Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

In your 60’s

12021222325

Replies

  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 484Member Member Posts: 484Member Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello everyone, Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I ended up eating a serving of 3 desserts but besides that I didn't overeat the main meal. I just can't eat the way I used to, as far as the amount, it makes me feel sick,even if I wanted to. Anyone else like that?
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello everyone, Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I ended up eating a serving of 3 desserts but besides that I didn't overeat the main meal. I just can't eat the way I used to, as far as the amount, it makes me feel sick,even if I wanted to. Anyone else like that?

    Yes I have found that too I have small portion now
  • swim777swim777 Posts: 570Member Member Posts: 570Member Member
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Chilly and rainy here today. We put our tree up and decorated the porch. Hoping for a warmer and drier day tomorrow. Trying to navigate the leftovers, especially the pies! I managed to send most them home with family, but still have some pecan pie lurking around. :). I had some Thursday so I got back on track Friday. I’m not getting enough exercise this weekend but hoping for a sunny week!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,742Member Member Posts: 1,742Member Member
    Was going to post this somewhere else, but thought this group might understand my excitement more. I did my first 5k on Thanksgiving Day. Of course, I walked it, my time was 63 minutes. That's faster than I go on the treadmill, and it was raining & cold. (39 degrees when we were done) Pretty proud of myself, lol.

    That's awesome, @RetiredAndLovingIt. I usually walk solo with my pup, but I do like the energy that comes from walking in a race.
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 484Member Member Posts: 484Member Member
    Was going to post this somewhere else, but thought this group might understand my excitement more. I did my first 5k on Thanksgiving Day. Of course, I walked it, my time was 63 minutes. That's faster than I go on the treadmill, and it was raining & cold. (39 degrees when we were done) Pretty proud of myself, lol.

    That's awesome, @RetiredAndLovingIt. I usually walk solo with my pup, but I do like the energy that comes from walking in a race.
    Was going to post this somewhere else, but thought this group might understand my excitement more. I did my first 5k on Thanksgiving Day. Of course, I walked it, my time was 63 minutes. That's faster than I go on the treadmill, and it was raining & cold. (39 degrees when we were done) Pretty proud of myself, lol.

    Well done such a good feel factor to it really boosts your confidence!
  • EvamuttEvamutt Posts: 1,626Member Member Posts: 1,626Member Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt wow, great achievement, especially in that cold weather, brrr. It's been cold & rainy where I live too. I just got back from taking one of my dogs for walk while it stopped raining. We walked 2 miles. I do feel bad for my other dogs, who are seniors & can't really walk much but love going to dog park & wander around at their own pace. I don't know when I can take them next since it's supposed to rain all week. We have a lot of ham left over, which I love but it has so much sodium in it, I go over my sodium limit every day
  • RetiredAndLovingItRetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 635Member Member Posts: 635Member Member
    We usually walk around the neighborhood or on my treadmill, but daughter & gkids wanted to do the Thanksgiving Hog Jog, so we decided to join them.
  • amy19355amy19355 Posts: 722Member, Premium Member Posts: 722Member, Premium Member
    Good afternoon ladies I hope your all having a good day.
    Those that have counted calories before, do you find you become more disciplined and more aware of what your eating.
    It’s so easy on Slimming World to eat so much, and I never lose the weight and keep it of?
    Diane

    When I stopped trying 'diets' and started counting calories (using a scale to weigh portions), I finally was able to lose weight and keep it off.

    I do meal prep with measured portions at approx 350 calories per, and at 1570 per day allotted, I can grab 4 of them without doing any more thought about it, and still have room for a small snack somewhere in the day.
  • darren556gdarren556g Posts: 44Member Member Posts: 44Member Member
    Hi guys,
    I was just curious and took a gander at this thread, because i'm also helping my dad with his diet since he just turned 64, and i must say that you guys are inspiring. Keep up the awesome work.
  • GreenValliGreenValli Posts: 742Member Member Posts: 742Member Member
    Hello,

    I have been using MFP for several years, but still struggle with keeping weight off, especially around holidays and events. I try to stick to 1300 calories a day, and usually can do that especially if I exercise. It is hard to lose weight and I have a job that is completely at a desk I sit at. So I do go to the gym about 3 times a week.

    I had lost 75 pounds but 10 crept back on when I wasn't looking. (Truthfully, I did get lazy and did not keep track of my calories for a while.) Now I am back to it! But it is SO slow! But I am not giving up. My goal is to lose about 50 pounds more.

    I will keep in touch with this thread, Once upon a time, I used Weight Watchers and knowing that other people were in my shoes made it easier to stick to the program. I hope that you'all might be that support that I need again.



  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,608Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,608Member, Premium Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Hello,

    I have been using MFP for several years, but still struggle with keeping weight off, especially around holidays and events. I try to stick to 1300 calories a day, and usually can do that especially if I exercise. It is hard to lose weight and I have a job that is completely at a desk I sit at. So I do go to the gym about 3 times a week.

