JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    036m34alcwjr.jpeg
    2704ahpa25u0.jpeg
    4hriv4c15e3c.jpeg
    jelc448spjo9.jpeg
    fj3sw9du20i9.jpeg
    Katla y Barbara- Future Archaeologists will make the same Far Fetched assumptions they make now about folks of the past lol. They’ll see a 2019 hunting accident victim who’s body landed where rescue teams couldn’t get out say ,”This man 👨 was hunted down trying to escape a rival tribe but was shot which led to his demise “.
    They’ll see a cell phone 📱 think it’s “Art”.
    They will find symphony drums say “This was their way of contacting the Gods!” Lol Then they’ll have crazy ideas about our burials to foods based on the fact someone died picking berries in their garden next to buried pets so the pets were seen as God’s! But the Lady was obviously not royalty because she was not buried. Of course the folks technology that far away will be eye or brain implants so will look like cavemen to them lol (I skip alcohol in any cooking instructions I’m Deadly Allergic to wine,alcohol,y balsamic type vinegars) I still wonder if the theories on Romans using a poop stick isn’t just a toilet brush for the worker who cleaned the toilets.

Happy Anniversary Terry! 53 years

KJ Kelly- The writer of General Relativity for babies also makes many more books to explore science! We just purchased 4 more for JR . Chris Ferrie 1.Rocket Science 2. Organic Science 3. Newtonian physics much much more all explained with balls to pictures of rocket ships y shapes arrows etc easy to see things. Simplicity y fun is best when teaching kids .

Cooked 5 chicken breasts shredded then with 2 forks straight out of the oven. (Like Paula Deen good recipes but skip the alcohol lol she was a wee bit of a Lush). I placed 2.5 chicken per Tupperware added separate seasonings.
    T1. Pepper,Garlic Powder,Mesquite seasonings. (To use in recipes I need plain) T2. Pepper,Garlic Powder, Mesquite seasonings,lemon juice, fajita season packet (To use in Hispanic dishes from tacos to enchilada soups)

Amber Tx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Why I don’t travel with JR him y this boy think alike lol 😂 .We have a 2person to leave the house with him rule for a reason.
    One news says his hand was swollen y bruised another says broken he went on a 5minutes!!! Baggage claim ride !! The workers got him in another department baggage 🧳 workers did not know he was coming down the line. Think someone needed to call the back room sooner! Management obviously dropped the ball to do call the lawyers instead of get the kid off.
    Daughter was a goat 🐐 sitting on top of slides to climbing to the ceiling rafters in the school gym .She would have sat on top of the machine if you looked down a second.
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Katla I too have wondered how future archeologists will interpret our culture's obsession with plastic wrapped dog poop. The mind boggles.

pip please remine me what those charms on your necklace mean? WTG on your fundraising sox!

Line dancing last night, T'ai Chi, shopping, recycling and dog group today. I'm pooped.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    will update these later too, haven't been keeping up on my metrics. Meditate 0/31, knee exercises 0/31, CO>CI 5/31, vits+rx 3/31, play with Tumble 2/31, AF 2/31, steps: Tues:5770, Wed:3425 :{ Thur: 5949 so far
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for July: consistency.

that's an old pic i had those made when i did my 1st marathon. that had my time date and bib #. i had a goal to run without any stopping.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,037 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Michele, I never called myself addicted to exercise, but exercise for me is like eating. I have to do it several times a day no matter where I am or what else is going on. When I have stayed with other people, I've found a walking route in their neighborhood. When I stay in a hotel, I use the fitness center or find a walking route outside or get up extra early and walk through the halls and public areas for an hour to start my day.

Like eating or breathing. :)

I've been exercising since I could crawl.

Except for occasional periods of illness or injury, I have always been active. One of the ways I've included activity is to use it to get places.

I covered 12.7 km on Tuesday and Wednesday entirely in utility walking. I'm pleased to announce that my orthotics and I got along for the entire 12.7 km and my feet actually felt all right. :)

Most of my holidays have exercise as their theme ...

-- cycletouring where we ride from one place to another with panniers on the bicycle.

-- hub and spoke touring where we stay in one location and do rides in different directions.

-- cycling event + some travelling surrounding the event.

