What's your go to protein?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    billkansas wrote: »
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

I prep several chicken breasts on the smoker on Sunday. Then use them throughout the week.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

I buy chicken breast in bulk, bake it in the oven, cut it up/portion it then freeze it.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    servilio5 wrote: »
    Tuna here

I love tuna, but I'll just put a small warning here just in case. There was a study done recently that essentially found that a lot of college aged people are eating an obscene amount of tuna as it's nutritious, easy, and the least expensive way to access fish. I believe the study said that 7% of the people polled were having it multiple times a week, and some up to 20... Which legitimately doesn't make sense to me, that's basically tuna for every meal, but I digress. The problem with this is tuna often has very high murcury levels, and that degree of consumption is getting to be poisonous.

Basically try to limit tuna to maybe a couple times a week.

To answer the question for me, eggwhites are super versatile, cottage cheese can be used to make a ton of stuff creamy, poultry is great and tuna of course. I'll make and freeze seitan every so often as well. And my protein powder supplier basically makes it a no brained; it is so much cheaper, not to mention easy to access. Sometimes you just want really efficient protein so you can have more fun stuff.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Chicken, beef, fage yogurt, protein drink, tuna, seafood, bone broth
  • mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    chicken, beef, whey and to my work colleagues horror a tub of cottage cheese a day.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Cottage cheese, salmon, tofu. And sure, chicken.
  • luxduca1
    luxduca1 Posts: 329 Member
    Chicken tuna salmon protein shakes
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Tuna here

To answer the question for me, eggwhites are super versatile, cottage cheese can be used to make a ton of stuff creamy, poultry is great and tuna of course. I'll make and freeze seitan every so often as well. And my protein powder supplier basically makes it a no brained; it is so much cheaper, not to mention easy to access. Sometimes you just want really efficient protein so you can have more fun stuff.

That’s how I feel about my protein powder. I mean, 24g for 90 calories? Leaves a lot of room in my diet for some fun stuff.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Tuna here

That’s how I feel about my protein powder. I mean, 24g for 90 calories? Leaves a lot of room in my diet for some fun stuff.

where are you getting yours from??? Mine is 24 for 127 and I thought that was great. Though I imagine mine is quite inexpensive comparatively.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    eggs, beans, chickpeas, lentils, dairy products & nut butters are the main ones.

beef and chicken - consume way less often but I do eat those on occasion.
  • arcticrusty
    arcticrusty Posts: 1 Member
    Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Edamame
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

I usually clean up 10lbs and stage in Tupperware in the fridge.

Then I either dice it up and Wok it with veggies or lately I've slapped it on a Foreman grill for seven minutes after some olive oil, pepper, & Adobo. I usually have some homemade bbq sauce in fridge(bbq sauce, honey, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, drippings from broiled ribs) and just top it off.

It is cooked by the time I'm ready to plate it and have my drink and everything on the table.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Tuna here

where are you getting yours from??? Mine is 24 for 127 and I thought that was great. Though I imagine mine is quite inexpensive comparatively.

From Amazon. I was slightly off though. It’s 23g for 100 calories. I usually mix with a can of Minute Maid Light lemonade so that’s another 15 calories.

Syntrax Nectar 2lb Protein Powder Bottle - Roadside Lemonade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2FZWLK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Q7KhDbP9M7Y1Y
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    edited July 2019
    Lol why are these posts getting a woo??! Who woos food??? 😂😂😂
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Lol why are these posts getting a woo??! Who woos food??? 😂😂😂

People with no life & who apparently disagree that said food sources are protein rich foods...c'mon no one said something inaccurate like banana FFS
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Eggs, yogurt, fish, shellfish, legumes
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Whey. It's the king of protein and is lowest cost per gram.

I'll have 2x 40g shakes, 2 eggs, half a chicken breast some milk and cheese for my daily protein goals.
  • becomingamachine
    becomingamachine Posts: 4 Member
    Tofu, seitan, peas, beans, nuts, veggies.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    tuna and PB2
  • drebmc
    drebmc Posts: 23 Member
    tuna, egg and legumes