What is your workplace pet peeve?

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited June 2019
    People constantly breaking machines, not attempting to fix, not even having the decency to tell anyone else or ask for help & just leaving for myself to discover & fix. Ok, I'm fine with fixing things (I'm the honorary computer/technology guy where I work); just communicate things better...takes twice as long solving all these "mysteries" of the abandoned broken printer, etc. because I have to spend additional time investigating what happened in the first place in order to fix something (root cause analysis).

Magic gnomes at work when said employees return the next day & stuff is suddenly functional
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    My boss trying to talk to me about a client while I'm on the phone with said client. If you want to talk to the client I will transfer them to you, otherwise STFU and go back to your office.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    New one: People who talk loudly (especially about non-work related things that could wait a minute or 2) when I'm on the phone with a patient, in clear sight, within 5 feet of them.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    work.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Nail clipping

When the heat is set above 70 degrees

Stop and chats

• valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    People chomping on ice next to me!
  • stephanieturner0122
    stephanieturner0122 Posts: 18 Member
    Whistlers.
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Sexist coworkers who think I am incapable of physical work without their assistance. I've been doing the job for four years. If I need help, I'll ask.

The inability of people to refill a soap dispenser.

The coworker who insists on trying to have a conversation while I'm trying to enter invoices and reconcile purchase orders. I love having to backtrack through several pages of numbers to figure out why they aren't balanced.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    there's a dude that i work with that goes to starbucks every morning and gets a giant cup of ice. just ice. then he slurps on it all morning as it melts. drives me f'in NUTS
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Folks who are afraid to make mistakes.

We had better make mistakes and lots of them.... just be careful not to repeat them.

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Sexist coworkers who think I am incapable of physical work without their assistance. I've been doing the job for four years. If I need help, I'll ask.

The inability of people to refill a soap dispenser.

The coworker who insists on trying to have a conversation while I'm trying to enter invoices and reconcile purchase orders. I love having to backtrack through several pages of numbers to figure out why they aren't balanced.

Funnily enough when I didn't use to offer to help some of the ladies with physical work or offer them my seat, I often got accused of being rude. Think it depends on the person-some people say they want equality of the sexes but in reality they just want equal pay, some want equality when it suits them and some actually are after equality.

I have at times second guessed my self; if I offer my seat on a train to a lady aren't i showing her special consideration just because of her sex (assuming she doeant have a disability or isn't less able to stand? I mean I don't offer my seat to men unless one of those two conditions applies.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    thanos5 wrote: »
    there's a dude that i work with that goes to starbucks every morning and gets a giant cup of ice. just ice. then he slurps on it all morning as it melts. drives me f'in NUTS
    Whaaat?! Why doesn’t he just make ice in his freezer??
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    two examples from my last job:
    Guy who did 1/3 the work everyone else did because he was always watching videos on his phone,

Another guy who wasn't smart enough to do the work, who had little techniques to scam others into doing it for him. Gets away with it because he kisses upper management's butt. Chronic lying issues.
  • perezlau
    perezlau Posts: 35 Member
    Having to call people when they dont show up.
    Having something re-done.
    Waiting... ..... .
    Mantrums
    Micro managing others
    Never being able to fully trust a job

Lol it's sadly and most definitely made me not like and trust people in general
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    People that are chronically late to every meeting, keeping everyone waiting & wasting time! These also tend to be the same people that have questions or more info to offer at close of meeting....ummmm...you already wasted my time, enjoy the sound of your own voice elsewhere!