Tattoo sleeves on women!

Replies

• don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg

She's a beautiful young woman, but most people on the planet don't look like that.

The OP asked for honest opinions, so I hope the finger pointers don't come screeching how narrow minded some people are who don't love tats. My opinion to the OP is that it's nothing I would ever do to my body, but if it makes you happy and you find it beautiful, than go for it. Your body, your choice.
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    I have a full sleeve, I also have a chest piece and lots of other tattoos, I'm biased, I'm a professional body piercer and looking at become a tattooist. It's about lifestyle for me, and I guess a personal rebellion against traditional definitions of beauty. I don't have tattoos that really "mean something" I have tattoos I enjoy because it is an art form. Do what you want, I wouldn't tell people not to get tattooed or that they should, it's a personal decision, and everyone is different.
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Also to those people concerned about covering the tattoos in a professional environment : DERMABLEND!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    I have a 3/4 sleeve. I don't regret it and never will. No pictures of it I can get to at the moment. I highly suggest a great artist. Covering up in a professional environment is really not that bad. Cardigans and a tatjacket for when I don't want to wear a long sleeve button up shirt.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    I love sleeves on women, I want one so much, but have to save for a wedding first :sad:
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    I have both arms done and am in my 30's, I've never regretted any of my tattoos, in fact if I didn't have them it would be quite weird, my advice would be to find a great artist and sit down with them and discuss what you want, go for something original, of course there's going to be heaps of people out there saying don't do it, blah blah blah, but I think those people either don't have any tattoos at all or have really **** tattoos.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Can be sexy if done right
  • if that's what you want, go for it. I personally only get mine where they can be covered for work.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Sleeves on men or women are hot as **** :love:
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Sleeves on men or women are hot as **** :love:

^^^^^THIS
    So sexy when done right.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    I don't know what you do for a living but most offices have a no show policy regarding tattoos , so keep that in mind if you ever plan to work in a professional environment that you may have to always wear long sleeves to cover your ink. Also keep in mind that even if that does not apply to your life now, sometime in your future it may. Good luck either way!

^ This.

When I had a large upper arm tattoo done very few of my contemparies did. Now I have had mine removed and many of my girl friends have full sleeves. Some really beautiful designs of flowers and koi carp.

But get used to wearing long sleeves AND sunscreen and staying in the shade in the summer (to stop them from fading).
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    I wouldnt do it,. but I have seen some amazing work! If that is what youre into, go for it!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    I find them unbelievably sexy...so I would say go for it if you want one
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    I have many tattoos but want a half sleeve. What are your opinions on them? If you have one, can I see your pics?!

thumbs down to tattoo sleeves on women (just my opinion)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Nothin sexier than a woman with a sleeve - as long as it's pretty colours :smile:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I think it looks good depending on the person. I have a tattoo on each arm (among other places), but I personally wouldn't get a sleeve.
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    tumblr_lzek3fGhos1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    It looks really good on people that are younger, like 45 and under (maybe older depending on your arms). Otherwise think of when you're really old with bat wing arms.... Yikes! Just my opinion... The body wrinkles and ages and we all get that way eventually. You never see pictures of grannies sporting them for a reason. (Nothing "wrong" with it, just not my cup of tea)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    f*cking love it - sexy
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    I have a half sleeve, would eventually like to get both arms fully sleeved! I think there is a picture of it in my profile - koi, cherry blossoms and a chrysanthemum :smile: