Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• NotButtUgly
    NotButtUgly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 😣 Wine with mom
    8/3 - 😣 4-5 drinks but planned pool time with friends with the intent of making them weak - proud that I cut down and had watered down beverages using my big yetti cup of mostly diet tonic mixed w/1 shot of vodka
    8/4 - 😣 3 - same as above.
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm really struggling with getting back on track. I got away from tracking my food and back to consuming a lot of beer. I am trying to refocus. Reboot. Looking for thay kick in the butt. This is me here, now, saying "I'm starting over" again.

Starting over is still a win in my opinion! Its giving up and not trying for the umpteenth time that is easier and quiting. Proud of you for coming back ready for a new day! As I have seen your posts the last few months you have had a lot on your plate and there is nothing wrong with taking a break. I'll be here to support and motivate! You can do it! ❣
  • Phoebe356
    Phoebe356 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have 25 years of sobriety with AA. But I eat too much and don't take care of myself physically. So there you go.
    I always take my own AF drinks to social activities. Hope that helps someone. B)
  • LastTryljm
    LastTryljm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm really struggling with getting back on track. I got away from tracking my food and back to consuming a lot of beer. I am trying to refocus. Reboot. Looking for thay kick in the butt. This is me here, now, saying "I'm starting over" again.

Good for you!! I'm starting over with you! <3
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 😣 Wine with mom
    8/3 - 😣 4-5 drinks but planned pool time with friends with the intent of making them weak - proud that I cut down and had watered down beverages using my big yetti cup of mostly diet tonic mixed w/1 shot of vodka
    8/4 - 😣 3 - same as above.

I read this as you're trying to make your pool friends weak by drinking, lol. Not a bad strategy if you're playing water polo! Anyway, way to strategize and stick to it!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options

You asked for it. Good to see you again Terri. REBOOT
    g11g6pl15s7b.jpg
  • NotButtUgly
    NotButtUgly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LastTryljm wrote: »
    8/1 AF
    8/2 AF
    8/3 Many adult beverages consumed - impromptu family gathering at my house :#
    8/4 Many drinks...

:( feel like absolute crap today...I have to get back on track!!

Pop up parties / unplanned gatherings are the norm at my house too which often lead to being over served. I love having my friends and family over and the measuring versus free pour definitely made a difference this weekend. Slowly sipping throughout the day and I didn't feel as crappy. Planning to go AF during the week.

We're all in this together!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.

4AF days out of 5 days so far.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    LastTryljm wrote: »
    Good morning! I have been creeping on this thread for a little bit and finally decided this morning to chime in.

In March I started taking a medication that reacts horribly with too much alcohol, believe me I found out the hard way...anyway, for 3 months I didn't have a drop of alcohol. Then I started slowly having a few drinks and now I have occasional drinks, always with guilt afterwards. For example, I had cocktails Wednesday night, I don't have a count - it was a lot, and I felt crappy all day Thursday, ate like it too, and today saw a nice 2 lb gain on the scale :(

From March 2018 til March 2019 I lost 15 lbs, from March 2019 (stopped drinking) til now I have lost 30 lbs. That is why I really want to stay as close to alcohol free as I can! Alcohol is also responsible for my weight gain from 160 lbs to 240 lbs...happened in about five years I guess. Lots of white russians...

So because I am having a really hard time not enjoying some adult beverages each night with my significant other ;I am joining this thread looking for some accountability, encouragement and an overall place to vent...I promise I will try to stay as positive as I can, I just get really frustrated sometimes.

Shew! TMI? lol! Good luck to everyone and I am so thankful that you all are here. <3

8/1 ~ AF

Wow, I get you....such work in progress always, but I know if I could control/quit the drinking, I'd drop the pounds.
    Still trying
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    Somethings gotta give... and I'm pretty sure it's me... gotta give up daily drinking. Did a while ago for several weeks and felt great. Slowly ramped back up over the last several months. Now am feeling pretty lousy about who I'm becoming, not remembering things, wasting a lot of time and money on getting, drinking and recovering from booze. Have a dinner date tonight so it'll be tough but I really want to skip the wine and cocktails and enjoy some ginger ale. Have a good weekend everyone B)

Karen, sounds like we're on the same boat.
    We have to kick this!
    Reading your post gives me encouragement.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    I tried for AF today. Didn't pan out. I relented and had 3 units.

Keep trying.
    1 less every day
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    I think that today I might be able to pull off an AF.
    It is exercise on day for me so I will do some hill repeats for 90 minutes or.
    I have habitually had alcohol after exercise.
    Something about damping down my muscles and easing my joints.
    But if I exercise to lose or maintain weight, then drink all of that exercise, am I not just wasting my cartilage on alcohol.

BTW (By The Way)
    Nice to see you again.
    You have such a wonderful story about your relationship with Buddy.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    But if I exercise to lose or maintain weight, then drink all of that exercise, am I not just wasting my cartilage on alcohol.

My joints hurt terribly after I drink😵

I find that too. It a great reminder

Whattt???
    Really???
    This is news to me.
    Many aches and pains in my joints.
    I've been taking inflammatories for several years.
    Considering starting to take boron daily
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Whew...long long Sunday, with Church and shopping with middle daughter. She & hubby are both gluten free by necessity so we visit many shops for organic, etc...then top it off by a stop for my non-organic fruit and veggies. Replaced my sushi and wine with a salt loaded boxed dinner because I was so tired and hungry. Bad idea. Had a NA beer with. Good idea.
    NO way am I looking at the scale this morning, instead going back on MFP diet site to log in daily.
    And not going back to having to log in my wine calories.

Day 5, and looking forward.

I totally understand
    Nice to hear someone else admit my faults..."not going back to log wine calories "
    Plus more of what you said, but family guest just arrived and I need to let him in. Tata
    Hubby's 80 something uncle just drove in from Florida.
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »

My joints hurt terribly after I drink😵

I find that too. It a great reminder

Whattt???
    Really???
    This is news to me.
    Many aches and pains in my joints.
    I've been taking inflammatories for several years.
    Considering starting to take boron daily

Yes I found sugary food do too. But alcohol is my worst.
    When I get pain like that I have a bath in Epsom salts. Epsom salts draw out inflammation. :)