Healthy One Handed Meals!

Options

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

Even over the road truck drivers are required to take breaks and log it. There is no way you can't take 5-20 min break in an 8-9 hour day. With all due respect, that is ridiculous. I was in business for 30 plus years. Our employees ALWAYS got a break. actually two 15 MIN breaks and an hour lunch.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    For quick breakfasts you could make up egg muffins with bacon, spinach and cheese and keep in the frig or freezer. Pop them in the microwave for 1 min and you can eat them as you go out the door. For lunches you could make meatballs or meatloaf in a muffin tin. Then when you stop you could grab one and eat it fairly quickly. Taking boiled eggs with you would also work. Schedule your eating with bite size items when you come to a stop. It might take a while to get your lunch in but it certainly would keep you from being starved when you get home.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Have you ever lost a loved one to a road accident?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Guys, come on. You've got valid concerns, but she wasn't asking to be mothered. Eating and driving are FAR from the worst thing you could do while driving. @olivebegonia1 I'm not sure what field you are working in, but just from the schedule alone, I'm guessing it could be something along the lines of what I was doing several years ago which was a form of in-home care/transportation for people with developmental disabilities.

To all saying, she needs to speak with her boss? GTFO of here with that schtick. Unless you've worked that field, and done what she is doing, you have no right to speak on the matter. It's as simple as, that is how those schedules work, end of story.

[snip]

Eh, I've always been a "push back when employers want me to break the rules/law" type of person, going back to when I was in the military. She thinks talking to her boss is futile? First, I bet she doesn't have a boss who hates everyone not a white male from Texas. Second, chain of command. Eventually she'd get to someone who says "Of course we don't want you doing a 30 minute route in 20 minutes."

I promise you there are some good, kind and caring white males in Texas.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Slight suspicion that the one person posting above that driving whilst eating is just fine and also defending every stance the OP took, is actually the OP on another account or a friend who has been directed to post in her defence. New account, her first post, coming in strong and with no other messages on any other topic?

Might be an idea to just let this thread lapse! 😉

If there isn't, there should be a forum rule about this. I keep getting jailed for calling out obvious spammers. Sock puppets are incredibly disruptive and actively unhelpful in any forum.