-- mostly cycling, but a decent hike or two to the top of a mountain thrown in for a bit of variety

-- and of course lots of walking. :)

When we were travelling the world in 2012, we'd cycle into a town or take the train, find a place to stay, and then walk kilometres exploring the town and finding a place to eat for dinner.

And yep ... if the place we stay has a gym, we'll usually check it out. We stayed at a resort for a few days after Christmas this year. We did a short hike, a couple little bicycle rides, and then after dinner we'd go to the resort gym to walk on the treadmill or use the rowing machine. :)

If I don't exercise in a day, I feel like I'm missing something.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Amber TX: It seems like your little boy has a lot of challenges but you are doing a great job managing. I hope things get easier as he gets older. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Sorry to hear about your heatwave. I remember a heatwave from my childhood before my family had airconditioning. We sat at the kitchen table with a fan blowing over ice cubes. It helped. :star:

Dawn Kendrick: Welcome to a great group. We have members from many places around the world. :smiley:

Barbie: I’m glad that you were able to find your hat. Yay!!! :bigsmile:

Pip: Happy 2680!!! :flowerforyou:

Ginny: I have become more salt sensitive over the years. Too much salt causes the joints in my hands to hurt. I’m fortunate that I can keep things in fairly good balance. I still add salt to food, but not as much as I used to add. Back then I’d salt my food more than once. Not anymore. :wink: Like Barbie, I try to keep protein high. :star:

Barbara: I tried kettlebells some time ago but couldn’t seem to get proper form and felt that I was likely to get hurt. I decided to pass on it and haven’t been sorry. I know how positive it has been for Mary, but it wasn’t right for me. :ohwell:

Terri: Happy 53rd Anniversary!!! Our 50th will be next March. :bigsmile:

Regarding grocery bags, I buy durable plastic shopping bags and am very happy with them. So far I’ve never had one wear out. I keep some in the house and some in each car. We donate the little white bags that the grocery stores use to the food bank so that the clients there have a way to carry their food home. The food bank is very happy to get them.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    Regarding grocery bags ...

The lightweight plastic ones are banned here.
    https://epa.tas.gov.au/sustainability/resources-for-the-community/plastic-shopping-bags

We can get the heavier plastic ones for a price ... usually about 10 cents or so each. Not very many places give people free bags anymore.

So ... I carry lightweight nylon "cloth" bags. They fold up really small and I've got one or two in my jacket pockets, one or two in my backpack etc. Several stores sell them for about $2 each so I pick up new ones now and then to tuck into another jacket. They can be used over and over.

Our groceries are delivered in a heavy-weight recycled plastic, and when they drop our groceries off at the house, we give them last week's bags ... and I get $1 back each time. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    We seem to have clouded over here, which is a relief. DH said he felt a couple of drops of rain when he was out. I have curtains drawn on the west facing windows, but our high skylight doesn't have a blind. The last owners put up internal curtains, so I draw those in the sun to stop the skylight beating down on my sofa.

I aquired the exercise habit late in life. I caught it from DH, who has always been a demon. He never preached at me, but led by example. Originally I was only doing it so I could eat more calories, but now I like the way it makes my body feel and look. I love the mobility it gives me. I was a dedicated couch potato when I was younger, although I always liked dancing and a bit of tennis in the summer. I love swimming, but hate all the faff associated with it . Once I'm in the water I love it, but I get awful Lane Rage and hate the getting out, showering, hair drying bit.
    It's still strange to me that I do so much exercise every day, without fail. :oo:)

Just renewed my Senior Railcard. For £30 you get one third off any train journey for a year. :D

Salmon tonight. We've been very meaty the last couple of days.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Heather I’m curious as to why most people don’t have air conditioning in the UK. I would speculate that almost everyone in the US has air-conditioning.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • Machka9
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Heather I’m curious as to why most people don’t have air conditioning in the UK. I would speculate that almost everyone in the US has air-conditioning.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

Same reasons why hardly any houses in Australia have much in the way of insulation or central heating. The temps are moderate enough it wasn't considered all that necessary.

Plus it can be expensive.

M in Oz
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm so very very thankful for central air. It's very hot here in summer and can get quite humid. AC is in the majority of homes and for sure restaurants and shops.

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Heather UK - Try what I did when at relatives to had no air condition myself ...open a door or window facing where the wind blows towards then opposite side of the house open another as an exit point. Close doors to unnecessary rooms.Creates a cross breeze .Then fan if you own one to midway to help the current along y so you can sit near it.Cold rag on the forehead can even put a wet rag in 🥶 freezer or fridge grab as needed.

