Tattoo sleeves on women!

Options
I have many tattoos but want a half sleeve. What are your opinions on them? If you have one, can I see your pics?!

Replies

• pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think sleeves look cool on anybody! I like them best when they fit a theme/style & look really "put together"
  • jaygirl8628
    Options
    I think sleeves look good. Get something nice that you will not regret... Make it beautiful art work! I always admire women who are brave enough to get sleeves
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!
  • wesleycneill
    wesleycneill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If the design is original, tasteful and flows with your body then it is one of the sexiest things in the world.

BUT, women and men both tend to get stupid tattoos with little or no meaning and they aren't thought out in respect to body type and shape. A real tattoo isn't about drawing something cool on your skin. It's about making your body more aesthetic as well as artistic. IMHO.

I've got a half sleeve, soon to be a 3/4 (when I get back to the states next year)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's really a good look on anyone, to be quite frank. If you want to do it, go ahead, but it's not something I would really do.
  • wesleycneill
    wesleycneill Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

I've seen plenty of great looking women with sleeves. They don't stop looking good in their thirties. They are either good tattoos that last, or they were **** from the beginning and you just didn't realize it because you were too young and dumb to think it out first.
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I want a full sleeve. I think they look amazing on women!
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Never taken the time to learn how to post pics.. I have a leg piece on my calf that is pretty big and wraps around.
    I know quite a few women that have sleeves and I think they are absolutely beautiful!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40's, I have tattoos. I love them however I had some tattoos in my 20's which I ended up hating so have had laser to remove them. So I would say please think about what you're having and don't rush into it. xx
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Depends on how well its done. Some are really sexy hot looking. Lots of color you dont want to look like u just have a black sleeve.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

i immediately went to you profile assuming you were being sarcastic and that you yourself are tatted up. but sadly i cant tell.

tell us more about why you are the trusted authority on sleeves on women.

edited to add a picture i took of my lovely friend faith. i lerves her sleeve....
    DSC0670_edit_zps2c09ec80.jpg
  • happyjerseygirl123
    happyjerseygirl123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you do for a living but most offices have a no show policy regarding tattoos , so keep that in mind if you ever plan to work in a professional environment that you may have to always wear long sleeves to cover your ink. Also keep in mind that even if that does not apply to your life now, sometime in your future it may. Good luck either way!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg

I just came.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Consider your career aspirations. If you go into a professional environment be prepared to always wear long sleeves. Others wise no problem...just make sure the artist is good, you always wear sunscreen, and think long and hard about the design.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I used to not be a fan but anymore there is just something so sexy about it.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have seen plenty of hot women with tattoos, but I think they are much much hotter without.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy....Oh and they don't hurt either.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My opinion shouldn't matter one iota to you. Get tats if you like them, don't get tats if you don't.

As for covering at the office, it is a PITA, but I like my tats and it's worth it to me.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Consider your career aspirations. If you go into a professional environment be prepared to always wear long sleeves. Others wise no problem...just make sure the artist is good, you always wear sunscreen, and think long and hard about the design.

This...sleeves can be very tasteful & beautiful, given the design & artist.