What is your workplace pet peeve?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    @kds10 very miserable. I often just shake my head, and walk away, and try to remind myself that the only reason she latches on and criticizes me is because she is very unhappy in her own life. But it is so annoying.
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2019
    How about showing up to work after three days off and all your co-workers are either sick, not motivated or mopey. Come on people, you just were given three days off bring your A game. I worked, by choice, all day Saturday and for a bit Monday and I'm here bringing it.

edit: Although I am posting on MFP!
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    @samtarlyonadiet battle mode engaged

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come
  • sammidelvecchio
    @floofyschmoofer You know, every time I turn my ballot in to my boss he just looks really confused and throws it away. I'm going to keep trying though.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    i just came in to complain about my nosy never minds his own business co-worker...

**reads @sammidelvecchio's comment**

nevermind, i have nothing to complain about. yeesh.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    @floofyschmoofer You know, every time I turn my ballot in to my boss he just looks really confused and throws it away. I'm going to keep trying though.

You have to take a tiki torch in there with you and put it out in front of him.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    My boss regularly clips his nails at his desk. It's disgusting.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    My boss regularly clips his nails at his desk. It's disgusting.

I hug-reacted that, 'cause I don't really know what to say... so I'm just gonna hug you and shake my head.

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    There's some office mates that constantly shoot rubberbands over the cubicles at each other. And someone always gets annoyed because of their immature game playing and keeps all the rubberbands shot into her cubicle.
    It's me, I'm someone.
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Re @corinasue1143 - it still blows my mind when I hear that people eat other people's food from work fridges. Its so bold.

It's been a problem in almost every office I've ever worked in. It's unbelievable what people will stoop to. The worst was a smallish company I worked for about 20 years ago. We had important clients coming in for a meeting later in the day and the Vice President's secretary had gone out to a rather fancy local deli and picked up an array of sandwiches and sides to be served to them. She stored them in the refrigerator in the employee kitchen, the only place there was to put them. To everyone's astonishment, someone managed to walk out with all of it before the clients even got there. I don't know how they got them out the door without anyone seeing but I wasn't even surprised, considering we had employees who would bring empty Tupperware containers to office potlucks and pack them with food "to take home to my kids" before everyone had even been served.
  • sammidelvecchio
    edited May 2019
    @ultra_violets wooooow. I now feel very lucky I have never had to worry about this up to now!

*cuz I would have very little patience for someone stealing my food
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Chronic lateness.
    No shows.
    People who try and monopolize my time.
    Conference calls.
    Travelling.

The lateness is what sets me off though. Now my whole day will be behind.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Nosey people! I am NOT here to be your friend & my life is NONE of your business!!!
    giphy.gif
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    People who act like EVERYTHING is an emergency
    Unrealistic expectations and deadlines
    When the supervisor wants us to "work as a team" but continually has individual meetings with people and tells them all different things, so then we are all confused and have to keep clarifying what he wants