WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lanette Stepdaughter is aware. Right now her plan is for an extended visit to explore the possibility of settling in France indefinitely. She says she is letting the universe guide her.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Heather Wonderful! Which one is the friend you traveled with?
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    30j67yhaob3q.jpeg

Lol 😂 should I worry that my lunch y dinner shows the evils of dieting? Can’t stop laughing couldn’t do this again if I tried. Told my Cousin on Keto he’ll get a kick out of it

Amber Tx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

I can’t remember and now can’t find the comment of being an extroverted introvert. I love that it’s me… I was an introvert, non-joiner, book reading, studious student until college, then I made the decision to get out more, and even now I don’t always do it “right” I don’t exactly know how to be extroverted. But I can almost always get people talking about themselves… it’s harder when I am dealing with an introvert, as we don’t tend to ramble off at the mouth… but if I stand near someone who is even a tiny bit outgoing I can usually find out more than I’d ever want to know pretty quick. How ever they may walk away knowing nothing about me…. Or assuming they know but it’s all wrong….I do love my down time and that is reflected in my work choices – gardener and embroidery – interact, then retreat – repeat! It is interesting how long you can keep a conversation going without ever saying anything about yourself, as you have never been asked a question.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    She's behind me, to my right in the blue and white patterned blouse. My difficult friend is at the right end of that row and my Portsmouth, hide the body friend, is sitting on the floor in the coral cardigan.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather Thanks! Have a great time with those amazing-looking women!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Heather - great picture!!! is this reunion of university? what the USA would call High School? Did you go to an all girls school?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    It was an all girls High School. (Grammar School) From age 11 -18.

Heather UK xxxxxxx :D
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Heather - Are you sure this photo isn't a reunion of supermodels? B)

Rebecca
    - Athena is gorgeous. LOVE that little overstuff chair she's sitting in! <3

Just got back from the vet - picked up some CBD chews called "Cannachews" made by Growpharmaceuticals. Rosie has been limping for a week or so- when she gets up from a nap, doc checked her yesterday and couldn't find anything wrong other than she likely pulled a little muscle OR was limping to get more treats, lol. I asked if CBD might help and he said give it a try, he sold it there. I didn't have any of the oil on hand so bought a container. Got home and unscrewed the lid, someone had pulled back the inner seal and helped themselves. Only one was missing.

I called the vet's office and left a message - warned them to check all of the containers on the shelf. They called me back in a few minutes and said to bring the opened one back and gave me a sealed one. Luckily, the vet's office is only a couple minutes from my house - three minutes if I get stopped by the traffic light.

Rosie weighs 12# so will get 1/2 chew - 7.5 mg of CBD once per day. We'll see how she does.

Right now she's rooting around in the sofa cushions looking for Cheetos, lol.

Kelly - let me know if you need a container of them for Tim B) They look and smell pretty tasty! We'll call them "health food".

Lanette <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Lanette - You are too funny! I love the visual of Rosie rooting around for Cheetos! I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Heather - Love the pic! Glad you had fun

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Heather: They mostly look like a jolly bunch. Have fun.
    Rebecca: Athena is a wee dote. Look how she’s grown, already!
    Karen: All we can do is let them live their lives. Not easy to stand by, though.

I’m an extrovert, DH is either an introverted extrovert or an extroverted introvert. 😂 He tends to lack confidence, until he gets to know people. Loves kids and animal. That’s why we get on so well! 😂

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Lanette Stepdaughter is aware. Right now her plan is for an extended visit to explore the possibility of settling in France indefinitely. She says she is letting the universe guide her.

Karen in Virginia

Sounds like a good plan. I did that before moving to Australia. I came here in 2004 for 3 months and cycled through 4 states and a territory with a friend from the UK. Got to know the man who would become my husband when we stayed with him for a bit.

Then in 2008 I married him and in 2009 I moved here.

But I would leap at a chance to move to France! !! It's my dream to live there for a while.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, she is my little angel. 💖. I guess that little chair can turn into configurations.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Pip: I love the photos of you and Kirby. Keep ‘em coming! :star:

Kim: Verts Unite!!! Intro & Extro Verts welcome, All other verts stay away. :devil:

Heather: What a beautiful group of women. :star::flowerforyou:

Lanette: I went to a local pet store to get CBD oil for the dog. It really helps, so DH decided to try it. Now we have two bottles; one is stronger than the other. The dog and DH are both feeling better because of it. After we bought ours from the pet store, we learned that the local Safeway store also carries a human intended version. I was in a hurry and couldn’t find out the details of strength and cost when I was there. :ohwell: I have to admit that I tried the pet store version once. It wasn’t awful, but I don’t have chronic or acute pain other than an old knee injury & I didn’t notice any difference.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    I love teaching my water exercise class but I am glad to get home and be by myself. I am one who recharges with alone time. I can chat with people but mostly listen and try to encourage. It is truly amazing what people will tell you about themselves.

