I'm craving a whopper talk me out of it.

Options

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Don't be silly! If you really, really have to have it - just have it then! Look at tomorrow's meal plan, make an adjustment or two and voila. On the other hand - for the value of that piece of crap you could also buy yourself some decent business stock and see it grow...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    PinUp is right, you could also save your chicken for tomorrow and eat the slices of pizza instead with asparagus and bell peppers. Sounds like a great lunch to me. Going with the flow, no FML needed.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    SeanD2407 wrote: »
    FML.... work is bringing in pizza today for a mandatory meeting. I brought chicken, asparagus and roasted bell peppers thinking id get a nice under 330 lunch in but now I'll have no choice to add a square of pizza or two probably at no less than 180 a slice for those thin cut squares right?

Ha! I can never pass on free workplace provided pizza as well. And they usually order from good pizza joints!
  • SeanD2407
    SeanD2407 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    FML.... work is bringing in pizza today for a mandatory meeting. I brought chicken, asparagus and roasted bell peppers thinking id get a nice under 330 lunch in but now I'll have no choice to add a square of pizza or two probably at no less than 180 a slice for those thin cut squares right?

Why would you have no choice? Just say "Thank you, but I'll eat the lunch I already brought. More for the rest of you!"

I've sat at the conference table at work and ate (and enjoyed) a salad whole everyone else has pizza before. Other days I eat the pizza. Depends on my goals and mood for the day.

I can't say no to free pizza. I'm not going to feast just have an additional slice or too.
    I'm already the thinest guy in the meeting. People will be like wtf when they find out im still cutting weight lol
    Though this is why the last 10lbs have been impossible very little room for error
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Now it's turning into a condiment conversation, so all is good.

Honestly, the SAD condiment vocabulary is discouraging (though I do have a soft spot in my heart for those hottest (is it "Diablo"? I forget) packets at Taco Bell with the snarky subtitles).

I lummesome ketchup, various mustard, salsa and pico de gallo . . . but tsatziki, gochujang chile sauce, peanut sauces, tahini, and more: So many condiments, such a short gustatory life!

Most BBQ log at 70 cals for 2 tablespoons.. seems less when weighed in grams.

I use yogurt dressings or salsas for low cal options.

That's because two tablespoons is *a lot* of BBQ sauce. Weigh it out, and you'd be shocked at what a normal portion actually is. It's like the opposite of the peanut butter phenomenon.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Yes, its almost obligatory!
  • nooboots
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Why would you have no choice? Just say "Thank you, but I'll eat the lunch I already brought. More for the rest of you!"

I've sat at the conference table at work and ate (and enjoyed) a salad whole everyone else has pizza before. Other days I eat the pizza. Depends on my goals and mood for the day.

I can't say no to free pizza. I'm not going to feast just have an additional slice or too.
    I'm already the thinest guy in the meeting. People will be like wtf when they find out im still cutting weight lol
    Though this is why the last 10lbs have been impossible very little room for error

Maybe I'm misreading your tone and I need a second cup of coffee, but this thread is a little confusing.

You started a thread complaining about a craving that you needed to be talked out of because it was going to cause you to throw your whole plan out the window. After 5 pages, you had a couple of bites of Whopper and then went and got a burger at Five Guys like it was no big deal.

Now you post "FML" because there's going to be free pizza at work, then after you get suggestions, you say your going to have the pizza, it's no big deal, you can just have a slice or two. It's kind of hard to tell what your goals are or what kind of responses you're looking for. I guess you're just looking for conversation and using overly dramatic language?

Anyway, I'd eat the pizza, and then probably eat my lunch for dinner or save it for tomorrow if it's the type of thing that would last. I'm also incapable of turning down free pizza, especially if I have to watch other people eat it! Glad you've got this all figured out I guess, I'm just confused :smile:

I took it all to be tongue in cheek, perhaps Im misrreading it.
  • nooboots
    Options
    Damn. Now I'm craving pizza instead of a whopper.

#triggered

#metoo
  • monsterbabe85
    monsterbabe85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had this same issue!! And I caved yesterday and I felt like garbage for the rest of the day. There is SO much sodium in it and it made my stomach feel bloated and full and the kicker...........3 hours later I was somehow starving despite feeling heavy. It really wasn't worth it in the end for me.

• ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I ate a double whopper the other day, minus the ketchup, mayo, onions, tomato and bread :) LOL - i just ate the meat, cheese and pickles, (they forgot the mustard).........but what sucked is i was charged regular price, the price we pay to try to eat healthy............ :) and i drank a bottled water with it. That was dinner :)
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Maybe I'm misreading your tone and I need a second cup of coffee, but this thread is a little confusing.

You started a thread complaining about a craving that you needed to be talked out of because it was going to cause you to throw your whole plan out the window. After 5 pages, you had a couple of bites of Whopper and then went and got a burger at Five Guys like it was no big deal.

Now you post "FML" because there's going to be free pizza at work, then after you get suggestions, you say your going to have the pizza, it's no big deal, you can just have a slice or two. It's kind of hard to tell what your goals are or what kind of responses you're looking for. I guess you're just looking for conversation and using overly dramatic language?

Anyway, I'd eat the pizza, and then probably eat my lunch for dinner or save it for tomorrow if it's the type of thing that would last. I'm also incapable of turning down free pizza, especially if I have to watch other people eat it! Glad you've got this all figured out I guess, I'm just confused :smile:

It's almost like people feel differently about food depending on the day lol ;)

Food good. Hunger bad.

Change your metrics to track calories weekly instead of daily, be responsible and have at it. Eat two whoppers if you want to, although I question your sanity if you have a 5 Guys nearby and choose a whopper over a 5 Guys burger. What's this world coming to? ;)

Food isn't my enemy, or yours, no talking out of required. Just be responsible. Or not. Your choice.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »

It's almost like people feel differently about food depending on the day lol ;)

Food good. Hunger bad.

Change your metrics to track calories weekly instead of daily, be responsible and have at it. Eat two whoppers if you want to, although I question your sanity if you have a 5 Guys nearby and choose a whopper over a 5 Guys burger. What's this world coming to? ;)

Food isn't my enemy, or yours, no talking out of required. Just be responsible. Or not. Your choice.

But if you eat food regularly, it will "stoke the metabolic fires" and fire bad[1].
    [1] Doctor Frank N Stein, PhD, Monster. - inb4 Frankstein was not the monster's name.
  • SeanD2407
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Why does the physical stature of your colleagues matter at all in this self imposed drama you’ve created? Why would they even know if you are cutting weight unless you are talking about it openly in front them?

They know. I was still 210+ when working here a year ago now fluctuations 157-160 depending on the day.I always turn down sweets too.
  • SeanD2407
    Options

Had two 3x3 thin crust slices. No clue how to log it. Both were sausage and green peppers. Mushroom too but thats next to notta. Would 180 to 240 a slice be a good guesstimate?