Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.
    August 06 - 2 1/2 drinks. Kind of different that I couldn't finish my 3rd drink, I put it in the freezer. Tuesdays are the days that I sort of have scheduled to have a few drinks if I want them. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that I planned AF for a Tuesday. All good.
    August 07 - AF
    August 08 - 2 drinks (8oz red wine). It was lovely after a fantastic active day.
    August 09 - 1 beer, 1 wine at the festival
    August 10 - 2 wine
    August 11 - 3 drinks - so much for not doing 2 days in a row. I will get back on track.
    August 12 - AF - Back home and of course 3 pounds heavier. For sure I danced and walked lots, so it could have been 6 pounds. Getting on track.
    August 13 - AF - Tuesday, my sort of planned day to have a few drinks, but seeing as I had drinks 4 days in a row on my holiday I needed to rack up another AF day. In fact I will need to be AF tomorrow too if I want to see 4AF days per week at this juncture.
    August 14 - AF - Just squeaked to my 4AF days per week. Of course 5 would have been better, but the 4 days in a row of drinks put me behind. I don't think that I have had 4 days in a row of drinks since October. Playing catch up now.
    August 15 - AF - I didn't want to be AF today, but I had to make up for the holiday drinks still.
    August 16 - 3 drinks. Not planned. 4 AF days in a row prior, but I was feeling some anxiety, missed my Tuesday opportunity to have drinks because I was trying to make up for my holiday. I actually wanted to be fresh and un-bloated for tomorrow's multi-cultural festival in the park. Drank a bunch of water after, hoping to lessen the tomorrow effects of having drinks tonight. I don't think that it was self-sabotage. 4AF days in a row...might be too many for me still. Working on it...

9AF days out of 16 days so far.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    I'm back after being away and just catching up. I had given up counting drinks and I have all the excuses.Too much travel, too much stress, too much work, long hot summer, too tired, getting old, lots of bad luck. Past few weeks have been let's say, self destructive with me having that "I don't care" attitude. I put myself in a negative thinking mode that really served me no purpose whatsoever. I woke up today thinking I want to turn this around starting now. I am priority #1 and need to get up and out of my depression and get really tough and serious with myself.

@globalhiker you said a mouthful of what so many of us have also experienced.
    Nice too see you, step in, and take your place right back in line where you left off. You have just "turned it around" 😊
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    beebva4 wrote: »
    I hope everyone has been doing good with their goals!
    Lately I havent been checking in here, sadly I feel as if my interactions have gone fairly unnoticed and I find this group to be less than the support I need. I have posted a few times tagging people and looking for advice but it gets passed over and it has been keeping me from feeling like my struggles fit into everyone else's accomplishments. I wish everyone a great journey and I am sad to say goodbye to some of you. I hope to find my own personal strength along my journey of alcohol free-ism.

I wish everyone well ❤❤

No, don't go. We are here.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.
    August 06 - 2 1/2 drinks. Kind of different that I couldn't finish my 3rd drink, I put it in the freezer. Tuesdays are the days that I sort of have scheduled to have a few drinks if I want them. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that I planned AF for a Tuesday. All good.
    August 07 - AF
    August 08 - 2 drinks (8oz red wine). It was lovely after a fantastic active day.
    August 10 - 2 wine
    August 11 - 3 drinks - so much for not doing 2 days in a row. I will get back on track.
    August 12 - AF - Back home and of course 3 pounds heavier. For sure I danced and walked lots, so it could have been 6 pounds. Getting on track.
    August 13 - AF - Tuesday, my sort of planned day to have a few drinks, but seeing as I had drinks 4 days in a row on my holiday I needed to rack up another AF day. In fact I will need to be AF tomorrow too if I want to see 4AF days per week at this juncture.
    August 14 - AF - Just squeaked to my 4AF days per week. Of course 5 would have been better, but the 4 days in a row of drinks put me behind. I don't think that I have had 4 days in a row of drinks since October. Playing catch up now.
    August 15 - AF - I didn't want to be AF today, but I had to make up for the holiday drinks still.
    August 16 - 3 drinks. Not planned. 4 AF days in a row prior, but I was feeling some anxiety, missed my Tuesday opportunity to have drinks because I was trying to make up for my holiday. I actually wanted to be fresh and un-bloated for tomorrow's multi-cultural festival in the park. Drank a bunch of water after, hoping to lessen the tomorrow effects of having drinks tonight. I don't think that it was self-sabotage. 4AF days in a row...might be too many for me still. Working on it...
    August 17 - AF - planned wine with a gf tomorrow.

10AF days out of 17 days so far.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has been doing good with their goals!
    Lately I havent been checking in here, sadly I feel as if my interactions have gone fairly unnoticed and I find this group to be less than the support I need. I have posted a few times tagging people and looking for advice but it gets passed over and it has been keeping me from feeling like my struggles fit into everyone else's accomplishments. I wish everyone a great journey and I am sad to say goodbye to some of you. I hope to find my own personal strength along my journey of alcohol free-ism.

I wish everyone well ❤❤

Oh dear so sad you feel like that you can friend me if you want my support.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @beebva4
    Perhaps we are not giving you all of the support that you want/need, but even if you get a little from us and supplement that with something else then it will be good.

If nothing else, think of posting on this thread as a place to help with accountability. (It definitely has helped me)

You have been supportive of everyone. Sometimes supporting others is a part of the process to understanding and helping ourselves.

If you tagged me and I didn't respond I assure you that it wasn't intentional. I don't even know how to tag or what that means exactly. Please bear in mind that some of us are older, and perhaps not tech savvy. (I type into an old desktop computer once or twice a day)

I hope that you reconsider and don't break up with us.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    , I really do hope you stick around & you are welcome to send me a personal note and we can set up time to connect if you wish. And I totally understand the need for more structure and support, I get it, and it's out there. I see this medium as one tool amongst several that can help.
    Your postings really motivated me.
  • MissMay
    Options
    dp0r8o2kn741.jpg
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    dp0r8o2kn741.jpg

I really am going to try!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @annliz23 we believe you WILL. Tiny steps. Rome was not built in a day.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't be writing the night of your fail if it were a complete fail. :smile: That says tons about your desire to make a change. It's a process for most of us--today is a new day! And hopefully non-full moon, lol.
    MissMay wrote: »
    Well, tonight was a total loss.

That was last night.
    Today is a brand new day.
    Remember ONE day at a time is our motto. ☺

You're right. And I woke up today wanting more than ever to be done with this nonsense, I feel like crap and sure didn't have fun.

Shockingly, when I stepped on the scale this morning though I somehow managed to drop 3lbs overnight. So I guess I can't complain too much, lol.

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options

August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 07 - AF
    August 10 - 2 wine
    August 17 - AF - planned wine with a gf tomorrow.
    August 18 - 3 drinks - running out of time to rack up a bunch of AF days - aiming for at least 7 more.

10AF days out of 18 days so far.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I took a little break from my 7 week alcohol break and had two glasses of wine this wknd. Alone, planned. I enjoyed it, but it made me tired (as it usually does). I really want to be "normal" and be able to have 2 max/day & 4 max/week. I'm going to be very planful and see how normal I can be, lol.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @mainelylisa seven weeks clearly is no "little break". That, I am sure, took thought process. Having your two glasses of wine alone as you mentioned is not the beginning of a downward spiral. You stopped at two, or maybe you stopped at one depending on if you stretched them both over the entire wknd. Sorry I can't help you with the what NORMAL maybe.
    Being conscious of your consumption is a huge WIN WIN.😊 😊 😊