Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    OH and I hate when people pronounce the word “wash” as “warsh.”
    I’m gonna go warsh my clothes. 😬🤦🏽‍♀️

everyone knows that it's properly pronounced "Worsh"
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    All genitalia and curse words are fine with me, used in context. About the only words I really don't care for are pop culture catchphrases
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    All genitalia and curse words are fine with me, used in context. About the only words I really don't care for are pop culture catchphrases

Word.
  • Pandemonium_
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Word.

Flagged
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

For me the genitalia slang just makes normal human body parts sound so filthy and gross. Just call them by their anatomy words.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

Like no one ever calls a foot, a shoe holder or a sock display or make up a filthy word for it, you call it a foot.
  • Pandemonium_
    edited August 2019
    Options

For me the genitalia slang just makes normal human body parts sound so filthy and gross. Just call them by their anatomy words.

Doesn't that feel clinical and sterile? In the right context yes. But Saying V and P ...I need more choice in words
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Magic Johnson would be very disappointed with this post.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

Doesn't that feel clinical and sterile? In the right context yes. But Saying V and P ...I need more choices of words

I just feel like they have their anatomy names and that’s what they should be called. There’s a lot more words for them then just your example. It’s just like even saying the slang words makes me feel filthy lol. Like why make it sound so vulgar lol
  • Pandemonium_
    Options

Doesn't that feel clinical and sterile? In the right context yes. But Saying V and P ...I need more choices of words

I just feel like they have their anatomy names and that’s what they should be called. There’s a lot more words for them then just your example. It’s just like even saying the slang words makes me feel filthy lol. Like why make it sound so vulgar lol

That's the fun part. Down with the man!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

That's the fun part. Down with the man!

I guess it is for some lol but for me it makes me feel grossed out when someone uses the vulgar words like it’s not normal to have them lol.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of hate for the words boo and bae.

I love them though. Any boo of mine better get used to being my bae, boo, and other things.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Adding the letter “r” to the word “wash”.
    Really “warsh” - why??? lol
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    missjck2 wrote: »
    Adding the letter “r” to the word “wash”.
    Really “warsh” - why??? lol

That’s what I’m saying!! Like why?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I hate the way a lot of Americans say "xxx is really addicting."
    Addictive! It's really addictive!!

Fur baby.
    No, the animal is an adult.

Pacific is an ocean. Why is it so hard to say specific?

Scone rhymes with gone, not cone.

Amen.

I have no problem with the word voila but I want to stab someone every time I see it written "wallah". Good job trying to sound sophisticated by using a French word but spelling it (sort of) phonetically.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Fur baby.

Amen.

I have no problem with the word voila but I want to stab someone every time I see it written "wallah". Good job trying to sound sophisticated by using a French word but spelling it (sort of) phonetically.

I hate the words “fur baby”
    Absolutely infuriating.
    That animal has a natural wildness to them, don’t dress them up in sweaters and stuff.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    indecies :|

Like the plural of index? That IS a weird word.

ETA: my bad (see what I did there?). I’m thinking of indices.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Fur baby.

Amen.

I hate the words “fur baby”
    Absolutely infuriating.
    That animal has a natural wildness to them, don’t dress them up in sweaters and stuff.

You obviously haven't spent any time with our "Yummy, Yummy, Cuddles Baby."
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    indecies :|

Like the plural of index? That IS a weird word.

ETA: my bad (see what I did there?). I’m thinking of indices.

The weathermen here used to say,
    heat index and used to spend more time talking about the actual outside tempurature.
    Now all they talk about is the heat indicies.
    Indicies, indicies, indicies, over and over.
    It’s like they found a new word and just can’t get enough! Lol
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I never liked the word "flake" if someone is using it to describe someone. I find It rude in an irritating petty way.

Besides, the only flakes I know of are made of corn or snow.