Heather - Nice looking group of ladies.

Rebecca - That little granddaughter of yours is a real cutie. Love the hair.

Lanette - Sugar is highly inflammatory but I have to tell you one of the most inflammatory foods I ever looked up was Cheetos. LOL

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did the essential 12 minute workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Rori – you are the epitome of the saying “smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you’re alone”. My MIL had dementia. I remember her telling me all about how the cannon in this park was going off (she hadn’t lived near that park in over 50 years). What happened? She accidentally pulled the fire alarm. But I did get real good at the “is that so?” and “tell me more”

NYKaren – really hope that UTI goes away fast for you.

Still working on the turtle that Pete wants. I’m thinking that Wed. it’ll probably be done. And if not, then Monday.

Remember I told you how very hurt I was when I was up there and I wanted to have his mother and father over for a dinner, I’d bought everything, and then Pete says “my father is buying a steak. We’ll go to my parents house, my mother will make a salad” “But I already bought everything” “We’ll just take it”. Well, I’m thinking that the next time I go up there, I’ll say “I don’t know why Dave (the husband) did what he did (I suspect it’s because Pete asked him to and he didn’t know that I wanted to), but that doesn’t really matter. I just want you to know that I’m grateful for everything you do for Denise and Pete.” She must think that I’m the most ungrateful person on the face of the earth!

Lynette – PHEW! Those plastic produce bags are OK. I have used them to put used litter in. Also, I’ve taken them with me when I’ve walked a dog to clean up after the dog. Vince doesn’t like to go for a walk with me because I’m the person who will constantly stop and talk to someone. Carbs and sugar causing inflammation? Never heard of that but it sure can’t hurt avoiding them. I do know that for me if I have a lot of carbs, I then start to sneeze.

Carol – awesome results from the doc

M – so sorry this happened to you. Thanks for giving us a good reason to drink water

Amber – I like your flooring. Very colorful. And also soft for JR. My state isn’t pickey about whose bags you use. Actually, all the bags I have except one I got for free. I usually go to the senior expo here mainly for the bags….lol

The lady across the street’s husband is away in Japan for 2-1/2 week then he gets deployed I think to Iraq. So I invited her and her mother (who lives with her) to ceramics with us tomorrow night. Stephanie said that her mother used to do ceramics and would be interested. I just hope she doesn’t feel overwhelmed. Stephanie said that she’s having trouble seeing. But there are large things she can paint, like a mug.

Jess just got here. I hate to say it and I would never say it to her, but she’s getting a double chin. It’s more WHAT she eats. When she got here, she had a bag from McDonald’s. Well, there isn’t much I can do until she decides she wants to do it. I just feel so sad for her.

Kim – you’ve been here long enough that I should have known it was Northern Cal and not North Carolina. Just chalk it up to an old lady

Heather – lovely picture, and you look great

Oh, I exchanged one planter at Lowe’s Hardware for a smaller one and got the difference on a gift card since I didn’t have the receipt. They needed to see my license. Well, Vince went to use it (I wasn’t with him) and they wouldn’t take it unless he had my license. They told him the reason was because people were in the parking lot selling them without any money on them. Well…Vince decided “WTF” and called Lowes. The truth of the matter is that they ask for the license so that they can keep track if someone returns something without a receipt frequently. Like if someone stole something from the store and then returned it without the receipt. Bottom line is that he was going to buy something about $45 and use the card with about $5 on it. He complained so much that they’re sending him a gift card for $45. Squeaky wheel DOES get the oil!!

Interested to see the Democratic debate.

Michele in NC (with apologies to Kim)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    [quote="Katla49;c-43994881
    Lanette: I went to a local pet store to get CBD oil for the dog. It really helps, so DH decided to try it. Now we have two bottles; one is stronger than the other. The dog and DH are both feeling better because of it. After we bought ours from the pet store, we learned that the local Safeway store also carries a human intended version. I was in a hurry and couldn’t find out the details of strength and cost when I was there. :ohwell: I have to admit that I tried the pet store version once. It wasn’t awful, but I don’t have chronic or acute pain other than an old knee injury & I didn’t notice any difference.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon[/quote]

Kelly - lookee here! Katla can buy CBD at the grocery store. I'll see if my Safeway here in WA carries it as well. If it doesn't have a warning that it's not to be sold in other states, maybe Tim wouldn't have a problem with it since it won't have any (or very minute amount) of THC. Something to think about. Might be worth a try.

There are many, many CBD producers and sellers around here. Not sure if all are legit and/or if they've done lab testing to make sure the strength is what they claim. If a national chain is carrying it, it must do what they advertise.

The ads used to make no claims for killing pain/improving inflammation, etc. at least for the human stuff. Just said it was for "health" lol.

Tho a little bit of THC helps as a "carrier". Doesn't seem to take much.

Lanette