JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 80

Options

Replies

• MarisaMSimon
    MarisaMSimon Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1Di5 wrote: »
    @MarisaMSimon - " ... I read online to run slow! I’ve been running too fast that I can’t seem to run long enough ..."

You can try a run/walk variation to slowly build up to a longer distance. I've always needed to run/walk since anything over a mile is challenging for me. Before my surgery this year - being older and over weight I was able to run/walk 1 mile in 8:20. I've never been able to teach myself to run slower to go further. I'm an old ex-sprinter and my mind and body prefer short, quick paces. So try a run/walk variation and see if you can keep your speed and increase your distance. Happy Running!!

@1Di5 Thank you!! And yeah I used to run a fast mile, but I cannot do it anymore. I can't even do a 15 minute mile with running/walking and I'm SO out of breath. I want to be able to run further and then pick up the pace once my body gets used to running longer distances. My 5K plan has me upping my running to 12 minutes and I've tried the intervals for too long already without success I wanted to switch things up. I'll see how it goes with all the research I have done so far! Supposedly, you're supposed to be able to have a conversation with someone...I can't even drink water with how out of breath I am :neutral: