What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Well I agree with what you are posting. Personally I love tofu, tempeh and edamame. I generally do not eat meat substitutes, but when I do or if I did I do go for plant protein from pea, rice protein, etc. I stay far away from gluten for sure.
    Do what works for YOU. What one person considers healthy is often different than another person. Avid meat eaters will usually think meat is healthy while most vegetarians would not

Tempeh looks tricky to source around these parts, but tofu seems in abundance.

I've never cooked with tofu, but I understand it's more of a flavour carrier than something with a strong taste in its own right? I'm thinking maybe if I fry the extra firm kind and add soy sauce, garlic, honey and sesame seeds, that might taste alright? What's your favourite way of cooking with tofu?

I'm from a family of die-hard carnivores, so I've tried every new veggie thing with trepidation... The instinctive reaction from my childhood is 'that must taste terrible, it's not meat', but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. :)

There are dozens of recipies on line, vegan cookbooks and plant based groups.
    Scrambled tofu is a favorite to many. Curried tofu,
    blackened baked and marinated. Your idea sounds good
    I'm very strange in that I like mine in a bowl with just cocoa powder or cinnamon and stevia and or sugar free Skinny Syrup.
    Hdmp is another great options. I just hot sunflower protdin too

OMG another sweet tofu eater! I dip mine in zero calorie syrup. It's like a dessert! Or French toast I guess. Yum!

Oh no, I didn't read this the first time, I bet sweet tofu would be awesome! In maple syrup with cinnamon! I'm definitely buying more tomorrow! And baked apples!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    *NEW* Natural Zing brand Raw Sunflower Seed protein. Wow! I made it with Vanilla almond milk, Truvia and water. I add glucomannan powder to thicken ( I use it in all my protein and green drinks for density and fiber) heated up. Its heavenly
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Well I agree with what you are posting. Personally I love tofu, tempeh and edamame. I generally do not eat meat substitutes, but when I do or if I did I do go for plant protein from pea, rice protein, etc. I stay far away from gluten for sure.
    Do what works for YOU. What one person considers healthy is often different than another person. Avid meat eaters will usually think meat is healthy while most vegetarians would not

I've never cooked with tofu, but I understand it's more of a flavour carrier than something with a strong taste in its own right? I'm thinking maybe if I fry the extra firm kind and add soy sauce, garlic, honey and sesame seeds, that might taste alright? What's your favourite way of cooking with tofu?

I'm from a family of die-hard carnivores, so I've tried every new veggie thing with trepidation... The instinctive reaction from my childhood is 'that must taste terrible, it's not meat', but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. :)

I'm very strange in that I like mine in a bowl with just cocoa powder or cinnamon and stevia and or sugar free Skinny Syrup.

OMG another sweet tofu eater! I dip mine in zero calorie syrup. It's like a dessert! Or French toast I guess. Yum!

Yay! I do sugar free chocolate too. I want to make a vegan tofu cheesecake
    glassyo wrote: »

Do you cook or bake it first? I'm not vegan but I need to add more soft foods to my diet. I also don't cook and dipping in syrup sounds easy! 😀

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10594981/simple-vegan-pudding-easy-4-ingredients-and-low-calories#latest

Your optimism that I can operate a blender without any kind of mishap is so so so soooooooooo adorable. :)
  • VegjoyP
    Sunflower seed butter
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    mie goreng fried noodles
  • VegjoyP
    72ds32asmzcp.gif
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    72ds32asmzcp.gif

you're gonna hate me but I dislike sunflower seeds lol
  • VegjoyP
    72ds32asmzcp.gif

you're gonna hate me but I dislike sunflower seeds lol

Thats sad but more for MEEE! 😋😉
  • pancakerunner
    ffldsgq0e5va.png

whipped honey butter!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    ffldsgq0e5va.png

whipped honey butter!

On Marie Calendar's corn bread.
  • pancakerunner
    ffldsgq0e5va.png

whipped honey butter!

I use it on homemade graham crackers
  • VegjoyP
    ffldsgq0e5va.png

whipped honey butter!

I use it on homemade graham crackers

You are seriously bringing back memories! Yes yum.
  • ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    Figs. I have quite the variety growing in my yard.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Figs. I have quite the variety growing in my yard.

om...that would be so epic...where I'm at, there's absolutely no 'fig growing' going on around here😥
  • pancakerunner
    Olives, Goat Cheese, & Flaxseed Crackers

yes to all of these!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    bjutxltsvka5.jpg
    mbwhouo6ks2o.jpg
    zka4uj7lmi4z.jpg

Loving this Asian fungus in soups. I even like to chop it up for salads too. It's the 'stuff' that you might find in a typical Asian hot pot/soup.
  • VegjoyP
    edited July 2020
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    bjutxltsvka5.jpg
    mbwhouo6ks2o.jpg
    zka4uj7lmi4z.jpg

Loving this Asian fungus in soups. I even like to chop it up for salads too. It's the 'stuff' that you might find in a typical Asian hot pot/soup.

Wow, I always wondered what it was like
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Freshly picked blackberries. Went berry picking this past weekend and have been enjoying these huge, sweet blackberries since Friday. yum
  • pancakerunner
    busyPK wrote: »
    Freshly picked blackberries. Went berry picking this past weekend and have been enjoying these huge, sweet blackberries since Friday. yum

yum! Love big, plump ones. And raspberries and blueberries
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Cornflakes. It’s the weirdest thing. I’m in my mid 40s and I’ve never particularly liked cornflakes. Then at the start of 2020 (just another odd thing for this year) I had cornflakes in a hotel and since then I’m obsessed and have 30g as a dessert nearly every day.