Do you have any binge trigger foods?

Options
For me I have caught on I can’t have chocolate or french fries. I simply can not moderate these foods, for me they trigger a binge usually consisting of 2-3 days eating all in sight. I’ve caught on that if I simply avoid these foods I can stick to my diet fine.

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, especially the kettle style. I’ve found it’s the one thing I can’t moderate.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I have foods that in the past I have had a tough time moderating and may eat all of whatever I have purchased but nothing that triggers me to binge in the way you describe.

2-3 days of eating everything in sight for me generally requires that I have been too strict with myself for several weeks and I just hit a breaking point. Even then I have some control I just don't exercise much of it.
  • lattafay
    lattafay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine would be granola, I could eat a full box easily!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Gummy candy like worms, fuzzy peaches or licorice. Any kind of cakey food: donuts, muffins, soft cookies, actual cake. Doritos and popcorn.

I seem to have the chocolate thing under control now at least.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    For me it’s chips. I don’t keep them in the house, but will occasionally have a single serve bag as a planned treat.
  • peachvine29
    peachvine29 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Any sweets! Reeses and oreos are my downfall. Pizza is pretty hard too.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I used to. I used to think cheese and pasta, especially together, was a trigger, but I've been able to get a handle on it. Including it in my diet prior to cravings really helped me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Chips and pizza. The only way chips can come into my house, is in a single bag size. Any thing larger and watch out.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Popcorn (love Skinny Pop) and gummy bears.
  • davepollack
    davepollack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chips and Salsa / Guacamole.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    Chips with dip and chocolate. I'm not big on eating chips, but love the combo with onion dip or tortilla chips and ranch! Chocolate will always be a weakness, aside of light ice cream I avoid it.
  • msbridgetteanne
    msbridgetteanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything that triggers me on a regular day, but on a 'free day'--like a celebratory event--kettle chips, snack candies you can grab a handful of (like M&Ms), summer sausage with cheese and crackers... basically any snack foods that are out and about, lol. I don't binge for days, but I will binge for that whole day. You'd think I'd been starving myself up to that point.

It's silly. On any other day, I can eat all of those things in moderation with no problem! But I guess it's a mental thing, where I tell myself, "Well, it's a birthday; I'm not counting today. May as well eat all the things!" And then I just can't control myself, no matter how much my stomach regrets it later.