The Nerd & Geek Thread

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    07zhi3xmtxx4.jpg

I just made my way through the IT Crowd and this has become my new "how am *I* supposed to know why your computer isn't working" response.
  • Bopper88
    Bopper88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    07zhi3xmtxx4.jpg

I just made my way through the IT Crowd and this has become my new "how am *I* supposed to know why your computer isn't working" response.

I work in customer service for an internet provider and this is my day at work when people complain it’s not working.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Bopper88 wrote: »
    07zhi3xmtxx4.jpg

I work in customer service for an internet provider and this is my day at work when people complain it’s not working.

Do you actually answer the phone as 'hello IT, have you tried turning off an on again?'
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    07zhi3xmtxx4.jpg

Do you actually answer the phone as 'hello IT, have you tried turning off an on again?'

In a hot, irish accent?
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    07zhi3xmtxx4.jpg

I had a support ticket camein at work:

"Last year, I was in a different building, and printed to XYZ printer. I have since moved to New building, and it doesn't work. I need it to work, sooner than yesterday."

This was my "chuckles and shakes head" ticket because can't make this *kitten* up. 😂
  • b00kishbae
    b00kishbae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know it's not New Comic Book Day yet but I chronically have this issue.

zstg7xm67cl3.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    rzyn2b679c0h.jpg
  • potokat
    potokat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone else petrified about this? https://io9.gizmodo.com/brian-k-vaughan-s-time-traveling-adventure-paper-girls-1836296576 Comic book adaptations are so hit or miss. For example, Preacher is one of my absolute favorite graphic novels, and while I love the way the actors are portraying the characters in the show, the storyline is just...meh. Thoughts?
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    aWqrn6d_700b.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    potokat wrote: »
    Anyone else petrified about this? https://io9.gizmodo.com/brian-k-vaughan-s-time-traveling-adventure-paper-girls-1836296576 Comic book adaptations are so hit or miss. For example, Preacher is one of my absolute favorite graphic novels, and while I love the way the actors are portraying the characters in the show, the storyline is just...meh. Thoughts?

I have no idea. The idea sound interesting at least, mostly because I've not seen time travel done like that yet. As always, it would be great if it actually works.
  • cee134
    Options
    qsgqt1ybgk5j.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    693i3ficve1t.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    iimxwjql4t2l.jpg