• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Rocko820 wrote: »
    Health?
    Strength?
    Functionality?
    Looks?
    Medals?
    1. Health & Strength- Musculoskeletal integrity & regeneration, geriatrics nutrition conscious -> Longevity
    2. Looks - Symmetry, proportion, gains, body fat %
  • Treensdreams
    Treensdreams Posts: 23 Member
    I love the way it makes me feel and look and the person I have become since starting this journey
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    The kind of exercise I do as well as my reasons keep changing. Today it’s because what else would I do? To whom would I go?
  • LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2019
    1,200 calories/day isn’t always enough. I work out so I can eat more.

Also I really love my Sh’Bam dance fitness class at the Y, so that is more like fun than a workout.

Bonus is our family YMCA membership costs less per month than my former tap dance classes and I don’t have to spend $100/year on a weird recital costume 😁
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    It really varies day to day.

Sometimes fun, or stress relief, or I just want to be out in the sun.
    Sometimes obligation - I signed up for some event and don't want to be totally miserable or make a complete *kitten* out of myself when it comes around.
    Sometimes to earn more calories.
    Sometimes just because I feel like and old person and I need to loosen up.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    1. Keeps me toned. I am 64 y/o. Stuff is starting to go south :(
    2. Keeps me sane. Relieves a lot of stress - puts me in a good frame of mind and keeps me mentally sharp!
    3. I like a challenge. Like to push myself to do new things: yoga, boxing, running...
    4. Need to burn more calories. I'm short - so only burn about 1200/day when I'm sedentary.
    5. It's fun!!! Nothing like working up a good sweat, taking a cool shower and getting on with my day...
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    This time around I didn't want the exercise to be a reason I eat something or don't eat a certain thing. I've found it to be a great stress reliever. I never ever thought I would be the one who would say that I wanted to go for a run to clear my mind or be bummed that I have to skip yoga because of something.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Health, strength, and stamina.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Got sick of being a fat ###### and getting winded walking up the stairs to my apartment.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    To maintain muscle mass and because I enjoy it.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    I do it to maintain my physical and mental health. I simply feel better when I work out.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Toning, balance, strength
  • ekboh
    ekboh Posts: 53 Member
    I want to lose weight and get back in shape so I can feel better about myself.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Initially bone density. I have little bird bones and family history of severe osteoporosis.

Then when I watched what little muscle I had evaporate when my hormones tanked, increased muscle mass.