Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's your go to protein?

24

Replies

  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,101Member Member Posts: 25,101Member Member
    billkansas wrote: »
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

    I prep several chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. Then use them throughout the week.
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,204Member Member Posts: 8,204Member Member
    billkansas wrote: »
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

    I buy chicken breast in bulk, bake it in the oven, cut it up/portion it then freeze it.
  • SpadesheartSpadesheart Posts: 391Member Member Posts: 391Member Member
    servilio5 wrote: »
    Tuna here

    I love tuna, but I'll just put a small warning here just in case. There was a study done recently that essentially found that a lot of college aged people are eating an obscene amount of tuna as it's nutritious, easy, and the least expensive way to access fish. I believe the study said that 7% of the people polled were having it multiple times a week, and some up to 20... Which legitimately doesn't make sense to me, that's basically tuna for every meal, but I digress. The problem with this is tuna often has very high murcury levels, and that degree of consumption is getting to be poisonous.

    Basically try to limit tuna to maybe a couple times a week.


    To answer the question for me, eggwhites are super versatile, cottage cheese can be used to make a ton of stuff creamy, poultry is great and tuna of course. I'll make and freeze seitan every so often as well. And my protein powder supplier basically makes it a no brained; it is so much cheaper, not to mention easy to access. Sometimes you just want really efficient protein so you can have more fun stuff.
  • flowerhorseyflowerhorsey Posts: 154Member, Premium Member Posts: 154Member, Premium Member
    Chicken, beef, fage yogurt, protein drink, tuna, seafood, bone broth
  • mike_boldmike_bold Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    chicken, beef, whey and to my work colleagues horror a tub of cottage cheese a day.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 2,878Member Member Posts: 2,878Member Member
    Cottage cheese, salmon, tofu. And sure, chicken.
  • luxduca1luxduca1 Posts: 266Member Member Posts: 266Member Member
    Chicken tuna salmon protein shakes
  • mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,737Member Member Posts: 2,737Member Member
    servilio5 wrote: »
    Tuna here


    To answer the question for me, eggwhites are super versatile, cottage cheese can be used to make a ton of stuff creamy, poultry is great and tuna of course. I'll make and freeze seitan every so often as well. And my protein powder supplier basically makes it a no brained; it is so much cheaper, not to mention easy to access. Sometimes you just want really efficient protein so you can have more fun stuff.

    That’s how I feel about my protein powder. I mean, 24g for 90 calories? Leaves a lot of room in my diet for some fun stuff.
  • SpadesheartSpadesheart Posts: 391Member Member Posts: 391Member Member
    servilio5 wrote: »
    Tuna here


    To answer the question for me, eggwhites are super versatile, cottage cheese can be used to make a ton of stuff creamy, poultry is great and tuna of course. I'll make and freeze seitan every so often as well. And my protein powder supplier basically makes it a no brained; it is so much cheaper, not to mention easy to access. Sometimes you just want really efficient protein so you can have more fun stuff.

    That’s how I feel about my protein powder. I mean, 24g for 90 calories? Leaves a lot of room in my diet for some fun stuff.

    where are you getting yours from??? Mine is 24 for 127 and I thought that was great. Though I imagine mine is quite inexpensive comparatively.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Posts: 9,317Member Member Posts: 9,317Member Member
    eggs, beans, chickpeas, lentils, dairy products & nut butters are the main ones.

    beef and chicken - consume way less often but I do eat those on occasion.
  • arcticrustyarcticrusty Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Edamame
  • ChieflrgChieflrg Posts: 7,834Member Member Posts: 7,834Member Member
    billkansas wrote: »
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

    I usually clean up 10lbs and stage in Tupperware in the fridge.

    Then I either dice it up and Wok it with veggies or lately I've slapped it on a Foreman grill for seven minutes after some olive oil, pepper, & Adobo. I usually have some homemade bbq sauce in fridge(bbq sauce, honey, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, drippings from broiled ribs) and just top it off.

    It is cooked by the time I'm ready to plate it and have my drink and everything on the table.
  • mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,737Member Member Posts: 2,737Member Member
    servilio5 wrote: »
    Tuna here


    To answer the question for me, eggwhites are super versatile, cottage cheese can be used to make a ton of stuff creamy, poultry is great and tuna of course. I'll make and freeze seitan every so often as well. And my protein powder supplier basically makes it a no brained; it is so much cheaper, not to mention easy to access. Sometimes you just want really efficient protein so you can have more fun stuff.

    That’s how I feel about my protein powder. I mean, 24g for 90 calories? Leaves a lot of room in my diet for some fun stuff.

    where are you getting yours from??? Mine is 24 for 127 and I thought that was great. Though I imagine mine is quite inexpensive comparatively.

    From Amazon. I was slightly off though. It’s 23g for 100 calories. I usually mix with a can of Minute Maid Light lemonade so that’s another 15 calories.

    Syntrax Nectar 2lb Protein Powder Bottle - Roadside Lemonade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2FZWLK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Q7KhDbP9M7Y1Y
  • LolalikeslolagetsLolalikeslolagets Posts: 114Member Member Posts: 114Member Member
    Lol why are these posts getting a woo??! Who woos food??? 😂😂😂
    edited July 5
  • Keto_VampireKeto_Vampire Posts: 1,689Member Member Posts: 1,689Member Member
    Lol why are these posts getting a woo??! Who woos food??? 😂😂😂

    People with no life & who apparently disagree that said food sources are protein rich foods...c'mon no one said something inaccurate like banana FFS
  • jrwms714jrwms714 Posts: 392Member Member Posts: 392Member Member
    Eggs, yogurt, fish, shellfish, legumes
  • pbrydpbryd Posts: 365Member Member Posts: 365Member Member
    Whey. It's the king of protein and is lowest cost per gram.

    I'll have 2x 40g shakes, 2 eggs, half a chicken breast some milk and cheese for my daily protein goals.
  • becomingamachinebecomingamachine Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    Tofu, seitan, peas, beans, nuts, veggies.
  • midlomel1971midlomel1971 Posts: 1,026Member Member Posts: 1,026Member Member
    tuna and PB2
  • drebmcdrebmc Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    tuna, egg and legumes
Sign In or Register to comment.