Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.
    August 06 - 2 1/2 drinks. Kind of different that I couldn't finish my 3rd drink, I put it in the freezer. Tuesdays are the days that I sort of have scheduled to have a few drinks if I want them. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that I planned AF for a Tuesday. All good.
    August 07 - AF

5AF days out of 7 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Thanks @mainelylisa : - )
    I didn't really think of the humour in putting a half drink in the freezer, but I am laughing now. Not the first time. Had I drank the other half I would have been drunk. I worked a very long day with barely any food so it was hitting me and I couldn't drink the rest. It will be consumed another day : - P
    One of my favourite lakes is just across the border in North Idaho, I will be hitting a few wonderful lakes on the way down tomorrow. I love North Idaho and Montana, 40 minutes to the Canada/US border from where I live.
    I will still be tracking on MFP most days if I get wifi.
    I so need this little hot summer holiday.
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Here we go!
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 3 drinks
    8/3 - bad 😣
    8/4 - 1 Truly (88 cals)
    8/5 - AF
    8/6 - 3 drinks? Didnt plan on it.
    8/7 - AF

Yikes I havent done too good 😖
    AF tonight! ✊🏻
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Alzzi_2 wrote: »
    Tonight I have poured myself a drink. Stop at one. But I was super tensed with personal stuff. I needed to relax. I know it's not the best remedy but now I have noted it. Mid week. I try going without at the weekend to make up .

Well done all. If we keep our mind our goal we will get there :);)

One is awesome. Notice there is not a zero after it to make it ten 😉. Your doing fantastic @Alzzi

Thankyou so much for this! It made my day. ♡
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    beebva4 wrote: »
    Here we go!
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 3 drinks
    8/3 - bad 😣
    8/4 - 1 Truly (88 cals)
    8/5 - AF
    8/7 - AF

Yikes I havent done too good 😖
    AF tonight! ✊🏻

Your doing better than u would be if u didn't choose to be here. Well done, every day , a step at a time. When u dont drink, be aware of hiw much better you feel. It will be help to u to be strong when tempted.
    Still be kind and forgive. Drink plenty of water if u can.
    All the best! ♡
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Here we go!
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 3 drinks
    8/3 - bad 😣
    8/4 - 1 Truly (88 cals)
    8/5 - AF
    8/7 - AF
    8/8 - AF

Even though today is a Friday I plan on going AF. I'll plan my day to have drinks for tomorrow. I'm also going to try super hard to not let this weekend be a total cheat weekend like I normally, unintentionally do.

@Alzzi_2 thank you for the kind and helpful words! I notice the days I do drink a lot of water actually really do help! Its fighting those bad days I have to work on 🤔
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.
    August 06 - 2 1/2 drinks. Kind of different that I couldn't finish my 3rd drink, I put it in the freezer. Tuesdays are the days that I sort of have scheduled to have a few drinks if I want them. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that I planned AF for a Tuesday. All good.
    August 07 - AF
    August 08 - 2 drinks (8oz red wine). It was lovely after a fantastic active day.

5AF days out of 8 days so far.

• NotButtUgly
    NotButtUgly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 😣 Wine with mom
    8/3 - 😣 4-5 drinks but planned pool time with friends with the intent of making them weak - proud that I cut down and had watered down beverages using my big Yet cup of mostly diet tonic mixed w/1 shot of vodka
    8/4 - 😣 3 - same as above.
    8/5 AF -enjoyed some diet ginger ale in my wine glass.
    8/6 AF
    8/7 😣
    8/8 😣

Wine is my go to adult beverage - I'm not doing too good at this. I know I will have wine on Thursday's because my mom usually gets my puppy for a play date with her puppy and we have a glass or two when she brings him back home after I get off work. I'm going to strive for Sunday through Thursday AF and less when I do have it.

• mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Yes, it is gorgeous! Hope you continue to have beautiful weather and enjoy!!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Spontaneous weekend trip to a state park staying at the lodge. And so far for the month I’m 4 out of 9 days AF. That includes last night when we arrived at the lodge, I normally would have had a glass of wine sitting on the balcony but I knew we were getting up early for a 3 mile hike . So I had quiet coffee on the balcony while everyone else slept in. Today we are heading to fish and swim - will not be AF!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Spontaneous weekend trip to a state park staying at the lodge. And so far for the month I’m 4 out of 9 days AF. That includes last night when we arrived at the lodge, I normally would have had a glass of wine sitting on the balcony but I knew we were getting up early for a 3 mile hike . So I had quiet coffee on the balcony while everyone else slept in. Today we are heading to fish and swim - will not be AF!