Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Teerai wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

This morning when I was measuring out my breakfast my 5yr old daughter asked me to measure hers to. It broke my heart. I don't want her to become obsessed with food like I am. I know she's just emulating mummy, and that's fine. I explained that's she doesn't need to track her food.

So I'm going to stop tracking. Or stop being obvious about it? I've been tracking on and off for a couple of years now, not religiously but enough. I'm going to go back to how I lost the weight to begin with - moderation.

Kids, they know how to pierce your heart.

Avidkeo,
    I see this as only positive.
    I think measuring food is a skill all kids should learn!

We live in a world that now has such abundance of food product that we have a world wide obesity problem.
    So many people have no idea what a serving of 100 calories looks like in any food.
    To learn the real size of a suggested serving is valuable knowledge!
    Can I suggest you simply ponder how you want to teach this new learning moment and make it a strength in her life!
    <3

@Avidkeo I also have to agree with this. While I get what you mean about not wanting her to become obsessed with food, I would also think about what you have had to learn and change to take control of your weight/diet/whatever issues. With hindsight, I wish I had known about portions, calories and nutrition in general when I started piling on the pounds while informing everyone that I obviously had a crap metabolism because I 'hardly ate'. Yeah, maybe I didn't eat all that much in volume but oh boy did I stuff my face with calories unknowingly!
    With that in mind, I've started trying to make my daughter (admittedly a lot older than yours at 13) more aware of what she eats. She gets mad with me about it but I hope one day she'll get it.

@ContraryMaryMary awesome report!

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary
    sounds like a great race.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    July goal 100 miles

exercise.png

Almost to goal. I'm in Virginia this week so the altitude is better, humidity is worse, and there are some crazy hills in this area to keep it interesting. I've felt good on my 2 runs here so far.

Welcome to the love state (State tourism and travel slogan is Virginia is for Lovers). Maybe you will love our hills by the time you leave!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your race report @ContraryMaryMary! Sounds like you managed it well and you look very strong in the pictures.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Kids just emulate, it has probably no more meaning than wanting to help unload the dishes,

Wait, what..kids are doing the dishwasher? Like voluntarily?

Haha! Ya. Until they find out it's a chore!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Great report and a great two days of racing.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Where's August?

Tag your it.