Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• NotButtUgly
    NotButtUgly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    /1 - AF
    8/2 - ๐Ÿ˜ฃ Wine with mom
    8/3 - ๐Ÿ˜ฃ 4-5 drinks but planned pool time with friends with the intent of making them weak - proud that I cut down and had watered down beverages using my big yetti cup of mostly diet tonic mixed w/1 shot of vodka
    8/4 - ๐Ÿ˜ฃ 3 - same as above.
    8/5 AF -enjoyed some diet ginger ale in my wine glass.
  • LastTryljm
    LastTryljm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    8/1 AF
    8/2 AF
    8/3 Many adult beverages consumed - impromptu family gathering at my house :#
    8/4 Many drinks...
    8/5 AF

beat myself up enough yesterday...being positive today and getting right back on track!
    My goal is to be AF until my birthday on the 21st *fingers crossed*
  • LastTryljm
    LastTryljm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Saturday there was a pig roast fundraiser near us that we attended. Could not have been a better day, weather was gorgeous. Lots of great food, people I had not seen in years were there. Best part of all was a live band set up out doors and dancing on a newly built deck pavilion.
    I had people that wanted to chat buying me drinks. I would tell them to go inside and tell Sharon to grab me my "special brew". They had no clue, the bottle was identical to that of it's original beer. They would walk with it several hundred feet, hand it to me and never know it was Heineken 00. I was no different than any other fun loving person there. And no one treated me as if I had leprosy because I was not having alcohol, because they did not need to know. I still ran up a tab- those cost about the same as the original.
    In the past all of the above would be the perfect storm for me getting totaly loaded. That was old me. I am digging new me so much more that can have a blast at a gathering and drive home safely.

I am not 100% AF, but I am conscious of where - what - how I drink. ๐Ÿ˜

@MissMay Love, love, love! I am hoping to someday be able to enjoy an event/gathering without having many adult beverages. You rock! <3
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    As y'all keep posting..."We are all in the same boat"...so, let's row together !! The exercise is a plus.

Miss May, you are a sly one, actually having your drinking buddies tote your AF beer. And I thought my kids and grandkids had ALL the Dr. Seuss books...missed that one. <3

Day six for my re-re-start.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    As y'all keep posting..."We are all in the same boat"...so, let's row together !! The exercise is a plus.

Miss May, you are a sly one, actually having your drinking buddies tote your AF beer. And I thought my kids and grandkids had ALL the Dr. Seuss books...missed that one. <3

Day six for my re-re-start.

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options

@MissMay Love, love, love! I am hoping to someday be able to enjoy an event/gathering without having many adult beverages. You rock! <3

It takes time. This has been years in the making, I will not lie that I did it this way overnight or without MANY MANY restarts back to zero...day one all over again.
    You'll get there!
  • renpup
    renpup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I unintentionally stopped posted towards the end of July there, but I'm happy to say that I went 20 days AF. I did keep a running tally of the number of drinks I had, and it ended up at 35, which...is still not great for me? That kind of surprised me, so for this month I not only want to stick to only drinking weekends, I'd like to get that number lower than the number of days in a month (if that makes sense).

I'm not off to a great start though--definitely overdid it this past weekend, AND I had an unneeded beer on Sunday afternoon because we were at my in-laws' and my FIL and husband were both drinking. So it's only August 6, but I've only had 2 AF days, and I'm already up to nine drinks. I have some work to do, but it's nice to set these small goals and see the difference they make. Here's to a great August, everyone!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It feels good to have the chance again to read everyone's posts. That is where I get my motivation.
    After work I am going to plan to have an alternate beverage and not have a beer until 7:30. Only 3 and to bed before 10:15.
  • Kayatpb13
    Kayatpb13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    8/1 - AF
    8/2 - AF
    8/3 - Planned drinks at the Ren Faire...had...many...maybe 5 or 6
    8/4 - AF
    8/5 - AF

I had a bad night of sleep unrelated to alcohol last night. Work stress is getting the better of me. I know I do better with processing emotions when I meditate rather than when I drink, so will try and get back on that horse as well. In the meantime, I will just need to stay strong and keep my goals in mind and not use tiredness or stress as an excuse to drink, especially during the week (which is my goal). Keep up the good work everyone, and stay strong.
  • francineb4
    francineb4 Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    8/1AF
    8/2 3 drinks empty stomach nobody else drank more than 1
    8/3 3 drinks
    8/4 3 drinks nobody else drinking ugh. I snuck the last one when nobody was looking.
    8/5 Af
    8/6 AF and going to bed. Super stressed at work today and REALLY wanted one. Almost did but had to spend about 20 minutes looking for our cat and by the time we found her the craving passed. Years ago a friend told me that staying sober was all about distraction and keeping busy.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I think that today I might be able to pull off an AF.
    It is exercise on day for me so I will do some hill repeats for 90 minutes or.
    I have habitually had alcohol after exercise.
    Something about damping down my muscles and easing my joints.
    But if I exercise to lose or maintain weight, then drink all of that exercise, am I not just wasting my cartilage on alcohol.

Good for you.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,556 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.
    August 06 - 2 1/2 drinks. Kind of different that I couldn't finish my 3rd drink, I put it in the freezer. Tuesdays are the days that I sort of have scheduled to have a few drinks if I want them. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that I planned AF for a Tuesday. All good.

4AF days out of 6 days so far.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Way to go with planned (even though you forgot you planned) drinks. You cracked me up with the partial drink in the freezer. I probably would have done the same thing. Hope the Bluesfest is a great time!
    I am going to strive for the same as usual, 4-5 AF days per week. I will post daily to keep me accountable.
    I was pleased with my 20 AF days for July.

August 01 - AF - I didn't want to be, but have to start the month off right. Many things planned for the weekend and there will be drinks involved. I will have to be strategic so that I don't have drinks 2 days in a row.
    August 02 - AF - Again, didn't want to be. It is a long weekend with lots going on here in British Columbia. I want to not look terrible tomorrow, so no booze for me tonight.
    August 03 - 3 drinks.
    August 04 - AF
    August 05 - AF - Going away Wednesday or Thursday for 5 or 6 days to a riverfront bluesfest in Montana, where the drinks are so much cheaper than Canada and I will have no responsibilities. I may have drinks, but will try to not have them 2 days in a row. Planning AF for tomorrow.
    August 06 - 2 1/2 drinks. Kind of different that I couldn't finish my 3rd drink, I put it in the freezer. Tuesdays are the days that I sort of have scheduled to have a few drinks if I want them. Not sure what I was thinking when I said that I planned AF for a Tuesday. All good.

4AF days out of 6 days so far.