’re 100 cals for a ball of ice cream (I got mango) wrapped in sweet mochi dough, which I love. Easy, satisfying dessert.

ALSO (lol how long is this) I get these turkey sausage sticks that are 80 cals for 2! Lots of protein and a very low calorie, satisfying snack. I forgot the brand name but I think they’re the only turkey sausage snack sticks around so yeah.
    CHOBANI FLIPS and Fiber One bars in the coffee cake flavor.

Chobani flips are always the perfect snack or dessert for me. They’re decadent without being crazy high in calories, very filling and give a nice bit of protein. Very easy to avoid temptation when I have a Cookies and Cream Chobani Flip in the fridge.

Usually I don’t love Fiber One bars but I got some because I really need to increase the fiber in my diet (when you eat way less calories it can cause constipation lol) and I needed an easy dessert. Usually I find Fiber One bars to be really grainy and just...diet-y tasting, but the coffee cake flavor blew my mind. It was just so delicious. I ate it with a fork because it’s tiny and I wanted to make it last, and it felt like a real cake. It’s only 70 damn calories so a very worthy dessert especially, again like the Flips, with the nutrition you get out of it. I had a few fresh blackberries on the side and was incredibly satisfied with that as my dessert.

I also really like these little My/Mo mochi ice cream balls. They’re 100 cals for a ball of ice cream (I got mango) wrapped in sweet mochi dough, which I love. Easy, satisfying dessert.

ALSO (lol how long is this) I get these turkey sausage sticks that are 80 cals for 2! Lots of protein and a very low calorie, satisfying snack. I forgot the brand name but I think they’re the only turkey sausage snack sticks around so yeah.

this reminds me of how much I love the Fiber One oats and chocolate flavor...
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,412 Member Member Posts: 4,412 Member
    45q1unh7w2uc.jpg

I used to love these but they didn't love me back.

No fiber one product ever did. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,210 Member Member Posts: 5,210 Member
    Broccoli slaw! I forgot how good it was. I lovee to roast it or steam it and top it with low calorie salad dressing.

Or tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, nosalt salt, truvia.

Or hot sauce, garlic powder, nosalt salt, truvia, onion powder and light blue cheese dressing.

Or ketchup

Or salsa and tons of spices

Or walden farms asian dressing

Or SF BBQ sauce

So many options
  • quietriverquietriver Member Posts: 38 Member Member Posts: 38 Member
    Pita chips and hummus or with pretzel crisps/nibblers roasted pepper hummus is a gift from the gods I swear.

Mashed potatoes with gravy

Baked potatoes

Strawberries they last maybe two days here, had to start buy them frozen to have more.

Coffee and trying to get the blasted whipped coffee recipie to work. Starting to think people are lying and it's a hoax. @#$! (Or I'm being stupid.)
    edited April 28
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,192 Member Member Posts: 9,192 Member
    Broccoli slaw! I forgot how good it was. I lovee to roast it or steam it and top it with low calorie salad dressing.

Or hot sauce, garlic powder, nosalt salt, truvia, onion powder and light blue cheese dressing.

Or ketchup

Or SF BBQ sauce

So many options

After few tried I am very wary about trying another one WF dressing. Is this actually good, like their syrups? Use it in a salad or as a dip?
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Or ketchup

Or SF BBQ sauce

So many options

After few tried I am very wary about trying another one WF dressing. Is this actually good, like their syrups? Use it in a salad or as a dip?

Personally I think the asian dressing is AWFUL.
  • paulawriteslovepaulawriteslove Member, Premium Posts: 201 Member Member, Premium Posts: 201 Member
    Lately my lentil soup recipe! It's been so comforting during these weird times.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,210 Member Member Posts: 5,210 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Or ketchup

Or SF BBQ sauce

So many options

The only ones I like are the balsamic, honey dijon, and the asian. I don't like the asian as salad dressing, but I like it to add to broccoli/peas/veggies/tofu rice/cauliflower rice/etc like a sauce. I think it is pretty good. It has a nice sweet flavor to it with a hint of citrus. It reminds me of the sauce they have on the classic "chicken and broccoli" Chinese takeout dish.