What is something you can’t believe people enjoy doing?

Options

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Oh and, hunting. And video games.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I don’t understand why people feel the need to have big weddings ?

Big Italian families

:D I thought my wedding was big, but then my cousin married a Lebanese man. Talk about flashy and expensive. One of the best weddings I’ve attended, mind you. Regardless it must if cost them a fortune.
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    Dancing, I just don't get it. Your surrounded by people, the music is blaring, and your working your butt off to stay in rhythm with your partner. Like...why? The only fun sounding thing about that, being close with your partner.

If you want to be close, you can do just as well watching the stars together, or snuggling on the couch. Why all the extra stimulation?

There are numerous health benefits, both mind and body, gained through dancing.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Street Racing. It was such a big thing when i was younger; it was just our crowd. Too many accidents seen that I just couldn't get into it anymore.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Hovering over their cell phone.
  • GeorgiaAndi
    GeorgiaAndi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    x2 on smoking. I know it becomes a nicotine addiction and understand why people do it after they're hooked. But you have to make yourself inhale the smoke and smell it and overcome the yuck before you actually become addicted - which is why I don't understand why people do it.

And kickboxing. I'd rather hear babies scream or be obese. No offense to those who love it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Camping

Same...people rushing out Friday then coming back Sunday....what about all of your weekend house stuff to do as well as getting ready for the week ahead?? I don't get how that is enjoyable I could see one day of it but that's it...not the whole weekend thats for sure.

I love camping...though I don't tent camp anymore and have a nice camping trailer. Being up in the mountains and out in nature is very relaxing...hiking, fishing, camp fires, good beer, etc. One day is hardly worth it though...it's quite a bit of work prepping and packing and then setting up camp and then tearing down camp and going home and unpacking. Two days is really the minimum for the effort...3-4 is optimal.

I don't really do much to get ready for the week ahead, so that's not an issue. The house stuff can wait until the following weekend...it's not that big of a deal.
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Renting vacation homes. If I am on vacation, I don't want to have to cook meals or clean up after everyone. I want restaurants and maid service. Otherwise I might as well just stay home.

We always do vacation rentals now...it's much more enjoyable with two kids to have some of our own space rather than all being in a hotel room. We cook some, but we still go out to restaurants. We've had some really nice vacation condos, especially in San Diego on Pacific and Mission Beach.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Getting really drunk. Why o why? I’m excluding alcoholics from this.
  • FriendlyNeighborhoodEngineer
    Options
    Driving drives me nuts. I can't understand people that buy cars for more than just getting from A to B
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Going to loud crowded bars full of stinky people and not being able to hold a convo with anyone cos it's too loud...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Getting really drunk. Why o why? I’m excluding alcoholics from this.
    Alcoholics still getting really drunk.
    After a few years of spending all your time, money, and energy getting drunk, thinking about getting drunk, you’d think they would look around and see what they are missing.
    I guess that may go for drug abusers, too?

• _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Running. I do it for health reasons but have never enjoyed it. I don't get how people get a runner's high - if I can't get one running 10 miles or more, I don't think I'm destined to experience it.

Watching sports.
    Fishing.
    Shopping (for anything - though I'd rather shop for food or tools than clothing).
    Sitting on the couch all weekend, every weekend instead of getting out and living life.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Marijuana. I have nothing against other people using it, I just hate the way it makes me feel... crazy paranoid!

962o9k20hahv.gif

• fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Landscaping/Gardening
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Lying
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Running. I do it for health reasons but have never enjoyed it. I don't get how people get a runner's high - if I can't get one running 10 miles or more, I don't think I'm destined to experience it...

OMG! :'( This is one of my greatest pleasures in life. I count it among my top 5 favorite things in all the universe. I look forward to my runs, but have to make sure I take time off to rest and recharge so I don't overdo it. I don't think I'm quite at the level of addict since I am able to moderate, but sometimes I have to reel myself in. I want to stay safe and injury free...

But I feel so sad for people who don't get to experience this. I wouldn't run if it didn't feel just absolutely amazing. I'd do something else. :(
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    For it's swimming i just can't find fun it.
    And driving in the city's nope i hate it