Tattoo sleeves on women!

Options

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Want half sleeve for work purposes - my entire back it tattoo but want that finished as well. Like the idea if it is your thing.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    29y1jpe.jpg
    1z2d4p0.jpg
    2e17t3l.jpg

Sleeves in progress.
    Also have throat tats.
    25, started when I was 16.
    I work in a very professional environment. I have my own office, am salaried with full benefits. I used to be the sales assistant/front desk girl and had to keep them covered. With my promotion, they don't worry about it at all. Our company has offices all over the Midwest and south and my coworkers all over love to meet me and see my tats after seeing them on our intracompany site. The President of our company visits often and was surprised to see me covered in tattoos after I got my promotion and he saw me for the first time with short sleeves and hair up. I have coworkers who don't like them, but I do my job well and they never insult me, and they respect me.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't have sleeves, but I do like them. Sometimes, I wish I had more tattoos ...to weed the jerks out of my life who would base their opinion of me on what I look like and instead of who I am. Sort of like losing weight and getting fit just to look good, and hurting yourself to get there (diet pills, starving yourself, etc) ....
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ive had a half sleeve for many years. Planning to extend to full.

I've worked in an extremely professional & huge company for years - with no issue.
    Hardly anyone knows I even have it.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Get whatever you want.

Some people will tell you that sleeves don't look good on girls, but that's just their personal opinion which should not at all weigh in on what you want.

My sister got a sleeve done on her right calve and it looks awesome. I don't have a link to the photo, but it's really colorful and beautiful. She had written a poem and had a friend of hers who's a tattoo artist make up a tattoo based on that poem, so it's completely original work. Very steampunk-y, clocks and cogs and maps and ... well ... all thumbs up. :P
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have some pictures in my profile (and apparently need better ones of my sleeves). Full sleeve on left arm, half on the right. At the time that I had them done I was wearing long sleeves and scrubs, so it wasn't a factor. Now, if need be, I'll just wear cardigans. Most people compliment me. For the ones that don't like them, I'm not too worried. I have them for me, and I don't necessarily like the way everyone looks either (do I really need to mention tapered jeans with white tennis shoes?) To each their own :wink:
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For the OP - go for it. If this is your first, make sure you find an excellent artist.

For those who say you'll have to always cover it for any job - my husband is a high school teacher and has both wrists done. Everyone knows and nobody cares. I work in higher ed and have one up the side of my leg, I don't hide it either.

I plan on getting another one on my side once I get my stomach/side area in better shape. Will there come a day when I'm not in perfect shape, probably, but ...

For those who talk about regretting it when you're old

8158f4ce-4ff1-45af-8da6-c5849f01bc98_zps1ed6628f.jpg
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I've decided to have it done anyway, regardless of what people think. I'm not doing it to attract guys or make people like me. I wanna do it because I want to. I was just interested to see what people thought of sleeves on women. As for work, I don't give a toss. I can always cover up. Or, if I don't get a job because of it then I'll go for another.But I don't have to worry about that until my babies are at school! Thanks to all of you for your comments...especially my fellow tattooed friends ;)
  • Kdhuynh54
    Options
    half sleeve, full back piece, leg piece. pics are on my profile...my sleeve is five years old with no fading at all. doctoral degree. does not hinder my career since there is no dress code...i wear a white coat that covers them up most of the day anyways. i don't get what all the hate is about.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    half sleeve, full back piece, leg piece. pics are on my profile...my sleeve is five years old with no fading at all. doctoral degree. does not hinder my career since there is no dress code...i wear a white coat that covers them up most of the day anyways. i don't get what all the hate is about.
    Me neither :-/ You're a perfect example :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have a half sleeve and it has never once hindered me in the work place.

At a previous job I had to cover it. Some days I would have to wrap it in an Ace bandage. I had more customers telling me they were offended that I had to cover it over actually having it.

The job I just quit, it did not matter at all that I had it.

My new job's uniform is long sleeved, so you can't see it anyway.

I am 29 and got my first tattoo at 17. I do not regret any of them. I have 11 plus my sleeve. I want more. I do not care how I will look when I am old.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i've seen a girl on youtube with a sleeve tattoo, it looks great. very chic and edgy. if that's your style, go for it. but also think if that's suitable for your work environment. i don't think it's very appropriate if you work in an office enviroment, especially big company
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

HA. I am in my thirties...with sleeves...and 1) Don't regret it and 2) I look pretty damn awesome regardless of the sleeves and other tattoos. I am like a piece of art that is even more fun to look at naked. BOOM.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Any tattoo that is not in a hidden location is stupid, unless you either already have established yourself or don't plan on going into a "real" career path.
    You can argue over discrimination, self-choice, or whatever you want for as long as you want, but people will not hire those with a large number of tats, you strongly limit your potential

I have several tats, but all are easily hidden for a reason. Who wants an attorney with sleeves?

Who cares? I felt more comfortable with the attorney I hired because I saw he had sleeves hiding under his dress shirt. My OBGYN who delivered two out of three of my kids had full sleeves. I am pretty sure that is a real career. My sister is 24, has quite a few visible tattoos and owns her own home with a great job working as a paralegal. One of my best friends works for NIke as a graphic designer and makes more money than most people twice his age and is fully sleeved and has tattoos on his hands and all the way up to his neck.
    Your point is what?
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I love them but only if the artwork is top quality. I've seen some really horribly-executed tats and sleeves. It's really up to you and what you want though. Make the decision for yourself.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a PhD, work for the federal government, and go to meetings with Generals. I also have 9 tattoos--including a chest piece and most of my lower legs--that I show openly at work every day. Doesn't seem to stop me from getting promoted, invited to participate in conferences, and otherwise pursue my career. And I'm not even the most heavily tattooed person in my office.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Any tattoo that is not in a hidden location is stupid, unless you either already have established yourself or don't plan on going into a "real" career path.
    You can argue over discrimination, self-choice, or whatever you want for as long as you want, but people will not hire those with a large number of tats, you strongly limit your potential

I have several tats, but all are easily hidden for a reason. Who wants an attorney with sleeves?

Actually I have a sleve, both hands, knuckles, full chest and neck tattoos and I can look forward to any career I want. I'm considering doing a Batchelor of learning management to become a high school history teacher, and I know that my state will hire me regardless of how I look or my tattoos assuming I don't have something legitimately offensive. So to suggest anyone with visible tattoos can look forward to being perpetually unemployed or working sh*itty jobs is just rediculous. I would have a harder time finding a job making coffees than in the public education sector, and find it hilarious people would think I am somehow unfit to make coffee but will entrust someone "like me" with the education of the adolescents. It's also pointless to tell people to 'only get tattoos they can cover' when there are products like dermablend on the market. Watch this video and tell me how your only options will be long sleves for the rest of your life.
    http://youtu.be/9mIBKifOOQQ

If it only worked that way, the world would be a better place.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I have a PhD, work for the federal government, and go to meetings with Generals. I also have 9 tattoos--including a chest piece and most of my lower legs--that I show openly at work every day. Doesn't seem to stop me from getting promoted, invited to participate in conferences, and otherwise pursue my career. And I'm not even the most heavily tattooed person in my office.

They aren't hiring you for your looks per say.
  • Dersasaurus
    Dersasaurus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One of the hottest women of crossfit Christmas Abbott :love:

christmas-abbott.jpeg

Ermeghad, she's so gorgeous!
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Actually I have a sleve, both hands, knuckles, full chest and neck tattoos and I can look forward to any career I want. I'm considering doing a Batchelor of learning management to become a high school history teacher, and I know that my state will hire me regardless of how I look or my tattoos assuming I don't have something legitimately offensive. So to suggest anyone with visible tattoos can look forward to being perpetually unemployed or working sh*itty jobs is just rediculous. I would have a harder time finding a job making coffees than in the public education sector, and find it hilarious people would think I am somehow unfit to make coffee but will entrust someone "like me" with the education of the adolescents. It's also pointless to tell people to 'only get tattoos they can cover' when there are products like dermablend on the market. Watch this video and tell me how your only options will be long sleves for the rest of your life.
    http://youtu.be/9mIBKifOOQQ

If it only worked that way, the world would be a better place.

Shun the non-believer. I live in qld Australia and tattoos are written into the antindiscirminatoon act so it kinda does work that way, as for the dermablend, dermablend actually does work.