• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Yeah RVRita! Way to go!!

Okie
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beth I'm no expert, and this is the first time I've been instructed to eat certain foods to lower my ldl. I won't see the lab work and any changes until mid- Sept.

healthline.com/nutrition/13-foods-that-lower-cholesterol-levels#section1

Rita Inspiring! What a healthy goal reached. WTG

NYKAREN
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)<3o:)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Rita - Wow! Just wow! :drinker:

I'm so pleased my DDIL got home to Hove by 2 pm. Trains have ground to a halt all over the country with rails buckling and overhead cables over heating.
    We are still manageable here. I have put the fan on while I talk to you and will take it upstairs when DH comes up.
    The wind is getting up, so I expect rain or lightning .

I think I will do my roots tomorrow so I am a natural blonde for the reunion. Of course, they all know I was a mousey brown. :p
    Hard to believe it's 59 years since we met and 52 years since we left school. :o I have seen most of them at least once since, but not all, and it's at least 25 years since the last time, if not more.
    One friend I have kept in touch with very recently lost her mother, so I don't know if she will make it.
    I'm looking forward to my Glasgow friend staying with me the night before. She’s flying down and then getting the train to Hove.

I have been lucky with my chlorestorol. Even when I was obese it was perfect. My blood sugar was also perfect. But my blood pressure still needs some medication, even though I have lost 57 lbs and exercise like a demon. Bodies are strange things!

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Great NSV for me yesterday! I am no longer a diabetic with my A1C down to 5.1!! My liver has healed as well! Doc has cut my BP meds in half, lowered my thyroid meds, and removed 2 supplements that I no longer need which all were contributing to my bowel issues and lightheaded symptoms of late! Feel better all ready! Still have to visit gastroenterologist and cardiologist to make sure all is good. I’m also only 5 pounds away from a normal weight for my height and age. All this improvement since starting the LCHF way of eating in December! First time in 35 years I’ve had a great results at doc! I’m usually getting more meds not less!

RV Rita happy in Roswell NM

Congratulations. You are an inspiration to all of us to find a plan that works and stick to it.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Home from work and feed DFIL he was in the mood to spit meatloaf at me . That was fun but got most of it in him.
    Got my new t.v. in my bedroom and put the other in the den. But for the life of me cant get the cable to work on either one.. tried troubleshooting with the guy on the phone .but to no avail. So they are coming between 2-4 on Saturday so that will be my fun afternoon but I can put some laundry in and hang out on my patio.
    Have a nice stretch of weather coming.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Grandmallie-Sounds like he didn’t want meatloaf (fixing a 2nd meal isn’t easy last minute tho). My Daughter biological Grandma back when she was alive spit anything she didn’t like that I cooked or wasn’t in the mood for back st me.I had a few premade meals for her frozen to heat last second if needed.She was Cajun Foods y I don’t know how to cook those so she was my food critic daily lol. Found stuff she liked stuck with it (frozen crab cakes,baked crab stuffing in crab shell,shrimp spaghetti) . That was 20yrs ago Their wasn’t as many affordable kitchen gadgets plus I had a herd of kids to raise! My Dad won’t wear his dentures! So not much Edible that he wants without them in.
    Lol now I got JR as a good critic he spits food back at me too like your DFIL. After work theirs little time to cook another meal after rushing to cook the first one.Is there any TV dinners you could microwave that he likes?

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rita Well done! You've healed yourself.

Karen in Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Turned out great!!!
    Broccoli 🥦,onion,& Potatoe bake
    Oven 400* for 1hour (for easier to cook potatoes can take off a few minutes)
    3 Red potatoe (or any)
    Broccoli 🥦 2lbs
    1 Purple Onion
    Garlic Powder y pepper
    If want can add sea salt 🧂 or skip it
    Pam 0cal spray it to pieces!

