Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Whats your reason for working out?

Rocko820
Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
Health?
Strength?
Functionality?
Looks?
Medals?

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    I run for fun!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Rocko820 wrote: »
    Health?
    Strength?
    Functionality?
    Looks?
    Medals?
    1. Health & Strength- Musculoskeletal integrity & regeneration, geriatrics nutrition conscious -> Longevity
    2. Looks - Symmetry, proportion, gains, body fat %
  • Treensdreams
    Treensdreams Posts: 23 Member
    I love the way it makes me feel and look and the person I have become since starting this journey
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    The kind of exercise I do as well as my reasons keep changing. Today it’s because what else would I do? To whom would I go?
  • LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2019
    1,200 calories/day isn’t always enough. I work out so I can eat more.

Also I really love my Sh’Bam dance fitness class at the Y, so that is more like fun than a workout.

Bonus is our family YMCA membership costs less per month than my former tap dance classes and I don’t have to spend $100/year on a weird recital costume 😁
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    It really varies day to day.

Sometimes fun, or stress relief, or I just want to be out in the sun.
    Sometimes obligation - I signed up for some event and don't want to be totally miserable or make a complete *kitten* out of myself when it comes around.
    Sometimes to earn more calories.
    Sometimes just because I feel like and old person and I need to loosen up.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    1. Keeps me toned. I am 64 y/o. Stuff is starting to go south :(
    2. Keeps me sane. Relieves a lot of stress - puts me in a good frame of mind and keeps me mentally sharp!
    3. I like a challenge. Like to push myself to do new things: yoga, boxing, running...
    4. Need to burn more calories. I'm short - so only burn about 1200/day when I'm sedentary.
    5. It's fun!!! Nothing like working up a good sweat, taking a cool shower and getting on with my day...
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    This time around I didn't want the exercise to be a reason I eat something or don't eat a certain thing. I've found it to be a great stress reliever. I never ever thought I would be the one who would say that I wanted to go for a run to clear my mind or be bummed that I have to skip yoga because of something.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Health, strength, and stamina.
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Got sick of being a fat ###### and getting winded walking up the stairs to my apartment.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    To maintain muscle mass and because I enjoy it.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    I do it to maintain my physical and mental health. I simply feel better when I work out.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Toning, balance, strength
  • ekboh
    ekboh Posts: 53 Member
    I want to lose weight and get back in shape so I can feel better about myself.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member
    Initially bone density. I have little bird bones and family history of severe osteoporosis.

Then when I watched what little muscle I had evaporate when my hormones tanked, increased muscle mass.