    I had lost 75 pounds but 10 crept back on when I wasn't looking. (Truthfully, I did get lazy and did not keep track of my calories for a while.) Now I am back to it! But it is SO slow! But I am not giving up. My goal is to lose about 50 pounds more.

    I will keep in touch with this thread, Once upon a time, I used Weight Watchers and knowing that other people were in my shoes made it easier to stick to the program. I hope that you'all might be that support that I need again.



    If you remain true to what you are doing, I'd be hard pressed to worry about small weight gains. Being a retiree, I've had the luxury of time, but prior to 2019 that didn't matter because I allowed painful deteriorating, un-treated joint issues to suck all the will and determination right on out of me! Only the decision that I'd had enough of that and my 2019 hip replacements salvaged that. I have been on cruise control ever since...and loving it! More and better exercise, a forty pound and counting weight loss plus amazingly improved demeanor. The lesson, should you decide to accept, stay with what you're doing, make the neccessary adjustments and by all means if you feel you've got physical issues DO NOT hesitate to get them checked and/or treated!! I did that and it was the worst mistake of my life next to smoking (approaching 10 years a quitter)!
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,608Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,608Member, Premium Member
    darren556g wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I was just curious and took a gander at this thread, because i'm also helping my dad with his diet since he just turned 64, and i must say that you guys are inspiring. Keep up the awesome work.

    64 can be the start of good things!! Major kudos on efforts with your dad!! Best wishes for getting him on the good road!!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,742Member Member Posts: 1,742Member Member
    For anyone looking for support, consider joining this group. Lots of good folks there who know the struggles and will help you and encourage you. I joined last year and I'm going to reenlist for next year.

    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10774651/need-motivation-and-support-for-2020-get-a-head-start-now-by-joining-our-group-now#latest
  • mikebxbmikebxb Posts: 29Member, Premium Member Posts: 29Member, Premium Member
    turned 64 early Nov 2019. Started this MFP 11/6/19 at 227lbs. Today 217 219lbs ( my scales are funky) I'm attacking Carbs and Fat Grams) My goal is 185. I too cant believe how many foods are unhealthy. I'm minimizing bread / tortillas replacing with lettuce. Melaleuca and Protein brkfst shakes with 1.5 oz fresh kale, 2 oz O J, 2 oz Cranberry juice and 20z cold processed Aloe vera drink. Trading ruffles for pork rinds and fresh carrots. Still some dressing and the Wife's great garlic mashed taters in fridge and they call out to me but........I resist. Oh, and I take CoQ10 'ohbeautifulqueen'
    edited December 5
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 484Member Member Posts: 484Member Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    turned 64 early Nov 2019. Started this MFP 11/6/19 at 227lbs. Today 217 219lbs ( my scales are funky) I'm attacking Carbs and Fat Grams) My goal is 185. I too cant believe how many foods are unhealthy. I'm minimizing bread / tortillas replacing with lettuce. Melaleuca and Protein brkfst shakes with 1.5 oz fresh kale, 2 oz O J, 2 oz Cranberry juice and 20z cold processed Aloe vera drink. Trading ruffles for pork rinds and fresh carrots. Still some dressing and the Wife's great garlic mashed taters in fridge and they call out to me but........I resist. Oh, and I take CoQ10 'ohbeautifulqueen'
    mikebxb wrote: »
    turned 64 early Nov 2019. Started this MFP 11/6/19 at 227lbs. Today 217 219lbs ( my scales are funky) I'm attacking Carbs and Fat Grams) My goal is 185. I too cant believe how many foods are unhealthy. I'm minimizing bread / tortillas replacing with lettuce. Melaleuca and Protein brkfst shakes with 1.5 oz fresh kale, 2 oz O J, 2 oz Cranberry juice and 20z cold processed Aloe vera drink. Trading ruffles for pork rinds and fresh carrots. Still some dressing and the Wife's great garlic mashed taters in fridge and they call out to me but........I resist. Oh, and I take CoQ10 'ohbeautifulqueen'

    It's an adventure enjoy the discovery
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,742Member Member Posts: 1,742Member Member
    Hey there! Just checking in and trying to keep this thread active. What are you all up to these days? Back in the gym this morning - no pain - I'll take that any day!
  • geraldaltmangeraldaltman Posts: 1,608Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,608Member, Premium Member
    121 minutes of pool calesthenics this afternoon. Otherwise, hanging in and enjoying my days, much more than I did a year ago. 😊
  • Sooty2020Sooty2020 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    60 in May 2020 🙈 looking to be healthy and a little fitter. 20 pounds off needed and any advise welcomed 😊
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 484Member Member Posts: 484Member Member
    Sooty2020 wrote: »
    60 in May 2020 🙈 looking to be healthy and a little fitter. 20 pounds off needed and any advise welcomed 😊

    Sounds like a good plan, exercise regularly, record food intake and stick at it.
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 484Member Member Posts: 484Member Member
    121 minutes of pool calesthenics this afternoon. Otherwise, hanging in and enjoying my days, much more than I did a year ago. 😊

    It's great your enjoying life more that's what makes it worth it!
Sign In or Register to comment.