July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    Just spotted the @mobycarp news on my strava feed. Very sad. Fondly remember his posts as he had a different approach as an elite grandmaster from most of us casual runners.

Still running (120 miles last month, likely 100 this month) but I'm up about 25lb from where I need to be to get back to Boston/ Ironman Worlds (likely waiting until I turn 45 to ramp back up as I'll need the extra 10 minutes). If only there was an app to track food to help lose weight...

R.I.P.

Good to see you here @Ohhim, sorry it’s Kevin’s passing that brings you in.

On a lighter note, I’ll see your 25 and raise you 10😛. We’re always rooting for you in those iron races, you little devil. (Cuz you were a devil in one race). I wanna do kona someday.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    @shanaber barefoot at home, and "anything goes" if I'm not. My everyday footwear is Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 or Xero shoes, which seem to be totally acceptable for lifting. Some guys in my gym train in flipflops. Never understood what that was about.

@noblsheep I would guess on the flip flops because they are flat. Many wear chucks because they are 100% flat. I'd assume that's the same reason for flip flops and being barefoot in the gym is either frowned upon or against the rules.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @ContraryMaryMary you will be great! Remember it won't be as bad as that kohikitia gorge run you did November last year!

Hey everyone WE GOT THE HOUSE!

Thanks Kim, and woohoo. That’s very exciting!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary you will be great! Remember it won't be as bad as that kohikitia gorge run you did November last year!

AWESOME!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Yay! Congrats on the new house! 👏

@ContraryMaryMary you got this! Just go out and have fun. It is a celebration and culmination of all your training.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

Congrats!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

tenor.gif