July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Due to close on the 5th September, but are going to try bring that forward.

@PastorVincent I have to say your ability to take a huge negative and look at the one positive - even very sarcastically - is amazing. You WILL find something. Big hugs to you and Kristi, this must be very stressful. And hopefully your new job won't have you sharing computers.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Then I went in and burned at least another 100 calories fighting to get my sports bra off

:D:D There should be a way to log this in MFP. Sports bra, removing. Or something like that.

Am I literally the only woman in the whole world who needs help getting the stupid thing pulled down and unrolled in the back, but never have a single issue just grabbing it cross armed and extending my arms up over my head to remove it (dripping sweat all over the bathroom after a run)? I keep hearing about how difficult you all find them to remove, and I'm confused that I think that's the easy part - I have a workout before the workout to get dressed!

Is it a boob size thing? I'm not particularly blessed. OTOH, I don't need a lot of support, and that's a blessing.

I sometimes get that rolled up back thing, but getting them off feels like I almost have to dislocate my shoulders! It's like the sweat creates this suction to your skin. My low support ones aren't hard to remove, but the ones I use to run are pretty tight. I also have pretty broad shoulders from climbing. Maybe that's why it's so hard to get it over my head.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @ereck44 ha. I never separate my wash. Everything is washed on cold. Unless it's muddy. Then, those clothes get their own load.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    On another note. where did @7lenny7 go?
    Doesn't he spend most of his summers sailing? Or is that someone else?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 Depends on the bra. LOL

Yup, he spends the summer on the water.

@PastorVincent I'm sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something quickly.

@Avidkeo Congrats on the house! Was it the one you posted the other day? Because it was super cute and I hope to see pics after you settle in.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Then I went in and burned at least another 100 calories fighting to get my sports bra off

:D:D There should be a way to log this in MFP. Sports bra, removing. Or something like that.

Am I literally the only woman in the whole world who needs help getting the stupid thing pulled down and unrolled in the back, but never have a single issue just grabbing it cross armed and extending my arms up over my head to remove it (dripping sweat all over the bathroom after a run)? I keep hearing about how difficult you all find them to remove, and I'm confused that I think that's the easy part - I have a workout before the workout to get dressed!

Is it a boob size thing? I'm not particularly blessed. OTOH, I don't need a lot of support, and that's a blessing.
    @autumnblade75 - I actually have problems both ways and I am not particularly blessed either. Putting it on and it rolls up and gets stuck. Getting it off when it is soaking wet is like it is glued to me and no matter how much I pull up (yup, cross armed), pull in the middle, reach around to loosen it at the bottom on each side, it doesn't want to budge!
    @martaindale - I may have to add an exercise for sports bra management - can be used for on or off 😁
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @autumnblade75 Depends on the bra. LOL

Yup, he spends the summer on the water.

@PastorVincent I'm sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something quickly.

@Avidkeo Congrats on the house! Was it the one you posted the other day? Because it was super cute and I hope to see pics after you settle in.

@RunsOnEspresso yep that's the one!

@pa3i definitely take your perspective. Its much more fun to laugh than cry.

@autumnblade75 I don't have that issue but my sports bras are actual bras that are just really supportive. As a size 32F -bras are a challenge. No one thinks someone that size will be running so I wear a size smaller - an e cup - apparently that's the biggest you are allowed to be running. Crop top style bras do not contain the girls. I just end up with black eyes.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

@autumnblade75 I don't have that issue but my sports bras are actual bras that are just really supportive. As a size 32F -bras are a challenge. No one thinks someone that size will be running so I wear a size smaller - an e cup - apparently that's the biggest you are allowed to be running. Crop top style bras do not contain the girls. I just end up with black eyes.

If you can't get the cup size, going up a band size plus down a cup size will be the same as your normal setting. Although if you find you are comfortable with what you've got then great.

As an aside, more ladies should get measured professionally on a regular basis. things change. A lot. And I have to stop myself from yelling at women I see running with inappropriate/insufficient bras on.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

If you can't get the cup size, going up a band size plus down a cup size will be the same as your normal setting. Although if you find you are comfortable with what you've got then great.

As an aside, more ladies should get measured professionally on a regular basis. things change. A lot. And I have to stop myself from yelling at women I see running with inappropriate/insufficient bras on.

Yeah I've got some 10E and 12E. Apart from being slightly squished in the 10s,they are fine. The ladies stay put and no chaffe or anything

And yeah i see women everyday with really badly fitting bras. I always want to say something but not appropriate really.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your job @PastorVincent , I hope something comes along for you soon.

I'm currently trying to decide if I should do my long run on Saturday or Sunday (aiming for 7.5ish miles). Will see how I feel when I get up tomorrow I guess.

01 July - 1.6 miles (treadmill)
    07 July - 4.1 miles (outside)
    08 July - 1.4 miles (treadmill)
    11 July - 1.6 miles (treadmill)
    12 July - 3.2 miles (outside - and beat my 5K PB by 19 seconds)
    14 July - 6.8 miles (outside - and beat my 10K PB by 1:42!)
    15 July - 1.2 (treadmill on incline as we don't have many hills where I am in London!)
    17 July - 4 miles (outside)
    18 July - 1.7 miles (treadmill)
    19 July - 1.8 miles (treadmill)
    20 July - 4 miles (outside)
    22 July - 1.2 (treadmill on incline)
    24 July - 3.4 (outside)
    25 July - 1.7 miles (treadmill)
    26 July - 1.7 miles (treadmill)

Total to date: 39.4 miles
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Also:
    Condolences on the job @PastorVincent
    Congratulations on the house @Avidkeo
    I have trouble getting out of my sports bras too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i actually have had bfs help me take them off because i couldn't

and not in the fun way
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

This! I have been tempted a few times to say something. Honestly not wearing a good supportive bra has to hurt and I can't imagine running for long that way. I wonder if some don't keep with it for that very reason.

@polskagirl01 - What a cute gecko! I have never seen an orange one.