Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Healthy One Handed Meals!

olivebegonia1olivebegonia1 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
Hi!

This is a tough one...

I recently started a new career (September) and I've since hard a really hard time with meals...

My new job finds me driving a LOT. Breakfasts and lunches are generally consumed one-handed as I barrel down the road. This, along with the stress and depression that came along with a new career, has caused my weight to rise to it's highest ever. I'm really hoping for some low-cal, low-carb meals that are satisfying, don't require refrigeration or heating, and can be eaten safely and comfortably with one hand.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• olivebegonia1olivebegonia1 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    There's no safe way to drive with one hand. Is it worth killing yourself or others?
    Get up 15 minutes earlier so you can have breakfast at home before you leave.
    Take 15 minutes parked in your car to eat a sandwich for lunch.
    My husband was hit by a distracted driver while he was riding his bike and has permanent injuries.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 18,507Member Member Posts: 18,507Member Member
    Smoothies.

However, do address the stress and depression. Are you exercising regularly? It is crucial for my mental health to make the time to exercise regularly.

If we don't take the time to care for ourselves, we're not doing our employers, clients, friends, and family any favors, as they are getting the stressed version of ourselves, not the best version.
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Posts: 4,328Member Member Posts: 4,328Member Member
    Smoothie is about the safest thing I could recommend besides just taking 5 min to eat before driving. Spirutein is loaded with vitamins, so you can just add whatever milk you like or coffee. Or any protein powder with some frozen fruit or veggies blended in. I've thought about how I would handle a long commute plus long work hours and this is what I thought would work for me(coffee protein shake). Other grab and go items would be trail mix/nuts and fruits like banana or apple, and protein bars but to eat at work or for snack.
  • Miss_Snow_WhiteMiss_Snow_White Posts: 55Member Member Posts: 55Member Member
    I like GNC total lean shake or the total lean burn (the burn shakes have caffeine) shakes. They're a nice meal replacement and they are pretty damn taste and easy to drink. Sorry the app won't let me share a pic. But the mocha ones are my favorite.
    edited July 14
  • JCoop9JCoop9 Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    Besides the safety aspect, there is a lot of value in pausing during your work day to nourish your body. You are worth it!