Do you use butter or margarine?

Options

Replies

• angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Neither, I'm an olive oil user through and through. I throw some flax oil in there too from time to time....But if I had to choose, I'd probably say butter. Just because it has natural ingredients and margarine not so much.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Butter. Always. Forever. :wink:
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Margarine scares me - lol - so I use butter - but sparingly. :bigsmile:
  • swolf19
    swolf19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We use butter. However, I have used margarine in baking recipes.
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    Loving all the butter lovers.

I'm a baker and its butter or bust for me. people who try to make butter cream icing with margarine, and then complain that it doesn't taste right drive me crazy!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Another vote for real butter. :love:
    But I get the light butter, or the brand with less calories.
    light butter = watered down butter which is then thickened & colored up with a buncha stuff :sick:
    Ingredients: Butter (Cream, Salt), Water*, Buttermilk*, Contains Less Than 2% of Food Starch-Modified*, Tapioca Maltodextrin*, Salt, Distilled Monoglycerides*, Lactic Acid*, Potassium Sorbate* and Sodium Benzoate* (Preservatives), PGPR* (emulsifier), Natural Flavor*, Xanthan Gum*, Vitamin A Palmitate*, Beta Carotene* (color).
    *Ingredients not found in regular butter.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Unsalted Butter or nothing.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Butter is better than the low fat crap! Butter is good fats! low fat is processed and not good!!
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Another vote for real butter. :love:
    But I get the light butter, or the brand with less calories.
    light butter = watered down butter which is then thickened & colored up with a buncha stuff :sick:
    Ingredients: Butter (Cream, Salt), Water*, Buttermilk*, Contains Less Than 2% of Food Starch-Modified*, Tapioca Maltodextrin*, Salt, Distilled Monoglycerides*, Lactic Acid*, Potassium Sorbate* and Sodium Benzoate* (Preservatives), PGPR* (emulsifier), Natural Flavor*, Xanthan Gum*, Vitamin A Palmitate*, Beta Carotene* (color).
    *Ingredients not found in regular butter.

YUP!
    Butter is better than the low fat crap! Butter is good fats! low fat is processed and not good!!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    easy answer. None of it :)
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    as Julia Child said..."if you fear butter, use cream." :laugh:
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Margarine is the devil!! And very close to being a plastic.
  • dottylois
    Options
    BUTTER!!!
    :love:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I don't eat butter very often, but when I have corn on the cob or boiled potatoes, I want butter and I want the real stuff. Margarine is just gross to me.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Butter! its the only way to bake :)
    I was brought up eating margarine and always hated the taste/mouth feel, especially in a sandwich.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Butter. It is natural and my body can digest it properly. I ain't skeered of a little natural fat, just use it in small amounts.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Definitely butter. I don't know why people are scared of fat, except that's what we were preached to for the last 30 years (at least). And we're all so lean and healthy these days! I haven't been skimping on fat for several months and I'm way leaner now than when I watched the fat and ate more grains. In fact, my BF has dropped below 20%. Fat is so just satiating. A whole avocado, real cream in your coffee, bacon.... Bring it on!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Margarine is the devil!! And very close to being a plastic.

Oh please! H2O vs H2O2. Doesn't make water is the devil.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Beef tallow. My main use for refined fat is frying and clarified butter is a PITA to get my hands on around here.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I can't bring myself to eat margarine for a whole host of reasons, even though butter has more fat and calories I still believe its much better for me than margarine.

What does everyone else use?

I use both actually.