What do you consider your "maintenance" weight?

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    I bounce around between 136 and 138.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    115 to 120. If i get to 125 I start to watch my intake better.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    I'd say 5lbs in either direction. My goal is 135 so 130-140 would be fine by me.

Same here, same range, too. But how I feel and how clothes fit is more important. I've gone as high as 145 thanks to medication/hormones, and wasn't happy with how I looked and felt, so I'm working on shedding a few again. Below 130, I start to look a little too thin, especially in the face.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    130 was my original goal, and like others I'm okay +/- 2 lbs. I'm at my original goal, but now I've decided I'd like to be just a wee bit smaller (1-2% BF less), so my new goal is 125. But that will be the min. So using the same logic my goal is 127 +/- 2 lbs.

Stats (because otherwise it doesn't mean a whole lot, imo): 5'5.5" female, 37, 20% BF.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Plus/ minus 5 lbs :smile:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    + / - three pounds
    Today, I'm a half pound under goal
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    I give myself a leeway of 3 lbs either way. I find that 3 lbs isn't too overwhelming to take off/put on, nor does it really show when I gain it/lose it. My ideal weight is 160 so I weigh myself once a week and if I'm 1-2 lbs over or under, I just keep doing what I'm doing (a lot of that is water weight anyway, I sometimes weigh myself two days in a row and it will fluctuate). If I'm 3 lbs over I up my exercise and cut out the occasional treats and if I'm under I increase the healthy fats I'm eating and maybe throw an extra piece of bread in there or have some whole wheat pasta for supper.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    I am 102 and that is a good weight for my height and body frame. I only give myself 2 lbs +/- ; but I feel and look better with less than with more.

I am happy that my weight doesn't fluctuate much, even on vacation, so I was able to stay and keep my maintenance for 2 and half years.
  • Right now, my goal is 200 (I am 6'6" so might seem high for some of you). I am doing P90X right now, so I may end up lower or higher than that, My ideal weight will change based on how I feel and how I look. Some of the guys I play basketball with expect me to end up around 225, so its more about the healthy body than the number. Once I find where I want to be, then I will probably try to stay withing 5 lbs, but only change my diet if I am outside of that range multiple times since my weight can change more than 5 lbs in a day (its happened).
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    I would say 188lbs, 12% body fat, "10"
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Do you try to maintain your weight at one specific number?
    Do you give yourself a little leeway taking into account different variables that can affect weight?
    And if so, how much? A pound? Two? Five? More?

Depends on your normal fluctuations. I usually only fluctuate by about 2-3 pounds. (104-109 would be maintenance for me, right now) So, anything outside of that, I might look into my diet/activity to see if it's just out of the norm fluctuations, or an actual weight gain/loss.
  • Between 130-135 is my maintenance weight. Fluctuation is normal depending on water retention and a few other things. If I go over the 5 pounds then I knuckle down.
  • 130 is a weight I can maintain effortlessly, if I want to get any lower than that it takes some effort. I'm more concerned with maintenance bf % than a number on the scale. I fluctuate +/- 5 lbs, but as long as my body fat percent stays near 24% I'm happy :)
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    125-128 is my goal. keeps me at a normal BMI
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Weight shouldn't be the number you're looking for, it's actual body composition that matters.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I'd give myself a 3-5lb window because that seems to be the normal range of fluctuation for me.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    136 @ 5'7". I let myself go +/- 2lb. As weighed first thing in the morning.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Weight shouldn't be the number you're looking for, it's actual body composition that matters.

At 5' 7.5" and 118# would my body composition be "wrong"?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Right now, my goal is 200 (I am 6'6" so might seem high for some of you). I am doing P90X right now, so I may end up lower or higher than that, My ideal weight will change based on how I feel and how I look. Some of the guys I play basketball with expect me to end up around 225, so its more about the healthy body than the number. Once I find where I want to be, then I will probably try to stay withing 5 lbs, but only change my diet if I am outside of that range multiple times since my weight can change more than 5 lbs in a day (its happened).

My hubby is 6'5" and I think he looks pretty good at 250, but I know it's different for everyone :smile:
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    125 was my goal weight ( Height is 5'4). Anywhere from 120-130 is acceptable so long as I maintain the look I'm going for. Too much under 125 and I look too skinny for my taste. Too much over and flab returns. Right now I'm 123-124 and pretty happy. I just want to continue to sculpt my body, gain strength and endurance, and maintain cardiovascular health.