What do you consider your "maintenance" weight?

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is +5 lbs.

So with a goal of 120, 125 would be my max I'd accept.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My original personal weight goal was to get to 135 once I got there I decided 130 was my goal. I have gotten as low as 124 but since eating back some of my burned exercise cals and uping my cals a day to 1490 I float around 129-132. As long as I don't go over 135 I will be happy. I go up/down 2 pounds some days. I am 5'4" in height. I started at 270 pounds.
  • Where_Have_You_Been37
    Options
    If I'm lazy and don't do anything, I'm always 140. My goal is to try and get to and maintain m weight at 130-135. Which should be fine because I'm 5'7
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    +/- 4 is where I'd like to keep it. Sometimes it swings a little higher :o
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't even use a scale any more. When I'm "maintaining", I go by how my pants fit. If they're fitting a bit more tightly, I start to say "Whoops, maybe I should cut back on a few things.", and then add some more cardio. I usually sit between 145-150 at any given time, though I rarely weight myself unless I'm curious.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump! Mine is 8 pounds in either direction!
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't use numbers to measure. I weigh myself every so often, but don't use that as my method because it messes with my mind. I have maintained 145 for six months now and do so by what I see in the mirror and how my jeans are fitting me.
  • IamDIVAlicious
    Options
    135 is my goal, so I like to stay between 133 and 138 (138 is actually my favorite on me), but I like the leeway and the freedom that the lower weight gives me.
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with 5 pounds but not each way, my middle is 137 and I do not want to go over 140 and less than 135. I weigh myself every morning....it helps me a lot...
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    At the moment I fluctuate between 62-64kg (137-141) but I'm trying (more aiming than actively trying, I admit) to get down to a range of 58-60kg (128-132).

My weight goes all over the place in the course of a day, and throughout my cycle. Right now I'm about an inch larger than I want due to laziness.
  • Dferrynhc
    Dferrynhc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I stay within 5 pounds either way. I also gauge myself by how my clothes fit and how I feel.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Do you try to maintain your weight at one specific number?
    Do you give yourself a little leeway taking into account different variables that can affect weight?
    And if so, how much? A pound? Two? Five? More?

I agree 5 lbs either way...guess that would be a 10 lb variance. There's no way one person can stay at one exact weight at all times...you'd drive yourself insane!!!

Women have to be extra forgiving b/c I know water weight creeps up on us...a good 2-5 lbs...every month!! It does go away when TOM leaves! No worries!!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I always try to stay between 3-4 pounds +/-
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My plan is to maintain when I've had my baby, as I'll almost certainly be a fairly healthy weight and I want baby to be the priority, and my sanity, not my weight. I expect to set my top weight as what I weigh a week after the birth, but resist weighing more than once a month.

This approach may or may not work... We'll see!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Weight shouldn't be the number you're looking for, it's actual body composition that matters.

I look at both and assume others do, too.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I went down to 171 pounds but have setted at +4 pounds. I have seen +14 pounds recently but it starts to go back down around a pound a day. I would like to see 168 pounds though as that is a round 12 stone in weight.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    For me, two pounds up is a fluctuation, three or more is a gain. At 5'1", five pounds on me is a full dress size, so I have to be very careful. I'll let you know if I ever have the problem of being so far under that it bothers me :noway:

:laugh:
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Here is another question related to this topic: How do you feel when you see people around your same age, gender and height that have significantly different goals? At 5'2, I say my goal weight is 115lbs, but I see people like me whose goals are as low as 101 and as high as 125.

I know people all all different and we are only trying to reach our ideal, but do you ever question whether your maintenance weight is too low or too high when you see that.?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Here is another question related to this topic: How do you feel when you see people around your same age, gender and height that have significantly different goals? At 5'2, I say my goal weight is 115lbs, but I see people like me whose goals are as low as 101 and as high as 125.

I know people all all different and we are only trying to reach our ideal, but do you ever question whether your maintenance weight is too low or too high when you see that.?

I'm 46, 5' 7.5" and 116# this morning.
    I know that is WAY below what most women my height have as their goal weights.
    But I remind myself that many women on mfp weigh a lot more than I ever did.
    I'm not trying to sound proud or put anyone down. It just is what it is.
    For a 5'7" woman who is maybe 250-300# to say her goal weight is 160 or 170, that is a substantial loss and great success.

Initially I am tempted to compare.
    But I know that I have a very small frame and am not comfortable at a higher weight.
    I'm healthy, fit and well nourished, so it's all good.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

No I don't worry about that because it all depends in the shape and frame of the body.

I am small, some people call me petite because I have to buy mostly petite clothing. But I am a 32 DD, 24.5 waist and 33 inches around my hips. That doesn't seem too petite to me. I am short and curvy and when I gain weight it goes all in my hips and legs. I don't feel good and I don't look good. And that is all that matters to me.

And by the way, what is our "ideal shape or weight? We women change our mind all the time......:grumble: