Tattoo sleeves on women!

Options

Replies

• sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    They are extremely hot!! I have started both arms and love them. You can see them in pics.
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Tattoos on women are just freakin' hot!! :love:
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are kick *kitten*.

I want a Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli sleeve so bad *___*

I'm a professional engineer and work in an office. Luckily the business world seems to be getting a bit more relaxed about body mods, but I want to wait until I have gotten a bit more established in my field before starting such a large piece.
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    I think when it comes to tattoos if you love them, that is all that counts. I would caution to do some serious soul searching about the ones you choose on your arm before you get it done. You might not hate your tattoos in your 30's and beyond but plenty of people who like tattoos have tattoos they regret just because they got something trendy, they had bad work done or something that just simply was "not them" anymore.

Me personally I would never get sleeved. That's just not me. But I've seen beautiful work on other women and it suited them. I do have cherry blossoms on my back that touch the top of my arm and I love them. And I always will love them, because they're me. :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

THIS!
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

THIS!

Considering the flood tide of people on this post alone who would disagree with you, it's safe to say that tattoos are for people who like them, and not for people who think they are unattractive. There's no science or debate. You either like, them, want them, and get them, and date people who have them because you are attracted to it, or you don't.

The eeeeeeeend.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So hot..... The end
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    If you seriously want to do it, then do it. Someone previously mentioned career aspirations - I think that may play into it, but it also depends on where you live. Here in the SF Bay Area of California, not too many employers would bat an eye. I'm professional - I have my entire back done that very rarely now and again peeks through and someone will always ask to see it.

I also have my nose pierced and gauges in my ear. I work for a religious, elder care corporation. Before here, I worked for the school district for 10 years.

Give it some serious thought, however - a sleeve isn't really the type of tat you just get on a 'whim'!!!

Best of luck to you. :-)
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have. I'm doing it. And as for career? Well, I will just have to get a job where my employers don't mind. I really don't care about that!!

Exactly, why worry about long term consequences when making a permanent decisions. It'll just work itself out, no worries.

Dermablend plus setting powder. Then there are no consequences as long as you aren't afraid of a little makeup.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think they are super hot
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg

LMAO! As a tattooed woman, this post rocks.
    I just came.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am a 30+ year old woman who is working on a left sleeve and I have a chest piece. I would recommend doing what you want. Don't base it on a bunch of people on the internet. People are *kitten*. I am successful in my job, have amazing friends, and love my tattoos. My personal thing is, can I cover them if I want to? I can, so it works for me. Do what works for you!
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If you want a tattoo get it. If you don't have tattoos already maybe you should get a small one somewhere to make sure you like it before jumping straight into sleeves. There are special effects products (forget the name) that look EXACTLY like a tattoo - you could play with that and see if you like how it'd look. Consider repercussions and be happy.
  • zensugi
    zensugi Posts: 76
    Options
    I think they look insanely tacky in older women.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    This "when you're 110 you'll regret it" argument is a tad bit moot, no? What 60+ y/o women are such sex goddesses that every inch of their body is in pristine condition? Oh, grandkids? Because every old woman is skimping around in bikinis infront of the gkids. I mean, I'm not getting tattoos but rest assured something will be way worse looking on me than a fadded, wrinkly tattoo in my older years. ;)
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Options
    If the design is original, tasteful and flows with your body then it is one of the sexiest things in the world.

BUT, women and men both tend to get stupid tattoos with little or no meaning and they aren't thought out in respect to body type and shape. A real tattoo isn't about drawing something cool on your skin. It's about making your body more aesthetic as well as artistic. IMHO.

I've got a half sleeve, soon to be a 3/4 (when I get back to the states next year)

what he said ^^^^ ... i have just got the 1 atm. needs more added to it.. ill upload a pic
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone tells me I'll look horribly when I'm 80 years old, I ask them how attractive they think they'll be at that age. Tattoos on people aren't as taboo as they were twenty years ago and are becoming more accepted into society. I work a professional job and I have yet to be asked to cover them up. This is generally because my reputation speaks volumes more than my appearance. I act like a professional and dress like a professional. Anyone that has a negative perception of me based on my outer appearance usually shuts up after they hear me give a presentation.
  • dem_bonez
    Options
    I think that they look great but, for practicality reasons they're probably really helpful when it's cold out.
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Love sleeves on women
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg

LMAO! As a tattooed woman, this post rocks.
    I just came.

I want them. I want them all.