JR will grow out if it 2yrs 4months is not an easy age,but luckily before I blink he’ll
    be 2 1/2 ,3,3 1/2,then 4yrs old a more manageable age y off to school he will go.

Amber Tx

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,766 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Barbara My mission to lower my LDL includes oats every morning, no more full fat yogurt :'( , less red meat, more Brussels
    Sprouts, almonds, salmon and avocado. And oh yeah aiming for walking 3 Miles every day. I broke down my plan I to 3 “phases” before my lab work in mid September I’m down 2 lbs from my early June labs, and I’m in phase 2 of the mission—-and I do write every thing down in a bullet journal cause that motivates me

NYKAREN

This is a very specific "more" food list ... are these items known to lower LDL? My LDL never changes no matter what I do.

Beth
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Beth - DASH diet works on some but not all. Some people need medication or Statins drugs. Some people with LDL finds theirs is resistant to diet or drugs. No 1 size fits all rule. Here’s a few articles Harvard ones good. All you can do is try others LDL diets if they don’t work last options is Doctors it homeopathic medical options. MFP says about Dash Diet
    Keep a journal 📓 if you eat certain foods no budge that tells you to put them as food not LDL treatment. If it lowers even by a little with a certain meal you eat or food then add it to your eat for LDL list. Create what works for you. They do have flavored oatmeal out there y oat cereals now even Quakers makes a Chex mix looking version oatmeal squares y Real medleys. See if your Doctor will print you out a food list. I do this because them talking doesn’t tell me nothing but how yellow their teeth are.

Amber Tx

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Mary - we would need AC for maybe 3-5 days a year. If that. Our heatwave is due to break tonight. Plus it is really wasteful of energy.
    JR - I do all that. My fan has been amazing and kept me chilly! Storms are now approaching. Will be hot tonight before it breaks.

The country hit an all time July record today, more than 100° F in some places, but it didn't quite reach the all time record of August 2003. It was the year I met DH. I remember lying on the bed with him in my apartment in London. I didn't dare touch him as his skin was burning. He didn't feel too hot in himself. I was fatter and felt far, far too hot although my skin was cool.
    We were lucky here today with cloud building up in the afternoon. It didn't get unbearable. We are only a block from the beach.Inside the house it touched 82 ° . Not bad. Most of the day it was less. The sun is shining this evening. I have spent the day in my big knickers that I bought to wear under my dancing skirt and a camisole top. I am comfortable.
    Glad it's going to break though. I am not a hot weather fan. I might sleep alone upstairs tonight with the fan on me. DH hates the fan and our bedroom window does not open. When we are away he hates to have the AC on at night!

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    RV Rita: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

"Great NSV for me yesterday! I am no longer a diabetic with my A1C down to 5.1!! My liver has healed as well! Doc has cut my BP meds in half, lowered my thyroid meds, and removed 2 supplements that I no longer need which all were contributing to my bowel issues and lightheaded symptoms of late! Feel better all ready! Still have to visit gastroenterologist and cardiologist to make sure all is good. I’m also only 5 pounds away from a normal weight for my height and age. All this improvement since starting the LCHF way of eating in December! First time in 35 years I’ve had a great results at doc! I’m usually getting more meds not less!

RV Rita happy in Roswell NM"

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Oh boy I'm on hils with tech support for work,rediculous....cant wait to get out..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rita - well done, well done, WTG! So pleased for you!

Kelly - loved hearing you bubbling about your sister time. I miss mine, I need to go see her.

Beth - Eating oat bran cooked in almond milk five to seven days a week lowered by LDL from 153 to 100 in a year, and my triglycerides went from 149 to 57. And considering I get almost all my protein from animal sources, the doc was pretty pleased.

Just blowing through - got to go pack for tomorrow's trip. At least it's jeans and T-shirts tomorrow, as it's set-up day. Saturday is uniform from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the conference... and then breaking everything down (along with 50 other people, please note, not by myself), and a three-hour drive home. But, I've got someone riding with me who's offered to drive on the way back, and I'm happy to let her. :) Saves me from an extra night in a hotel... which I would have done if I wasn't riding with someone.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    RV Rita Congratulations! You did a fantastic job!