Serve on side of meat no breads needed.
    Has rich flavor. I’m Tupperware the rest for the next few days for Hubby y me. Cut portions to make 1 person or smaller family amount.
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 4
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7min, 13.6amph, 133mhr, 1.55mi= 85c
    apple watch- 69c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 47.46min, 14.8amph, 146mhr, 11.80mi= 510c
    apple watch- 448c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.50min, 149mhr, 9.34min mi, .50mi= 60c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.19min, 9.49min mi, 145mhr, .44mi=66c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.49min, 8.9amph, 148mhr, 2.50mi= 193c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 914
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Heather: I may have already mentioned a heat wave during my childhood in the 1950’s. We had a basement that was cool, but it was not living space. It was filled with the furnace and other stuff. Mom and I walked to the grocery store and on our way home she broke an egg on the sidewalk just to see what it would do. It fried right up. As I remember, we just left it there, and kept on walking toward home. It is a happy memory now. Once we got home we sat at the kitchen table with an electric fan blowing over a tray of ice cubes. It felt wonderful. :smiley:

Rita: Celebrate your NSV—no longer diabetic is a very big deal. Liver improvements are another big deal. You are doing great!!! WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

My husband’s iphone died after many years of service. We just came home from the Apple Palace, my name for it, in NW Portland with a new one. The people who helped us were wonderful. He’s now learning how the new one works.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did One on One Training with Jackie DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT

Tracey – definitely borrow the IP. I kept saying that I didn’t want one, I already had a pressure cooker. And then I tried the one I gave Denise. Now it’s on my Christmas list. Have fun with your cousin

Connie – when I grew up we had air conditioning – it was called “open the window”

Terri – Happy Anniversary. Have fun in Galway City

Barbie – I’d say you were addicted to exercise. But there are certainly worse things you can be addicted to (like drugs). Whenever we stay at a hotel, I always check out the fitness center and use it in the a.m. One time we had to stay at a hotel for the funeral of a cousin of mine and they didn’t have a fitness center. I was so bummed. Wish we had stayed at another hotel. Even her husband said when he heard where we’re staying “oh, that’s not a good place”. I tell you, on the drive home, I was honestly concerned that we’d picked up bedbugs.

After exercise swept the screened in porch for cobwebs then went to another Dollar General and got 3 more small pails. That should be enough for the forks. People don’t use a lot of spoons/knives so I think I can probably put them in this silverware caddy that I have. In a few I’ll probably go in the pool while Vince goes shooting. Afterwards, he has an appt with the dermatologist and then he wants to power wash the back patio. Remember I told you that I got a roll of plastic bags to put on a dowel for wet bathing suits? Well, the thing Vince suggested I put the dowel on doesn’t look nice at all so I got this knee pad (50 cents) and I was thinking that I could cut it in half and put the dowel in that. Vince doesn’t think it’s thick enough. I wondered why we couldn’t just glue two together, it’s not like it’s going to be outside so even Elmer’s glue would probably work. Does anyone have any ideas of something else that can be used?

M – sounds to me like you’re addicted to exercise, too. Yes, I heard that plastic bags are banned in certain places.

Some stores around here give you a credit if you use your own bags, so I use mine (hey, anything is a help). The stores that don’t, I usually have them use a plastic bag then reuse it either for litter or donate it to the soup kitchen. I have some heavy bags and some real light ones that I got for free. You get what you pay for. But they work for light things

I know they don’t have a/c in Switzerland because they don’t feel it’s necessary for the few times it would be needed.

Rita – good going! You are amazing all the changes!

Power washed the patio below the deck then got one table for the party put out. Now have a load of laundry in, just took a shower. Soup kitchen tomorrow.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Irish Terri Happy 53rd wedding anniversary! Thank you for posting those photos of Connemara. For a few months in the spring of 1983, I helped a single mom out with her two girls for a couple of hours a day after they got home from school & before she got home from work. One of them was named Connemara. They called her Mara. I had never heard of Connemara until then, but they told me all about it, & I thought it sounded lovely. Turns out, it is quite lovely, as your photos bear witness! <3

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather I pulled up BBC One site today thinking I could watch Jessamy live streamed, but they wanted me to pay about £150 to subscribe. Dang. I bought her book but am in the middle of What Unites Us by Dan Rather, so haven't started reading it yet. Looking forward to it! Glad you put your big girl panties on, it's not easy, but you did it! xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Katla Where did you live in the 1950's? The summer I was born, 1954, was really hot in Nebraska, with temperatures reaching 112 degrees 2 or 3 days in July. I was 2 weeks late. My poor mother had a 6 year old & a 3 year old, and I refused to be born. I know she was miserable. We had a swamp cooler in our house. My dad was an expert at finagling it to keep the house relatively cool.